• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
fROrq.gif

You protest too much. He was really fucking good.

We've been over this before :D

Roma am fun

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
STEWART DOWNING has blasted back at Brendan Rodgers for questioning his desire to become a Liverpool star.

Kop boss Rodgers challenged Downing to show ‘fight’ and ‘commitment to the cause’ as the Reds continued their lacklustre start to the season.

But angry Downing reckons his remarks should have been made in private.

He said: “I was upset and you’ll have to ask the manager what he meant with that quote. I always try my best.

“Bravery is a lot of things. If you want tackling and running around bustling, that’s not my game. But bravery is also taking the ball when you’re losing and creating things. That’s what I try to do."

bwahahahaha

Yen

What a goal by Roma, that was an amazing assist. I don't watch Serie A, but if Roma normally play like this, I'll have to watch more!

Mumei

Mumei has been absent for a while whats up?

I've been reading off-and-on. I was just posting in other threads a bit more, I guess. I watched Manchester City at Sunderland yesterday. MC pretty consistently puts on good games; they've either been great comebacks or just well-played throughout like this game.

And some of their players are cute. Always a factor.

Arnie

Downing needs to do his talking on the pitch, I've got little sympathy for him. I've tried to defend him, to keep giving him a chance, but he just doesn't produce.

I think the next step is Rodgers chinning him.

Language isn't getting through.

Nothing gets through to him.

Persistence - nothing
On the bench, metaphorical kick up the arse - nothing
Public criticism - nothing

We've tried all 3, and all that's happened is the same old predictable, risk-avoiding performances, and the same old interviews about just needing that one goal, just needing others to convert his assists, just needing something to fall his way. I was sick of it 7 months ago, and he's still coming out with the same old shite about bravery and effort

Suso>>>Downing, and I ain't even being facetious

Arnie

What formation do Roma play? I noticed they had 7 players attacking a few minutes ago.
It's less a formation, and more a general order to attack when they have the ball. At least to my untrained eyes. They're so succeptible if they lose it, it must be frightening for a Roma defender.

Salazar

Eric's swag was magnified, amplified by his time coinciding with some fucking top United kits

Suso>>>Downing, and I ain't even being facetious

Yeah, Suso is the exciting one. Sterling's attitude seems to go sometimes. When you were clearly ahead against Norwich, he basically did what I do in the closing stages at indoor: run around like a dickhead, interested only in myself.

Arnie

Eric's swag was magnified, amplified by his time coinciding with some fucking top United kits
When I gaze back through teary eyes at Sahin's single year at Anfield, at least ill be able to see him eternalised in our beautiful home kit from this season.

Fuck me, Destro lad, finish that. I managed to buy destro for £400k on FM, and I'm starting to see why.

dc89

I've been reading off-and-on. I was just posting in other threads a bit more, I guess. I watched Manchester City at Sunderland yesterday. MC pretty consistently puts on good games; they've either been great comebacks or just well-played throughout like this game.

And some of their players are cute. Always a factor.

Who's cute? Aguero and Silva?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom