• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmackem

Has mcclean always had those sleeve tattoos?

They look terrible...

I dont know but hes been rubbing sunderland fans the wrong way for months now, from his disrespectful tweets when he was away with roi to his average as fuck showings on the pitch. Time he was dropped and reminded he hasnt made it yet!.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sunderland's defense is so bad. How did they keep a clean sheet at Arsenal?

If you had an important, must-win match tomorrow, and you had to play one of them, would you have Balotelli or Suarez?

Suarez is likely to miss a load of chances, while Balotelli is likely to be uninvolved and unreliable. Both are capable of doing something stupid and getting sent off

What say you, Gaf?

If you had an important, must-win match tomorrow, and you had to play one of them, would you have Balotelli or Suarez?

Suarez is likely to miss a load of chances, while Balotelli is likely to be uninvolved and unreliable. Both are capable of doing something stupid and getting sent off

What say you, Gaf?
Depends who else I had in my team but maybe Balotelli just because I would back him to finish chances.

Suarez is a better player though. Easily.

What say you, Gaf?
Suarez.

Sunderland's defense is so bad. How did they keep a clean sheet at Arsenal?

Olivier-Giroud-004.jpg

Ushojax

What say you, Gaf?

Balotelli for his penalty taking. Suarez wouldn't even win the pen, never mind score it.

Cattermole was playing. Without him this is how bad we are. But our own fans think he's a "liability".

Cattermole is underrated IMO. There were spells last season where he stopped his usual shit and was just very solid in there. Sunderland have no real presence in midfield without him.

Clegg

Real talk:

RVP is a better striker than Aguero.

I'd say Rooney is better too but he doesn't play exclusively as a striker.

flake

What say you, Gaf?

Suarez. Just so I can watch some nutmegs.

Real talk:

RVP is a better striker than Aguero.

I'd say Rooney is better too but he doesn't play exclusively as a striker.
RVP is the best striker in the world.

I didn't think so 3 months ago but well. I changed my mind :D

In all seriousness, very difficult to split the 3.

Rooney is so much more than just a striker. His play outside of the box can be so amazing.

pappe

What say you, Gaf?

Suarez. Suarez is most likely to get someone from the opposition sent off and if not will earn a penalty.

What say you, Gaf?

Suarez easily, even if he's missing his chances, he's still helping his team a lot more than Balotelli. Suarez's dives are better aswell.

Clegg

What say you, Gaf?

Who's Suarez'/Balotellis partner up front?

If it's a decent striker then I'd play Suarez alongside him as he'd create a load of chances for him.

If it was just one up front then I might be tempted to go with Balotelli. He wouldn't contribute as much as Suarez but is probably a better finisher.

Requeim

I would put Aguero on the same level as Rooney in regards to overall attacking ability, that is both creating and finishing chances etc. (In much better form than Rooney though at the moment imo)

As far as pure goalscoring ability goes, i would easily take RvP and Falcao over both of the above

edit: Suarez+RvP or Suarez+Falcao would probably be pretty good

Kyoufu

It's funny when Aguero plays for City and looks like amazing.

Then he plays for Argentina and looks average next to Messi.

fuenf

:D good point haha

Unfortunately i couldnt play the game last year because i had to write my fucking masters thesis. Listening to the theme was literally the only thing that kept me sane (well, and the Lana Del Rey album tbh, but that is another story).

scently

I would put Aguero on the same level as Rooney in regards to overall attacking ability, that is both creating and finishing chances etc. (In much better form than Rooney though at the moment imo)

As far as pure goalscoring ability goes, i would easily take RvP and Falcao over both of the above

edit: Suarez+RvP or Suarez+Falcao would probably be pretty good

Aguero's overall play is nowhere near Rooney's but I can say that he (Aguero) is possibly a better striker.

Ushojax

Colback has been rancid today. MON is on crack if he'd rather him back there than Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom