• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
I think Holloway (not PL, alas) is one of the few I'd expect to actually stick it to a player who had done wrong. Wenger has his moments, too - despite his vaunted occasional blindness.

Disclosure: Redcafé has numpties as unforgivable as those on RAWK, and worse besides.

Imbecilic grumbling in the Cleverley thread about how he passes to feet instead of into space.

I'm glad you admitted that about Redcafe. I browsed it the other day, reading a thread about Ballack's retirement. Saw a post expressing regret that his grandparents weren't bombed in WWII.

I can't sleep.......

iHYRn4WQolBk6.gif
Ahahahahaha

dc89

To be fair you should also call out Mancini for crawling up to Tevez on his golf course in Argentina and sucking on his toes after he fucked off and suffered nearly 0 recourse for just up and deciding to leave his team, and then openly blasting them in the media.

Yup. Mancini is guilty of this too in this respect. But Mancini did blast him, but he went back on that. Maybe that's worse?

I feel morally superior to Ashley Cole and JT. Damn right I do.

What do you think a suitable punishment for Cole would be then? Dropping him would seem counter-intuitive if Chelsea were going to drop so many points if he is banned.

I actually wouldn't be against a fine but I'm not sure how much of a punishment that would be given his financial status.
Di Matteo should have acknowledged that Cole made a mistake and said something stupid which he should not have said.

The underlying problem there however is that Chelsea as a club already went out on a limb backing Ashley Cole.

Linius

I am of the belief that when you go to play online in FIFA you are entering into an agreement not to be a DICKHEAD or a Sore loser. 2 people in a row quit on me when I scored in the first 5 mins and FIFA registers it as a no contest. One guy I was playing against as Villareal (see I don't even choose 5* teams Villareal are 3 1/2*) he was Santos up until halftime I was leading 2-1 in a back and forth game. The second half starts and I score and he quits. Why bother playing if you can't take losing or trying to make a comeback. I played as Bayern yesterday and got smashed 6-0 but I didn't quit. Once I player and went 3-0 down and came back to win 4-3 (as Villareal <3 Rossi)

Quitters annoy me.

This is so true. Yesterday I tought I finally found someone who didn't quite because it was already 6-1 in my advantage, but after that sixth he decided to leave anyways :(

Imbecilic grumbling in the Cleverley thread about how he passes to feet instead of into space.

That's a legitimate minor criticism imo (if it applies to him)

The 'twat' gif is amazing. Dunno what Suarez is doing in there, but still.

If Man City kill my accumulators, heads will roll

@Mumei, is there any chance at all of having a betting thread, either for football or all betting? Understandable if its something Gaf doesn't really want associated with it :p

Salazar

That's a legitimate minor criticism imo (if it applies to him)

So much of his passing is short, and so much of it central, that I don't really know where the space that he's supposed to be using exists. And the strength of his game isn't so much in the penetration of that passing (advanced playmaker Clev is acutely bogus) but the speed of it. Which isn't incompatible with intelligently weighted passing, but it doesn't lean hard towards it.

I agree that there are players who can tailor 90% of their passes to accommodate the potential and predicted movement of the receiver, but fuck. Xavi is an alien.

We're gonna lose to Newcastle.

Fergie will go with 2 in the middle, Cabaye and Tiote will eat them. Ben Arfa will play right side and absolutely destroy Evra. Papiss and Demba are good finishers so they will put their chances away.

Then it's a 2 week international break for us to mull over how much we suck.

So much of his passing is short, and so much of it central, that I don't really know where the space that he's supposed to be using exists.

I agree that there are players who can tailor 90% of their passes to accommodate the potential and predicted movement of the receiver, but fuck. Allen is an alien.

That's fair, but if he's passing it to feet when the room is there to pass it in a way that creates more momentum, its something that could probably be coached into him. We have a coupleof players who only pass to feet, and I think its a mental issue. Spearing, Enrique, Carragher and Downing will only pass to feet, and I can only imagine its because they're so terrified of making mistakes they actively look to pass the buck onto the receiver, even if it means you're putting them into a situation where they're forced to fanny about with the ball before looking to do anything productive with it.

In fact, everything Downing does gives me that impression. He considers a shot to be good enough as long as its on target. A cross is great as long as it gets into the box at head height, even if there's nobody in there. A pass is fine as long as it touches the receiver. He isn't disappointed to come out of a game with no goals, assists or any productive play. He's disappointed when he's given the ball away a few times. Like the opposite of Nani :p

sohois

Sounds more like a very bad experience for this one lad than something that is endemic to the entire academy of Inter - I mean, even though the dates are several years apart Inter did win the Next gen series last year, so the academy must be doing some things right.

The_Hitcher89 said:
In fact, everything Downing does gives me that impression. He considers a shot to be good enough as long as its on target. A cross is great as long as it gets into the box at head height, even if there's nobody in there. A pass is fine as long as it touches the receiver. He isn't disappointed to come out of a game with no goals, assists or any productive play. He's disappointed when he's given the ball away a few times. Like the opposite of Nani :p

You basically just described Allen. Clearly Rodgers & Kenny were barking up the wrong tree trying to turn Downing into a LB, when all along he is the replacement for Lucas Liverpool have been waiting for.

Salazar

:lol Welsh Xavi

ClevGod's not a panicker, though. He's not as exaggeratedly chill as Pogtrayer, but it's rare that he passes because he's bottled it somehow.

He needs these league games, though.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
What do we reckon on City's chances of conceding against Sunderland today? I know no clean sheets and all that but I'm trying to decide whether or not to leave it in my BTTS.

JesusTom

What do we reckon on City's chances of conceding against Sunderland today? I know no clean sheets and all that but I'm trying to decide whether or not to leave it in my BTTS.

I reckon Fletcher will get a goal, City have presented chances to every team this season, and Fletcher isn't the kind of striker to not take advantage.

On here as in GAF or footy-gaf?

Off-Topic Gaf

@sohois, recycling possession and maneuvring the ball into spaces from which to attack is pretty much Allen's job. If he was doing it as one of the front 3, that'd be a problem. And Allen makes the right move and pass 95% of the time, Downing makes the easiest one 99% of the time. I hope I never have to watch him and Enrique on the same wing again. Soul-destroying

Plus of course Allen's been playing as our most defensive midfielder for all but 1 match I think

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Verratti- "I see Immobile and Insigne starting, it makes you think, that could be me at Juventus. But you don't make decisions based on 'if'. I am a fan of Juventus, a huge fan, and my idol is Del Piero." :(

Italian Verratti is in Paris and French Pogba is in Turin. Why?

bud23

PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti;

"I do not know if it is a transfer that the club can do," the former AC Milan coach admitted to L'Equipe. "Ronaldo is a symbol of Real Madrid. But could any coach say he does not want Cristiano Ronaldo?

"I think he can play with Ibra without problem. They have the qualities to play together.

"I do not think this would cause problems of ego [either]. In Milan, I had a lot of players with big personalities, and we built a great team."

L´Equipe;"Ronaldo au PSG, c'est crédible"

1349515940_extras_ladillos_1_0.jpg

I say no way.

Imagine if Andy Carroll's last name was Immobile. The fun we'd have...

Time to make Joe Allen on PES. Shouldn't be too hard, he couldn't look more generic :p

Zabojnik

Can we please nuke the utterly corrupted institution that is FIGC from the orbit? Please. I wouldn't mind dying a horrible death if it meant getting rid of these fuckers.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

99% they will concede a goal. None of their defenders are playing well and their midfield lacks bite at the moment.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Its not like Sunderlands attack is that strong. I am expecting them to play boring park the bus like tactics to try and steal a draw.

They whooped City for most of this fixture last season and were unlucky not to win. Adam Johnson, Larsson, Sessegnon, Fletcher, McClean, they have more than enough to trouble the City defense. I think City will win but Sunderland are certain to score IMO. City look vulnerable from every possible situation right now, from set plays, counter attacks, through balls, they just look all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom