• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I am of the belief that when you go to play online in FIFA you are entering into an agreement not to be a DICKHEAD or a Sore loser. 2 people in a row quit on me when I scored in the first 5 mins and FIFA registers it as a no contest. One guy I was playing against as Villareal (see I don't even choose 5* teams Villareal are 3 1/2*) he was Santos up until halftime I was leading 2-1 in a back and forth game. The second half starts and I score and he quits. Why bother playing if you can't take losing or trying to make a comeback. I played as Bayern yesterday and got smashed 6-0 but I didn't quit. Once I player and went 3-0 down and came back to win 4-3 (as Villareal <3 Rossi)

Quitters annoy me.

Meier

He's right though.

It is pretty ridiculous to have a game that early after a late game on Wednesday. Oh well, what can ya do.

McManaman will probably go down as the best englishman to play for madrid, don't get me wrong, becks brought brand recognition and $$$ but McManaman got us trophies, even scored in CL final

I love listening to Macca and Ian Darke. My favorite commentary team by far.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I am of the belief that when you go to play online in FIFA you are entering into an agreement not to be a DICKHEAD or a Sore loser. 2 people in a row quit on me when I scored in the first 5 mins and FIFA registers it as a no contest. One guy I was playing against as Villareal (see I don't even choose 5* teams Villareal are 3 1/2*) he was Santos up until halftime I was leading 2-1 in a back and forth game. The second half starts and I score and he quits. Why bother playing if you can't take losing or trying to make a comeback. I played as Bayern yesterday and got smashed 6-0 but I didn't quit. Once I player and went 3-0 down and came back to win 4-3 (as Villareal <3 Rossi)

Quitters annoy me.

Yeah you almost have to wait to score because of this bullshit. Most fifa players are JT's it is what it is.

lol I saw a car with alabama license plates earlier and they had the Manchester Utd logo on the side window. It was funny because I was in a country part of North Georgia.

Jezabel

So glad the A-league is back! was at the victory vs Heart game last night, 42000 people. such a great way to start the season.

hopefully Del Piero gets some game time today

Mumei

I'm not sure if the article has been mentioned here or not, but while I was at the store just now I was at the magazine aisle and saw that a current (or recent) issue of Sports Illustrated had an article about Barcelona / Messi called "The World's Team". I haven't found it online but it was a very interesting (and effusively complimentary, for any Barca fans) article.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I get like 1 A league game per week on fox soccer channel in the u.s. but looks like they're not showing the sydney game. damn. I get perth glory and brisbane roar sunday morning.

A league is cool though because I'm always awake when the games come on.

Salazar said:
Barca fans have got to read (the late) Robert Hughes' cultural history of the city. Such a fucking startlingly good book.

Thanks for the tip I'll add it to my amazon list.

Jezabel

I get like 1 A league game per week on fox soccer channel in the u.s. but looks like they're not showing the sydney game. damn. I get perth glory and brisbane roar sunday morning.

oh wow i didnt know you guys got some matches. Its definitely improving year by year

Sloosha

Yeah, same. A-League is always good for a bit of early morning entertainment.

They show the odd rugby league game on FSC as well.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Dude, they have the MLS. Compared to that any football would seem impressive.

Shouldn't you be a Montreal Impact fan? Your fans are dirty hooligans. Throwing stuff at Becks on a corner kick my word.

Plus I dont watch MLS. What did you guys do to their fans btw?

THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT makes me think of this:

emoessi.jpg

The rugby looks painful as fuck. I think I like the australian rules football better since their field has that weird shape.

GorillaJu

I always imagined your reading list would contain books about dinosaur cocks or something.

Salazar

Rags linking United with Victor Wanyama again.

Martin Ferguson might well have just been watching Celtic matches because, well, he was born in Glasgow and it's interesting for them to be in the CL.

LegoArmo

Rags linking United with Victor Wanyama again.

Martin Ferguson might well have just been watching Celtic matches because, well, he was born in Glasgow and it's interesting for them to be in the CL.

He's brilliant. Not sure about United quality. Commits a lot of fouls but his all round game is great.

I hope he stays at Celtic until at least the summer.

Shouldn't you be a Montreal Impact fan? Your fans are dirty hooligans. Throwing stuff at Becks on a corner kick my word.

Plus I dont watch MLS. What did you guys do to their fans btw?

Why would I be a Montreal Impact fan? I live in Vancouver. Not that I cheer for the Whitecaps either. MLS just doesn't interest me whatsoever.

rodvik

Really disappointing I have to wait till Sunday to watch Villa demolish Spurs.

I suppose the most even looking Saturday game is West Brom/QPR?

Salazar

I'm really nervous about Newcastle's match tomorrow :(

The unnervingly delighted way in which Ferguson spoke about Giggs being fit means that you should chill.

I expect

-------------Lindegaard
----Raf-- Evans-----Rio--- Evra
Valencia--Carrick--Scholes--Giggs
-------------Shinji
-----------------RVP

Lightning

Banned
The unnervingly delighted way in which Ferguson spoke about Giggs being fit means that you should chill.

I expect

-------------Lindegaard
----Raf-- Evans-----Rio--- Evra
Valencia--Carrick--Scholes--Giggs
-------------Shinji
-----------------RVP
Make space for Rooney?

Sloosha

He hasn't played a single minute, right? haha

Just come back from Injury. This might be a good game to give him some minutes.

I honestly forget he's part of the club sometimes.

EDIT: I lie; he's been available for selection for a couple of weeks. Just now back to full fitness apparently.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
All the games except the Arsenal game are too early for my liking. Good thing I'm such a huge Arsenal fan isn't Andres?

Yes, Gooner. Man, this Hitcher dude is a posting juggernaut! I was up like 20 last night and the dude just lit it up.

But I'll be anxiously waiting to see Giroud put on a lolerpool-esque clinic. Im sure youre clamoring for Chamakh at this point.

Lightning

Banned
All the games except the Arsenal game are too early for my liking. Good thing I'm such a huge Arsenal fan isn't Andres?
I've read your posts. There's nothing "Arsenal fan" about them. In fact from what I've gathered you don't give a toss about Arsenal, you only care about Arshavin. lol

You can take your shitty player back to Zenit.

I've read your posts. There's nothing "Arsenal fan" about them. In fact from what I've gathered you don't give a toss about Arsenal, you only care about Arshavin. lol

You can take your shitty player back to Zenit.

lol, it's a bit of an inside joke. Andres accuses me of being an Arsenal fan for no reason.

In Wenger we trust!
Am I doing it right?

FootballFan

SYDNEY VS WELLINGTON IN 1 MINUTE!! DEL PIEEERROOO!!

:lol

Don't worry Roberto. It'll all be over soon.

I agree with him tbh.. 2 days and 12 hours after a CL game against a really tough team? At least another day you would expect.

Quitters annoy me.

I am a fifa beast so I know how you feel, my friend wanted me to move him up from the 5th to 4th division, took a while because I kept scoring in the first 5 minutes so the players would quit and I wouldn't get the win. Happened 3 times before I decided to wait past the first 5 minutes to score.

Quitters suck. Another guy quit right at the end, it was 9-0 and he quit when the final whistle went... why even wait that long if you are going to quit.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol, it's a bit of an inside joke. Andres accuses me of being an Arsenal fan for no reason.

In Wenger we trust!
Am I doing it right?

lol I remember when I first came to this place there were loads of Arsenal fans. Now you guys are all but gone.

I'll give Liverpool fans credit because even though theyre awful at times they still stick by their club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom