• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Rodgers' 3 names in an envelope sounds like a brilliant tactic to me. Remembering that a lot of the players are very young and are concerned with getting the play time to make their careers blossom, they'll be desperate to keep on the manager's good side and work hard to make sure they don't let the team down. I think it's very good man management.

3AZ6W.jpg

Dat gap between 7th and 8th

Scum

Rodgers' 3 names in an envelope sounds like a brilliant tactic to me. Remembering that a lot of the players are very young and are concerned with getting the play time to make their careers blossom, they'll be desperate to keep on the manager's good side and work hard to make sure they don't let the team down. I think it's very good man management.

It's just Downing's name written 3 times in those envelopes. The others have nothing to worry about.

Salazar

Rodgers' 3 names in an envelope sounds like a brilliant tactic to me. Remembering that a lot of the players are very young

They're going to take him seriously on one level no matter what, because he's the boss.

But to anyone with a brain who gets put in that situation, that's a pisstake.

GorillaJu

Well RVP is very obv. left footed. And Sneijder to me has always looked very good on his left side. I mean he is right footed but I think he is pretty handy with his left boot too.

And it's pretty obv. Cazorla is right footed too really, though it's true he is very able with his left peg too.

Nedved was ridiculously comfortable off both sides.

We have some tricky fixtures coming up. Though Rafael looks like a good bet if you want somebody for the majority of the season. Inevitable clean sheets. That said Fergie loves to rotate and with Smalling back soon I wonder if Rafael will be on the bench. Hopefully not.

I think I might captain Cazorla. Norwich are rubbish.

Yep. I can effectively run Johnson Baines Rafael and have as good a chance as any of decent returns week by week. I am concerned with Man Utd fixtures but keeping a clean sheet away at SPORTS DIRECT Arena is a good indicator. There have been very few clean sheets at all this season. I'm keen to rely on the pricier defenders

Cazorla is who I have set as captain at the moment. Rafael is very tempting though. I like to captain defenders on easy fixtures.

Kenka

"Most worrying stat for Milan from the 1-0 derby defeat by Inter: crowd of 40155 at San Siro (capacity 80k)"

To be honest, the attendance figures for the whole Serie A are abysmal:

6Zmlv.png

I don't have historical figures but you have read it right. On average, stadiums in Italy are as filled as in China and in Iran and the average attendance is almost comparable to the one in the Championship and the 2nd Bundesliga. The difference with Liga, Bundesliga and The Premier League is staggering. It's not the same world anymore.

The Italians really need to move their asses.

So that "Wonga" story was bullshit apparently.

Thank the fucking lord, there would have been riots on the street if Ashley had been stupid enough to do that.

Edit: RVP getting away with elbows thanks to the FA. Didn't Rooney have a similar incident not so long ago? #BUNCHOFTWATS

To be honest, the attendance figures for the whole Serie A are abysmal:

6Zmlv.png

I don't have historical figures but you have read it right. On average, stadiums in Italy are as filled as in China and in Iran and the average attendance is almost comparable to the one in the Championship and the 2nd Bundesliga. The difference with Liga, Bundesliga and The Premier League is staggering. It's not the same world anymore.

The Italians really need to move their asses.

Would help with some new just half modern stadiums in Italy.

GorillaJu

Edge gave Dishonored a 9.

They were very complimentary about the multiple paths you can take through missions and of the city itself.

Awesome. I was planning to give the Edge one a read after I finish the game. I think their numbers are all over the place, so even though a 9 is certainly a good sign, I don't take it as an end all be all.

To be honest I don't really care if the games a 7 or 10, I think anywhere in the range is the type of game I could love. Below that I'd worry too much about the quality to buy it without trying it first.

I usually read Edge reviews after I've finished the game. They're usually suitable for post-completion because they're more analytic than advisory. I also find them to be too spoiler-heavy, especially when it comes to single player games, which I like to digest on my own.

Long story short, HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

GorillaJu

XCom sounded really great from the Idle Thumbs podcast. I definitely want to give it a spin, but will wait for a deep discount after having spent too much money on my new PC and games.

Clegg

I think I may have to get Dishonored and XCOM on the same day.

It's amazing that two of the best releases this year and being released at the same time.

Wes

venison crêpe
Purchased XCOM using the 25% deal on GreenmanGaming. The demo had me hooked.

I'll wait for Christmas for Dishonoured.

dc89

Howard Webb obviously didn't fancy League 2. And how Huth has got off with that I'll never know.

Inept isn't the word.

PJX

Howard Webb obviously didn't fancy League 2. And how Huth has got off with that I'll never know.

Inept isn't the word.

Did you really expect the corrupted shit organisation known as the FA to really do something to an English player? These are the same idiots who charged Balotelli for doing the same thing Huth did yesterday, but didn't charged Crouch for almost gouging another player's eye out.

If I was Shelvey, I would have spit in his face, I don't think much of the man. That would have been my way of dealing with it.

dc89

Did you really expect the corrupted shit organisation known as the FA to really do something to an English player? These are the same idiots who charged Balotelli for doing the same thing Huth did yesterday, but didn't charged Crouch for almost gouging another player's eye out.

I can't wait for Froggie to retire. I'll seriously throw a party that day, jelly and ice cream and the whole works.

Clegg

I'm still in shock at how well we played. Cabaye and Tiote dominated us last season but they were ineffective yesterday. That opening twenty minute spell was some of the best football I've seen us play in the last twelve months.

It's refreshing to see United control the midfield for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom