• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJX

I can't wait for Froggie to retire. I'll seriously throw a party that day, jelly and ice cream and the whole works.

I'll be right there with you. The guy is a cancer to the game of football. Once he retires and Stoke get relegated, I think I'll enjoy football that much more.

I'll be right there with you. The guy is a cancer to the game of football. Once he retires and Stoke get relegated, I think I'll enjoy football that much more.

jKIDuNJW2XaGj_e.jpg

SAF is one of the GOATs for reaction images.

Kenka

Historically, the average attendance and the UEFA coefficient are right where they belong. The problem is that the gap with the other top leagues has widened. In 2009, Italy's UEFA coefficient was 6 pts ahead of Germany's and 12 behind Spain's. In 2012, it is 16 pts behind Germany and 25 (!) behind Spain's, the number 1.

Next year, Italy will fall behind Portugal and probably France also. Imagine one instant Italy being the 6th league in the continent, just ahead of the Netherlands and Ukraine. They must do something, the stagnation is out of control.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Next year, Italy will fall behind Portugal and probably France also. Imagine one instant Italy being the 6th league in the continent, just ahead of the Netherlands and Ukraine. They must do something, the stagnation is out of control.

gZgoZ.gif

Did you really expect the corrupted shit organisation known as the FA to really do something to an English player? These are the same idiots who charged Balotelli for doing the same thing Huth did yesterday, but didn't charged Crouch for almost gouging another player's eye out.

If I was Shelvey, I would have spit in his face, I don't think much of the man. That would have been my way of dealing with it.
Which English player should have been charged over the weekend?

Calm down before you start rambling.

dc89

1MNCSUN.jpg

James Milner set up 8 goalscoring chances for his team-mates in this match, more than any other player in a game this weekend, and a joint league high for the season with Leighton Baines (v Aston Villa). Sunderland managed a round-low 3 attempts from open play while conceding a round-high 21 (unblocked) shots.

Source: FourFourTwo

JM7. My man.

Did you really expect the corrupted shit organisation known as the FA to really do something to an English player? These are the same idiots who charged Balotelli for doing the same thing Huth did yesterday, but didn't charged Crouch for almost gouging another player's eye out.

If I was Shelvey, I would have spit in his face, I don't think much of the man. That would have been my way of dealing with it.

Weren't you the one that was going on before about bitter tears?

Clegg

Loving the meltdowns.

Fergie is the greatest British manager of all time.

He can do whatever he likes and the FA will do fuck all about it.

Why not? Because Fergie says so.

I was talking in general. No need to go in defense mode there, buddy. Calm down before you get an aneurysm.
So why did you mention it? It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. You just got angry and couldn't contain it.

On the day the FA actually DID charge an English player aswell :lol

And from now on please refer to Sir Alex as the cancer that killed Liverpool - Wilbury.

PJX

So why did you mention it? It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. You just got angry and couldn't contain it.

On the day the FA actually DID charge an English player aswell :lol

And from now on please refer to Sir Alex as the cancer that killed Liverpool - Wilbury.

Because I can? Relax, buddy, no one is after your dad. And I never said anything about Ferguson killing Liverpool, I said football. Paranoid much, homie?

dc89

On my Twitter page it just suggested I should follow Phil Jones. Nahh.. I'll give it a miss.
Does anyone know if he still looks as gormless as he did when he found out City won the title?

Sunderland+v+Manchester+United:+Phil+Jones+and+Sir+Alex+Ferguson

Haven't seen him since...

GorillaJu

I'd love to join in the conspiracy theory stuff but watching the replays, it'd be really hard to come to the conclusion that it was more than likely intentional. I mean I can see both sides, but I'd give RVP the benefit of the doubt in this case.

Zabojnik

Upset with not using his elbows and slapping players during a game, Salvatore Aronica has been accused of threatening a journo.

He came to blows in the locker room and threatened to kill him, lol.

Classic Napoli thuggery, nothing new under the sun.

Fucking Benzema. Falcao will be ours. Mark my words, Andres.

Make it happen, pulga. Falcao to Real, Benzema to Juve, we all win.

Italian politician mocks Heysel victims.

luca-dordolo-foto-choc-heysel.jpg

Looks like a bum to me.

Fiorentina's ultras have been doing it for years with their -39 campaign. Nobody ever says anything, while it's big news when we get fined 15.000 EUR because of the chants against Zeman. Fucking FIGC, ruining italian football one day at a time.

Vidal: "I’ve not thought about trying my luck in England or Spain. I repeat that I’m very happy here and if I had to spend the rest of my career here I’d do so gladly."

Must be because of Marchiso. They do seem a bit gay for each other. Which is totally understandable. I am too.

marchijuvrom.GIF

Those idiots at the F.I.G.C. are ruining the calcio. I wish they would all just go away and be replaced by people with a minimum of dedication to the work.

Yeah, this is Italy dude. We'll have to wait for them to die of natural causes.

dc89

I'd love to join in the conspiracy theory stuff but watching the replays, it'd be really hard to come to the conclusion that it was more than likely intentional. I mean I can see both sides, but I'd give RVP the benefit of the doubt in this case.

But shall I save you a place at the head table for the Fergie Has Retired party?

Stimpy

BBC Website said:
In the cases of Newcastle midfielder Tiote, who appeared to stamp on Tom Cleverley's leg, and Stoke defender Huth, who was involved in a similar incident with Liverpool forward Luis Suarez, both incidents were seen by officials at the time and therefore no further action can be taken.

That's like telling your boss you're shit at your job, they could at least pretend they hadn't realised they where stamps so they don't seem so incompetent.

Clegg

There is no paronoia better than Liverpool paranoia.

Desperation mixed in with a dose of bitterness and grudging admiration.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Must be because of Marchiso. They do seem a bit gay for each other. Which is totally understandable. I am too.

http://www.paolo65.com/imagesxforum/marchijuvrom.GIF[IMG]

Yeah, this is Italy dude.[B] We'll have to wait for them to die of natural causes[/B].[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rZEsA.gif
rZEsA.gif
rZEsA.gif
rZEsA.gif

Also:

e496023b50697c35f2e3e8df166d923a876871149-1346621947-5043d1fb-620x348.jpg

C_3_Media_1550973_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

tumblr_m94ymaEPKI1qd769mo5_500.jpg

439x.jpg

0.jpg

Claudio+Marchisio+Arturo+Vidal+FC+Juventus+BENUAaTTNz8l.jpg

What say you FootyGAF?

GorillaJu

But shall I save you a place at the head table for the Fergie Has Retired party?

I think Ferguson's transfer dealings have been sub-par and the team's quality has been slipping in recent years. I'd be more scared of a savvy new manager than I am of Alex Ferguson over the next 2-3 seasons.

That's like telling your boss you're shit at your job, they could at least pretend they hadn't realised they where stamps so they don't seem so incompetent.
It's amazing that Webb chose to book Tiote for moaning about a foul given against him when Tiote was actually right, he didn't foul Rooney...but took no action when Tiote stood on Cleverley's leg.

As for the Huth/Suarez incident. No idea how he's seen that and not given a red.

Such poor officiating throughout the league now.

dc89

I think Ferguson's transfer dealings have been sub-par and the team's quality has been slipping in recent years. I'd be more scared of a savvy new manager than I am of Alex Ferguson over the next 2-3 seasons.

I simply won't allow myself to be afraid of Mark Hughes or David Moyes (although I do respect Moyes).

Fergie is gonna be around for a while yet. I just don't think he can bring himself to step down.

I wish he stepped down and then took up an
official
role at the FA. That would be awesome.

PJX

It's amazing that Webb chose to book Tiote for moaning about a foul given against him when Tiote was actually right, he didn't foul Rooney...but took no action when Tiote stood on Cleverley's leg.

As for the Huth/Suarez incident. No idea how he's seen that and not given a red.

Such poor officiating throughout the league now.

Now? There has been poor officiating through out the league for years.

Clegg

This is actually an interesting question.

Is Mancini the least respected Premier League winning manager?

Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho and Dalglish are all venerated within the media. But Mancini doesn't seem to be held in such high regard.

This is actually an interesting question.

Is Mancini the least respected Premier League winning manager?

Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho and Dalglish are all venerated within the media. But Mancini doesn't seem to be held in such high regard.
Don't know what it was like when they won their first title but if Mancini goes on to win 3/4 titles - he'll be respected enough.

I can only remember what it was like with Jose and that was different because 1) His team won it so convincingly 2) He's Mourinho.

Clegg

EVILORE JUST SAID WE CAN USE CUNT AGAIN

So with that said, the footies can use cunt again, as a generic British substitute for every word in their language, because the prohibition had good intentions at heart but didn't make much sense in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom