• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I remember when I first came to this place there were loads of Arsenal fans. Now you guys are all but gone.

I'll give Liverpool fans credit because even though theyre awful at times they still stick by their club.

Yeah, only us true Arsenal fans have stuck through the tough times. It's something you wouldn't know about being a Barca fan
but I guess you would know it for cheering for the Chilean national team for so many years.

Choc

Banned
lol I remember when I first came to this place there were loads of Arsenal fans. Now you guys are all but gone.

I'll give Liverpool fans credit because even though theyre awful at times they still stick by their club.

What us sunderland fans :)

and i live in Australia for fuck sake!

Whenever i walk down the street with my shirt on all the british tourists talk to me and are like wow i never expected an aussie to support sunderland

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah, only us true Arsenal fans have stuck through the tough times. It's something you wouldn't know about being a Barca fan but I guess you would know it for cheering for the Chilean national team for so many years.

Ya but you guys probably became fans when you were 'invincibles'. If Barça start to suck (doubtful) I will just adopt the mentality I have towards my American sports teams or Colombia. All my teams suck dude lol except for Barça. I was salty as fuck earlier when the Bravos lost. I'll support them but I'll clown them at the same time.

-lol did you edit the chilean comment in? haha

I actually picked up Isla for my UT

Lightning

Banned
How long ago was that? I haven't noticed many leaving, Arsenal fans just don't post that much. There are still a few regulars here posting all the time as well.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Andres my username twin, don't go upsetting us arsenal fans, we may sit in silence but a fire will rise

lol me and Sviatoslav just talk mad shit its all in good fun I like Arsenal actually. I mean you guys arent Chelsea or City lets be real.

-im going to sleep my vag is just sandy because my local baseball team got eliminated tonight in spectacular and ridiculous fashion.

lol me and Sviatoslav just talk mad shit its all in good fun I like Arsenal actually. I mean you guys arent Chelsea or City lets be real.

-im going to sleep my vag is just sandy because my local baseball team got eliminated tonight in spectacular and ridiculous fashion.
woah woah woah you don't go insuting my Gazprom bros like that.

Lol, Braves have as much playoff success as Tony Romo.

Oxx

Justice for the Braves. Chipper :(

dc89

Last night someone linked a KSI video and I said 'thats a girl on Twitter I follow'. Well I asked her and it was. She said he was just a utter JT and made her feel really uncomfortable.

Well... KSI has been banned from Eurogamer for life.

Eurogamer's operations director saw the video he made and then said "he'll be banned from all future shows"

He was at Eurogamer as part of his deal with Razer, they have also said his video is content they do not want to be associated with so he's probably pissed that contract up the wall too. What. A. Moron

Today I embarked on a journey to rid Munich from the red-colored tyranny:
ZqbrI.png

Even got a killer in my team:

Tegris

To be fair

the rest of the sydney team are utter shit today. but every time del piero touches it its sublime

watch the game before giving him shit :p

Oh, I obviously wasn't giving a serious critique... I'll watch the second half though and give a more in-depth report.

dc89

RDM was way off with his answer to a question which poised do footballers need to change their attitude - obviously in relation to yesterday's AC3 outburst.

Basically he said the whole of society needs to change. That's what I took from it.

When is a PL manager going to grow the bollocks to say what everyone else thinks? That their player has goofed and left the manager in a difficult place.

qindarka

Banned
RDM was way off with his answer to a question which poised do footballers need to change their attitude - obviously in relation to yesterday's AC3 outburst.

Basically he said the whole of society needs to change. That's what I took from it.

When is a PL manager going to grow the bollocks to say what everyone else thinks? That their player has goofed and left the manager in a difficult place.

I believe that it was not in response to Cole's outburst but the Terry affair and the prevalence of verbal abuse on the pitch. From reading the article on the Telegraph, that's how it appears anyway.

I can only think of about three futbol-gaffers who might have vomited on a woman mid-coitus.

RDM has no balls on this. Nor does Hodgson, I imagine.

Or it's just that he isn't saying exactly what you want to hear.

Choc

Banned

Never because AVB learned, its a lot easier to replace a manager than an entire team.

Thats why players can get away with almost anything and if they dont play and be cocks, the manager generally gets the knife not them

Salazar

Or it's just that he isn't saying exactly what you want to hear.

Makes no odds to me. Let the racist, shagging, pissing, vomiting JTs run wild.

Chelsea can just leave it up to the courts and the FA to discipline their players, I guess, but it's traditional for managers with a sack to handle that themselves.

qindarka

Banned
Makes no odds to me. Let the racist, shagging, pissing, vomiting JTs run wild.

You know, pretending not to care doesn't make you look smarter at all, especially after your numerous posts on this issue have indicated that you do care a lot and take pride in feeling morally superior to professional footballers. You even dragged in the names of two people (Di Matteo and Hodgson) who have nothing at all to do with this affair so you can feel morally superior to them too.

And this new episode was a result of dc misreading Di Matteo's comments and everyone else not bothering to actually find out what he said.

Salazar

You even dragged in the names of two people (Di Matteo and Hodgson) who have nothing at all to do with this affair

The Chelsea manager and the England manager (who held talks with Cole post-tweet) have nothing to do with Chelsea and England players ?

They're not responsible (after the fact, at least) for the conduct and discipline of their players in some degree ?

I don't feel morally superior to professional footballers in general. Just to morons who run their mouth and lie in court (and insert here all the unsavoury shit JT and Cole have got up to over the years). I'd have to have led a much more interesting and lewd life to put myself on their level.

qindarka

Banned
The Chelsea manager and the England manager (who held talks with Cole post-tweet) have nothing to do with Chelsea and England players ?

They're not responsible (after the fact, at least) for the conduct and discipline of their players in some degree ?

I don't feel morally superior to professional footballers in general. Just to morons who run their mouth and lie in court (and insert here all the unsavoury shit JT and Cole have got up to over the years). I'd have to have led a much more interesting and lewd life to put myself on their level.

What would you have them do? I do agree that they should talk to players to try and curb some of the stupid shit they get themselves into but what else should they be expected to do?
Their job is to pick the best team and not let their footballing decisions be involved by these sort of things.

And there is really no call for saying that Di Matteo had no balls. The part where he talked about society having to change was regarding the prevalence of verbal abuse on the pitch which was brought into light during Terry's trial where it was revealed that abuse on the pitch was a regular occurrence. (I am not talking about the racial element specific to Terry, just the general culture of abuse).

Of Cole he said only this, "I judge the players on what I see when they train and when they play,” “The social networks are a good vehicle if used appropriately. Players need to realise that tweets can be viewed by anybody, and they have to be responsible.”

He was not trying to divert blame of Cole's actions onto society and I understand if previous posts had led you to believe this.

And I'm sorry if I am being overly hostile.

GorillaJu

What would you have them do? I do agree that they should talk to players to try and curb some of the stupid shit they get themselves into but what else should they be expected to do?
Their job is to pick the best team and not let their footballing decisions be involved by these sort of things.

And there is really no call for saying that Di Matteo had no balls. The part where he talked about society having to change was regarding the prevalence of verbal abuse on the pitch which was brought into light during Terry's trial where it was revealed that abuse on the pitch was a regular occurrence. (I am not talking about the racial element specific to Terry, just the general culture of abuse).

Of Cole he said only this, "I judge the players on what I see when they train and when they play,” “The social networks are a good vehicle if used appropriately. Players need to realise that tweets can be viewed by anybody, and they have to be responsible.”

He was not trying to divert blame of Cole's actions onto society and I understand if previous posts had led you to believe this.

When you come into a new place of work you don't criticize the people who make more money than you. Unless its your job to manage those people and they're putting the whole company at risk with their JTness.

qindarka

Banned
Edit: Never mind, Misread the post.

I don't think Cole is putting the whole company at risk. At worst, he gets a fine and a few match ban. It's not like Cole said something discriminatory, which might reflect badly on the club. This was just an outburst.

GorillaJu

So in the event that Cole's back up left back has a mare for three games while Cole is banned and they lose 9 points that would have got them the title come the end of the season, Cole isn't risking the company?

Di Matteo won't call out Cole as he should because he's not worth as much to the team as Cole and will be the first one in the firing line if there's another mutiny. I would argue that Di Matteo, in his current position, can't do it.

Ask yourself the question: is Ashley Cole playing for Roberto Di Matteo?

Now ask yourself: is Robin Van Persie playing for Alex Ferguson?

Compare your answers and you'll have a good idea why the situation has come up the way it has for Chelsea.

Salazar

I appreciate your position that nominally off-field conduct should be quarantined from football management thinking. I have a different concept of professionalism. JT and Cole are nowhere near it.

dc89

You know, pretending not to care doesn't make you look smarter at all, especially after your numerous posts on this issue have indicated that you do care a lot and take pride in feeling morally superior to professional footballers. You even dragged in the names of two people (Di Matteo and Hodgson) who have nothing at all to do with this affair so you can feel morally superior to them too.

And this new episode was a result of dc misreading Di Matteo's comments and everyone else not bothering to actually find out what he said.

I didn't read the comments, I listened to a snippet of interview on the radio. But my point still stands. No PL manager recently has actually said what everyone else thinks, they've just skirted around the issue.

Suarez T-shirt being worn by Dalglish. Now this on Terry and now Cole. All the wrong things said and done.

qindarka

Banned
So in the event that Cole's back up left back has a mare for three games while Cole is banned and they lose 9 points that would have got them the title come the end of the season, Cole isn't risking the company?

Di Matteo won't call out Cole as he should because he's not worth as much to the team as Cole and will be the first one in the firing line if there's another mutiny. I would argue that Di Matteo, in his current position, can't do it.

Ask yourself the question: is Ashley Cole playing for Roberto Di Matteo?

Now ask yourself: is Robin Van Persie playing for Alex Ferguson?

Compare your answers and you'll have a good idea why the situation has come up the way it has for Chelsea.

What do you think a suitable punishment for Cole would be then? Dropping him would seem counter-intuitive if Chelsea were going to drop so many points if he is banned.

I actually wouldn't be against a fine but I'm not sure how much of a punishment that would be given his financial status.

GorillaJu

I didn't read the comments, I listened to a snippet of interview on the radio. But my point still stands. No PL manager recently has actually said what everyone else thinks, they've just skirted around the issue.

Suarez T-shirt being worn by Dalglish. Now this on Terry and now Cole. All the wrong things said and done.

To be fair you should also call out Mancini for crawling up to Tevez on his golf course in Argentina and sucking on his toes after he fucked off and suffered nearly 0 recourse for just up and deciding to leave his team, and then openly blasting them in the media.

Salazar

No PL manager recently has actually said what everyone else thinks, they've just skirted around the issue.

I think Holloway (not PL, alas) is one of the few I'd expect to actually stick it to a player who had done wrong. Wenger has his moments, too - despite his vaunted occasional blindness.

Disclosure: Redcafé has numpties as unforgivable as those on RAWK, and worse besides.

Imbecilic grumbling in the Cleverley thread about how he passes to feet instead of into space.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alessandro Matri (on his lol goal) “I’ll be honest, I mis-hit that! Still, a scuffed effort is one of my trademarks.”

Not sure if
jJWJc.gif
or
X475F.gif

-

@Zabo The new fighting game looks much better to be honest. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom