• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
For one who is destined to leave madrid, Benzema truly leaves me speechless with his professionalism and dedication to madrid and the fans. What a performance by benz. Can't ask for a better performance from one who will leave in jan.

This is getting annoying.

Meier

317667_10152154712335455_1461737131_n.jpg

doicare's head would explode. Dortmund with nearly double the number of shots but considerably less possession.

We need to improve on our finishing skills....damn it.....If only Lewy or Gotze scored one earlier.......Klopp please give Perisic more playing time, we need a poacher like him so badly.

I'd be glad with 1 pt before the match....But after a splendid performance like this, draw is really hard to swallow. Frankly I'm not sure how we'll be able to beat city at home(things can change with time)...Will be crucial for us to at least grab a point in the two matches against Real

For one who is destined to leave madrid, Benzema truly leaves me speechless with his professionalism and dedication to madrid and the fans. What a performance by benz. Can't ask for a better performance from one who will leave in jan.

Yeah, dude, we fucking now. You know that guy who knows that guy that knows Benzema's agent and that guy told you he'll leave. Sorry, I don't fucking care after having read that the 20th time in the last two weeks and I can't believe someone else does.

Noirulus

For one who is destined to leave madrid, Benzema truly leaves me speechless with his professionalism and dedication to madrid and the fans. What a performance by benz. Can't ask for a better performance from one who will leave in jan. makes me wanna cry.

wat

pulga

Banned
Yeah, dude, we fucking now. You know that guy who knows that guy that knows Benzema's agent and that guy told you he'll leave. Sorry, I don't fucking care after having read that the 20th time in the last two weeks and I can't believe someone else does.

Even if it is true, it's fucking annoying as hell. Every. Single. Madrid. Game.

One thing to take from today's game that Klopp and his players 100% nailed is how to deal with Yaya Toure. They blitzed him. Anytime he got on the ball they converged on him 2/3/4 players on the spot right away.

Never let him settle on the ball or gather up a head of steam and it worked to perfection.

Ahahaha

We need to improve on our finishing skills....damn it.....If only Lewy or Gotze scored one earlier.......Klopp please give Perisic more playing time, we need a poacher like him so badly.

Götze, Reus, Kuba >> Perisic

He'll either improve or will sit on the bench and I don't see him being better than those three anytime soon.

PL = best league. Man City = PL Champ. Easy math.

They've been playing pretty badly this season and have a poor record in Europe. Take that into the equation plus the fact they're playing the German champions and it should be clear it wasn't going to be a easy game!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
James Rodriguez will be sold for 45 millions in 2 years, the way they run the club is kind of amazing. Buy a rising South American star for peanuts, sell him for 40+ millions in the future.

Can someone explain to me this rule about stopping your run when taking a penalty? I've seen refs stop and book strikers for this, whereas others let it go

Jeff Stelling has called it one of the greatest goalkeeping displays of all time.

Chatting shit like it's Saturday afternoon with Thommo, Mers and Tiss.

Can someone explain to me this rule about stopping your run when taking a penalty? I've seen refs stop and book strikers for this, whereas others let it go
Confused as hell too I thought no stutter was allowed.

D_prOdigy

First I thought the rule was you have to make one fluent run.

Then I was told there was no such rule and that you're only supposed to avoid taking it in an unsporting way. This is of course down to referee's discretion.

Arnie

Jeff Stelling has called it one of the greatest goalkeeping displays of all time.

Channeling Merson, I think.

A couple of weeks ago he called Baines the best left back in the world. I was laughing for literally 5 minutes.

Confused as hell too I thought no stutter was allowed.

He probably would have died if he saw brad friedel at the emirates five or so years ago then

Hart made two or three great saves tonight then a few easy ones

Great display from him and near flawless apart from a laughable punch but it seems everything he does is hyped to the max (which in turn makes me overly critical admittedly)

Hart is still quite a bit away from the very top of keepers. He's in the sub top with quite a few other keepers.

"Feinting in the run-up to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted, however feinting to kick the ball once the player has completed his run-up is now considered an infringement," FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke told a press conference held at the organizations headquarters in Switzerland."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/05/19/football.penalty.FIFA.WorldCup/index.html

AndresON777

shooting blanks

image.php

They should name that guy agent 89 or whatever lol

come on Mumei do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom