• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Naaah, there's more to the hate than this season and last. The rivalry goes way way back. (Maradona's Napoli vs Platini's Juve)

Meh, Arsenal were still invincibles after losing in all competitions as well, it's all about the league! ;)

I did miss the edit :lol

True, I did forget about that part of their history.

Yeah Arsenal were still the invincibles, but Juve could have been undefeated in all competitions if it wasn't for Napoli, which would have been even more amazing.

Scum

Yep. Man, Real Madrid is going to run away with Europa league next year

ohyou.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Atsu is fucking ridiculous. What a beast that kid is. Tito please!

--Good win for Porto. Need to see the pk I was in the mens room

Bo-Locks

The thing about the Catalan flag got me thinking earlier on. If Catalonia get independence, what would the ramifications on football in Spain be? Is there a precedence for such a breakaway in FIFA or UEFA?

The thing about the Catalan flag got me thinking earlier on. If Catalonia get independence, what would the ramifications on football in Spain be? Is there a precedence for such a breakaway in FIFA or UEFA?
I posted about this a few weeks ago too.

FIFA rules would mean Barca would need a special dispensation to allow them to play in the Spanish Liga. Of course alot of players would move over to play for the Catalan national side also.

It will probably not happen...but if it did, it would not be good for Spanish football.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Catalonia wouldn't be dominant at all. I mean they would be decent but you still have Valdes and you lose Iniesta, Villa, Messi, and I don't know who else.

It would really hurt the Spanish national team though. Like Sneaky said it wont happen tho.

Probably stupid politicians trying to get some cred.

No more football today :(

mlols

Zabojnik

forza inter and all that jazz

Sorry Juve-GAF, go Napoli !

matrixnotlikethis.gif

Can't wait for Juve - Napoli. Is gonna be tough. Napoli will play the only way the know how to, by butchering our players (and protest at every yellow card received) and waiting for that counter-attack opportunity. Squadra di merda. Fucking international break, I hate it with every fibre in my body. Prandelli better not overuse Pirlo, Marchisio and our defense. Eh, who am I kidding, of course he will. :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I did miss the edit :lol

True, I did forget about that part of their history.

Yeah Arsenal were still the invincibles, but Juve could have been undefeated in all competitions if it wasn't for Napoli, which would have been even more amazing.

Indeed. But after what felt like a lifetime of being complete shit, I doubt anyone cared about the Coppa or meaningless records after winning the league.

elsk

Banned
Go ahead and build a XI for Spain NT without players from Catalunya:

Casillas - Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, ? , ? - Javi Martínez, Xabi Alonso, ? - Adrián, Soldado, ?

Hmmm... my knowledge of La Liga is limited.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
matrixnotlikethis.gif

Fucking international break, I hate it with every fibre in my body. Prandelli better not overuse Pirlo, Marchisio and our defense. Eh, who am I kidding, of course he will. :/

Yeah what I hate about international break is del bosque using Iniesta against shit countries like kazakhstan and shit.

I mean really bro you need iniesta with that fucking team you got?

FootballFan

Casillas - Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, ? , ? - Javi Martínez, Xabi Alonso, ? - Adrián, Soldado, ?

Well for me it would be:

------------------Iker----------------------
Arbeloa - Ramos - J. Martinez - Monreal
-----------------X.Alonso------------------
--------Cazorla-----------Iniesta----------
Pedro-----------Torres------------Muniain.

Of course some would prefer Silva, Mata, Llorente etc in there instead but that would be mine.

edit
Monreal is Spains 2nd leftback after Alba, he is actually pretty good, plays for Malaga. + Javi Martinez played a lot of last season at CB and did really well.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Iniesta and Pedro were not born in Catalonia, so they could come into the team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Last pics before heading to bed I promise.

Chuck Norris is our joint top scorer. Not sure if lol or lol.
23e40b2a3dcd767a1377232934127506-79564-1349616489.jpeg

d139827ce3300733b2c88c6f718dbccd-58649-1349621888.jpeg

matrixnotlikethis.gif

Can't wait for Juve - Napoli. Is gonna be tough. Napoli will play the only way the know how to, by butchering our players (and protest at every yellow card received) and waiting for that counter-attack opportunity. Squadra di merda. Fucking international break, I hate it with every fibre in my body. Prandelli better not overuse Pirlo, Marchisio and our defense. Eh, who am I kidding, of course he will. :/

Eight players called ffs. And what are they doing with Pirlo? Apparently our fitness staff was furious the last time he came back from int. duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom