• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Eurgh. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, like I wouldn't touch Wonga either. I feel sorry for the people that have to use them.

Same. I think my first credit card at 18 was capital one, but that was just because I had no history and I wanted to build up my credit score. Capital One were basically the only company that would offer me one, and they gave me a substantial limit, too. While I never got into any trouble with them or overspent, they're known for pushing out high interest credit to anyone and everyone. Stay away.

The less said about Wonga and their ilk, the better.

Really don't think there was much de Gea could have done with that cross.

He was backpedalling to make it across his line.

Thought the defender should have done better.

This is the life of a goalkeeper. If you get off to a dodgy start then virtually every single goal you concede will be scrutinised to see if you have any blame whatsoever. Even if you're not at fault, then people will still be breathing down your neck, criticising you for every single minuscule error.

I think Arshavin is one of the best in the league when he plays in the middle. He runs at defenders, has a shot on him, and also a pass. Wenger has wasted him on the wing. If Santi Base Cazorla gets injured, and hes odds on considering what team he plays for, I'd love to see Arshavin there but that would make far too much sense for it to happen

We'll coast against Chelsea too :p

I'm pretty confident of a win this weekend if I'm honest.

LTWheels

The only thing I don't like about how Liverpool plays at the moment is that no one every really gambles at the far post or follows up for rebounds on shots.

Fry

What I learned from this match so far:

-Carragher needs to retire
-Robinson is better than Enrique
-Any winger at the club is better than Downing
-Yesil might be better than Borini

Clegg

Rooney had a good game imo.

Looks quicker than he did at the start of the season.

Looking forward to him linking up with RVP and Kagawa.

jtb

Banned
I think Arshavin is one of the best in the league when he plays in the middle. He runs at defenders, has a shot on him, and also a pass. Wenger has wasted him on the wing. If Santi Base Cazorla gets injured, and hes odds on considering what team he plays for, I'd love to see Arshavin there but that would make far too much sense for it to happen

I'm pretty confident of a win this weekend if I'm honest.

Same with Rosicky. Rosicky was pretty shit on the flanks, but with a run of games in that central 10-ish position we went on that long run of wins in Feb-March. Thankfully our wings seem to have enough depth that we won't have to resort to Arshavin on the wing... (or god forbid, Chamakh.)

Mastadon

Banned

Yes, Yes, No (Joe Cole), and No, not yet.

Feel a bit sorry for Borini, he gets in some very good positions but snatches at his chances a bit. Once he gets one I think he'll be alright.

LTWheels

Have to remember that Yesil is playing central. Borini has played most of his games out wide.

The only criticism I can put on Yesil's game is that he takes a bit to long to shoot. Obviously not use to playing at this level with how much time you will get on the ball.

Fry

Yes, Yes, No (Joe Cole), and No, not yet.

Feel a bit sorry for Borini, he gets in some very good positions but snatches at his chances a bit. Once he gets one I think he'll be alright.

Joe Cole; the forgotten player. :p

I like Borini, but he should be dropped to feel the competition and maybe try to improve a little.

edit: Pacheco with some nice shots today

Arnie

Don't think he'll ever make it in the Liverpool first team but Pacheco's been alright tonight. Another good effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom