• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Uniteds best performance of the season. We looked pretty comfortable even when Newcastle had plenty of possession. There was only that one chance when I'd thought they'd scored but De Gea pulled out a top class save to deny them

Kyoufu

tbh it doesn't matter if you mean it or not. A goal is a goal. And that was a great one.

However Manure are ballbags. I would prefer John Terry lifting the PL trophy instead of those tablecloth scum.

GorillaJu

You know why? Fergie has lost it with Kagawa just no idea atall where to play him.

You have to be joking.

Even the suddenly-United-fans in Japan who jerk their shit all over the pub whenever Shinji has the ball and yell SHOOTO!!!! SHOOTO!!! don't think that United is going to build a team around one new acquisition in the summer.

As I said earlier, it's a good sign that even though Ferguson wasn't playing a formation today that suited Shinji, he still included him in the squad as it shows he trusts him and wants to involve him in his plans, even on days where it isn't a fit for his abilities.

And it's not like he's been absolutely stellar. He's had some good moments but also been caught out in possession and was responsible for at least 2 or 3 goals against United so far this season.

Yay!

Well. It wasn't a GREAT performance but I'm happy to say it was good. We had a great start and were much better in midfield today, moving the ball very nicely. Rooney in there was really good. Cleverley good too. Defending was a bit better too, still so damn weak on crosses.

Pro's - Evra and Rafael looked solid mostly. Rooney. Cleverley did well.
Con's - De Gea needs to sort it out, Kagawa needs to start doing better even if out of position, Welbeck...just...keep it simple.

But a 3-0 win at Newcastle is great. Good way to go into the international break.

KYOUFU, TAKE IT!

Clegg

Btw Rooney bossed the game. Helped out in attack and defence and linked up well in midfield.

Excellent performance.

Soi-Fong

Just hard to believe that Di Mateo has been able to get more out of Oscar, Mata and Hazard than Ferguson has with Kagawa, Rooney and RVP.

Ferguson's insistence on always having wingers will be a detriment to those 3 playing well together.

Kyoufu

Yay!

Well. It wasn't a GREAT performance but I'm happy to say it was good. We had a great start and were much better in midfield today, moving the ball very nicely. Rooney in there was really good. Cleverley good too. Defending was a bit better too, still so damn weak on crosses.

Pro's - Evra and Rafael looked solid mostly. Rooney. Cleverley did well.
Con's - De Gea needs to sort it out, Kagawa needs to start doing better even if out of position, Welbeck...just...keep it simple.

But a 3-0 win at Newcastle is great. Good way to go into the international break.

KYOUFU, TAKE IT!

My ass is sore. :(

However, I have Borderlands 2 so the day is not THAT bad.

Tc91

Don't understand why people laugh at Fergie for playing Rooney so deep.

If he is gonna be Scholes successor and that's a big if then so be it if he plays like he did today, his passing is up there with the best.

Clev didn't mean it. I just don't think he'd try something like that tbh.

But who knows.

He played well today though. His passing was neat and he worked hard. It was a good show from him.

Blablurn

Honestly, after the shit result from the F1 race with Alonso all but losing the championship, I don't really care if Madrid win today. It's put a downer on my day.

4,w=591,c=0.bild.jpeg

dont hate me !!

Yen

If he is gonna be Scholes successor and that's a big if then so be it if he plays like he did today, his passing is up there with the best.

hahahahahahahahahah

dc89

@BBCSport said:
Robin van Persie may be in hot water with FA after he appeared to elbow Cabaye off the ball. Difficult to tell if intentional from replays.

Did anyone see this?

BAN HIM

Just hard to believe that Di Mateo has been able to get more out of Oscar, Mata and Hazard than Ferguson has with Kagawa, Rooney and RVP.

Ferguson's insistence on always having wingers will be a detriment to those 3 playing well together.
Maybe Di Matteo just happens to be a good manager.

Soi-Fong

Rooney was beastly in midfield. Think that's his natural position now. It has to be. His passing while not as solid as Scholes is still up there and he can put in a good defensive duty as well.

If Rooney does get into midfield, then that leaves Kagawa up top in CAM with RVP leading the attack.

There can be a lot f interchanging as well.

Chill out.

This was the first time they've ever played together.

You can't blame Frogson for Kagawa's show today. Okay he was out of position but he was miss-controlling easy balls and his passing wasn't crisp at all. He'll get there, it doesn't help when he is out of position but that's just the way we play. The team is NEVER going to be built around him, it's not even built around Rooney.

Get our good players on long contracts, get a striker in January, get rid of the dead wood, look to next season league-wise. Stick with Rodgers unless we make a complete mess of it. Disappointing to give up on the top 5 so early, but that's the situation we're in.

Soi-Fong

Chill out.

This was the first time they've ever played together.

You can't blame Frogson for Kagawa's show today. Okay he was out of position but he was miss-controlling easy balls and his passing wasn't crisp at all. He'll get there, it doesn't help when he is out of position but that's just the way we play. The team is NEVER going to be built around him, it's not even built around Rooney.

This is true. I forgot this is actually the first time, they've played together from the start.

Kagawa in all honesty did disappoint me today though. No idea why he didn't make the run with Welbeck going into the box in the 1st half and there were some bad touches as well.

I have a feeling he'll never be able to get much out of Kagawa unless we play with no wingers which isn't likely to happen.

I just want a front four of Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck and RVP with a back three of Anderson, Cleverly and Carrick with the usual 4 and De Gea and I have a feeling that will be our best formation.

Now's the time to try since our wingers haven't been able to do much as well.

12 players would surely be the best formation!
Drop Welbeck to the bench and I'd agree though, that is what I want to see.

Carrick controlled the game today (or at least the second half), I thought he did particularly well defensively. Just a good midfield performance.

Igo

I have a feeling he'll never be able to get much out of Kagawa unless we play with no wingers which isn't likely to happen.

I just want a front four of Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck and RVP with a back three of Anderson, Cleverly and Carrick with the usual 4 and De Gea and I have a feeling that will be our best formation.

Now's the time to try since our wingers haven't been able to do much as well.
Don't see the 4-3-4 played very often.

You're right about playing without wingers. I absolutely hate when the ball gets booted out to Valencia or Nani because they're all out of ideas. Right now everyone turns to stone at the 18yd line and it all breaks down.

I really hope Fergie sticks with some variation of the 4-3-3 these players can eventually build some chemistry

Soi-Fong

Don't see the 4-3-4 played very often.

You're right about playing without wingers. I absolutely hate when the ball gets booted out to Valencia or Nani because they're all out of ideas. Right now everyong turns to stone at the 18yd line and it all breaks down. I reall hope Fergie sticks with some variation of the 4-3-3 these players can eventually build some chemistry

Well, the experimenting will continue. Kagawa and RVP still have to be gelled into this side. Even RVP today was sorta average.

Tc91

Rooney was beastly in midfield. Think that's his natural position now. It has to be. His passing while not as solid as Scholes is still up there and he can put in a good defensive duty as well.

Yep I think so too. The shift he puts in is something else and his defensive work is amazing.

It is a shame though cause he's a world class striker.

Soi-Fong

The best thing about the Newcastle game is that our midfield didn't get monstered like they were last season.

I think half of it was that Carrick wasn't bad today and actually put in a few good tackles.

I still want to see a midfield three though.

The best thing about the Newcastle game is that our midfield didn't get monstered like they were last season.
Yep. We did very well in there. Rooney helped out a lot and Cleverley had a strong game I thought. Very good to see...though I feel like Newcastle weren't quite at it.

It was just good to see some smooth passing in there especially *AVB VOICE* in our transition from defence to attack.

I fucking detest Man U.

Out played us today though, I'm tired of awful first half performances. They've cost us so many points this season, what ever Pardew says at half-time he needs to say it before the fucking game starts. It could be a slippery slope from here out.

Bo-Locks

That's how Fergie does things. Lots of rotation and he plays players out of position when he thinks that it's for the benefit of the team. Van Persie already has seven goals, and Rooney - despite suffering with his fitness and a nasty injury a few weeks ago - is now coming into form. Kagawa has started the season better than most people thought he would, and this is the first time they all played together, and we won 0-3 without any of them scoring. There will be lots of rotation, players will be played out of position, but Fergie seems to trust Kagawa and just said that he likes the look of this diamond system. That's just the way it is. The team is bigger than any one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom