• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Ando had a good first half. But he looked knackered going off at half time. Fletch looked good, I think. Tackled and closed down the opposition well.

Rooney looks like he's lost some weight too.

Rad-

I love Anderson's playstyle when he is in form. Shame that form only lasts for like 4-6 weeks per season, if even that.

That Vermilj kid is having a horrible match. Or maybe he just sucks.

LegoArmo

There's a reason I always put Anderson in my 11. He's a great player. Obviously fat and injury prone, tires after 60 minutes. That's when I'd bring on Scholes.

Man United are charging 45 :lol

That's pretty disgusting. Biggest pet hate in football is the ticket prices, it was usually just the Premier League set prices that annoyed me. You'd generally find clubs would offer reduced tickets for cup games, but that's horrible, totally taking the piss out of their fans.

Nice combination between Anderson and Cleverley. Hopefully they can stay fit this season.

Same as early last season. Cleverly gives him a reliable outlet at lets him play. I want to see them both playing again instead of the old boys.
These 2 sitting I front of Fletcher with Kagawa ahead would be fantastic. Could make a 3 with 2 strikers as another option too.

Lightning

Banned
Chim-Chimey, Chim-Chimney, Chim-Chimney cheroo!! Who needs Van Persie, you've got Giroud!
To be honest I was kinda nervous about him in this game because if he failed to score the media would have ripped him a new one and the pressure that much worse. Extremely relieved that he scored but he still needs to score in the premier league where it matters.

ShogunX

How has Mulumbu not got a yellow card for the ''tackle'' on Henderson?

Shocking tackle and yet again more referee bullshit. Oh look there he goes again and this time he's booked. Prick.

Less than 50k at Old Trafford according to Talk Sport.

Percentage wise it's about right with City's lacking crowd for last night.

we had worse weather too
% wise?

Wtf is that? Basically, the crowd at OT tonight would fill the Etihad. And it's a shocking £50 a pop.

Rooney looks sharp tonight. Some great touches and awesome range of passing. Anderson LOL.

Requeim

I wonder if something like this would work out alright, i'd like to see it at least

------Rafael---Rio--Evans---Büttner-
-------Valencia--Fletcher--Carrick-
-----------------Shinji------------
-----------Rooney-----RVP--------

Clegg

A midfield of Carrick, a fit Fletcher and one of Cleverley/Ando could be very good.

And then we could have a front three of Kagawa/Rooney/RVP interchanging at will.

That could be very hard to stop and would be a marked difference in our default "give it to the wingers" tactic.

Clegg

I love a good 4-3-3. Won the Champions League with that, basically.

We had Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez as our front three though.

And a better midfield at the time.

Actually, a front three of Rooney/RVP/Kagawa wouldn't be too far off the 2008 vintage.

LegoArmo

First touch passing is so foreign to this team. I'm confused how they can play like this sometimes then be completely shit at others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom