• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Is it just me or are the pitches in Spain bigger than in England?

Not sure, but I remember after all the talk during the Chelsea-Barcelona tie last season, it turned out the Camp Nou pitch is the same size as the one at Stamford Bridge. That's probably UEFA regulations though, dunno about clubs that aren't competing in Europe.

Stimpy

I can almost understand the Bale dive, I reckon he thought he was about to get smashed by the keeper, I think G.Neville went over those kind of dives in the diving segment he did and why it makes it so hard to hand out bans for diving after the fact.

Oxx

Just in time for Wilburys return.

tumblr_m6lojd7k8E1rstq71o1_400.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Might have to do with cameras being closer to the pitch in England. La Liga ones seem to be as far away from the pitch as possible lol.

Yeah I was discussing this with a buddy yesterday while watching the Arsenal match. I love how the view looks while watching the epl. Makes even shitty matches look intense.

God dammit Porto hold on to the ball! Good thing Sporting is shit

Glorious international break is almost upon us. I urge footy gaffers to resist the urge to go post in Off Topic out of boredom. We don't need anybody getting banned.

Scum

Glorious international break is almost upon us. I urge footy gaffers to resist the urge to go post in Off Topic out of boredom. We don't need anybody getting banned.

Listen to him! Pay heed to his ramblings or forever be damned! Or banned.

FootballFan

Man I wish Barca scored that goal when Montoya hit the bar.

Just keep watching that sequence of play. Magic.

It was beautiful. No greed, just trying to find the best option and it nearly worked. Would have been a great winner for Montoya after a very solid performance.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Yeah I hope you guys beat Portugal. Maybe Dzagoev can put one of those dirty kicks on Ronaldo lol

--dammit who was that idiot just now on Porto. Jackson was making an awesome run just hit LB and Y dude!

FootballFan

NOOOOOOooooooooooo Atletico scored :( Own goal.

Challenge accepted, Barca and Torino GAF.

I don't hate Juve or anything, I actually like Juve. I just like Napoli more lol.

And from what I am seeing, the only reason Juve fans seem to not like Napoli now is because they are realistically their only challenge in Italy now. + They killed Juve's undefeated season and became the champions of Italy:)P) in the Coppa Italia.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Our last games with Napoli:
4-2 Juve
3-0 Juve
3-3 Away
2-0 Napoli.

Challenge accepted, Barca and Torino GAF.

http://i.minus.com/inMpMizryZJWP.gif[img]

(Credit to Felipe Melo <3)[/QUOTE]

lol I love that gif. Is Sporting the Stoke of Portugal or something? Jesus get my baby out of there they're going to kill James.

--lol Metalmurphy called it. Red to lol his name is Marcus [B]Rojo[/B]? haha

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Allegri opened his post match interview with "Seeing as I never speak of referees"

WHAT?
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif
dMWqD.gif

And from what I am seeing, the only reason Juve fans seem to not like Napoli now is because they are realistically their only challenge in Italy now. + They killed Juve's undefeated season and became the champions of Italy:)P) in the Coppa Italia.

Naaah, there's more to the hate than this season and last. The rivalry goes way way back. (Maradona's Napoli vs Platini's Juve)

Meh, Arsenal were still invincibles after losing in all competitions as well, it's all about the league! ;)

FootballFan

In case you missed my post Yurt!

I don't hate Juve or anything, I actually like Juve. I just like Napoli more lol.

edit
Damn disappointed Malaga lost :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
NOOOOOOooooooooooo Atletico scored :( Own goal.

same. only thing I don't like about Juve is the copious amount of chilean on that team. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom