• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

He can score. Liverpool's problem isn't him not being able to score - he puts in enough shots that plenty turn into goals. But Suarez's misses look that much worse when the midfield/wingers are scoring 0. Wins become draws, draws become losses and the striker's misses are to blame.

He has room for improvement, but he is "one of the world's best" if we're talking top 10.

I don't agree, but Messi does so :(

I think he's a good winger but would I want him as a striker over Ba/Cisse? Nope.

JdoUM.jpg

I think I saw him down the estates earlier wearing Reebok trainers

Clegg

He can score. Liverpool's problem isn't him not being able to score - he puts in enough shots that plenty turn into goals. But Suarez's misses look that much worse when the midfield/wingers are scoring 0. Wins become draws, draws become losses and the striker's misses are to blame.

He has room for improvement, but he is "one of the world's best" if we're talking top 10.

This might sound arrogant but I don't think those figures for the Eredivisie should be given much weight as it's a weaker league.

I also think a striker should score goals to be considered one of the worlds best. And for the last two seasons he hasn't been scoring enough for Liverpool.

GQman2121

Banned
Yaya and Tevez have been disappointing fantasy wise these last few weeks. Citys schedule for the rest of the month should have them back on top. We're bound to slip up, maybe not today, but perhaps in two weeks vs Spurs.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
6 of Suarez' goals came in two games against Norwich. He's a very good player but to be one of the best in the world you have to put the ball in the net pretty much every week. He doesn't do that.

GorillaJu

This might sound arrogant but I don't think those figures for the Eredivisie should be given much weight as it's a weaker league.

I also think a striker should score goals to be considered one of the worlds best. And for the last two seasons he hasn't been scoring enough for Liverpool.

20 in 50 is a good strike rate. And how about 28 in 54 for Uruguay?

I agree the Ajax goals hold less weight, but surely they should be mentioned if the claim is "he can't score."

Like I said he has plenty of room for improvement. Is he better than Aguero, Rooney, RVP, Falcao, or Messi? No, sadly. But he's in the top 10. He is also Liverpool's most creative player. If the buckets of chances he created for his teammates turned into goals, he'd look so much better.

It's not really arrogant, Eresivision is outside of the top teams mostly embarrassingly weak defensively. Not that I think Suarez is a complete shit striker, just a JT, but looking at the huge list of crazy scoring rates from the dutch leagues top scorers through the time who then goes on to flop in a slightly better league is amazing.

Good win for city. Just got into my seat at Stamford bridge for the game vs Norwich.

Currently two fit birds from Thailand (I think the presenter said Thailand) with Singha Beer signs in the middle of the pitch.

madmackem

We played shit, cant play like that away to city and come away with anything other than that, our season wont be judged on games like this but its a bit of a worry we have not played well all season yet.

Meier

And they just scored. Been running Everton off the pitch thus far. Kone maybe was offside.

Edit: Yep, looked like he was.

Nice goal by Grant Holt, was surprised he hadn't done much this season.

He would still need to not take all tempo out of every counter attack and constantly keep the ball for himself for 30 seconds just to lose it when it's passed to him. Lets just get him away already.

And to think he started to get involved more in the game because he couldn't score for one year. What a way to improve and contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom