• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Best-selling-shirts-to-2012.jpg

I dunno but, only the top 4 matters. We should remove the 5th club under Adidas and Nike.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal: "I’ve not thought about trying my luck in England or Spain. I repeat that I’m very happy here and if I had to spend the rest of my career here I’d do so gladly."

I say lets only bother with top 3.

Dammit, Serie A needs a representative!

I wouldn't be surprised, he's always had a nasty streak. But someone needed to sort Cabaye out and it wasn't going to be Carrick was it.

:D My thoughts exactly!

Carrick is such a pussy after Cabaye fouled him he was saying something to him and instead of squaring up to him and telling him to piss off he just avoided him altogether.

Edit - Olly @ RedCafe is so awesome :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:D My thoughts exactly!

Carrick is such a pussy after Cabaye fouled him he was saying something to him and instead of squaring up to him and telling him to piss off he just avoided him altogether.

the tottenham gene

qindarka

Banned
So it appears JT does have a good bone in his body. That lady's son who sadly passed away due to cancer used to fund raise for other cancer patients. His work carries on in the form of a charity.

Bah, it's a PR move. He was pretending not to invite media attention while secretly getting media attention by manipulating this person here to break the story. Shows just how cynical and despicable he is.

Good to see you take up a challenging position as head of JT-PR, dc.

Bah, it's a PR move. He was pretending not to invite media attention while secretly getting media attention by manipulating this person here to break the story. Shows just how cynical and despicable he is.
I can believe it.

Used a similarly long-winded and confusing line of defence in the Ferdinand case too.

You got a real job on your hands dc.

So,

Gündogan - out for two weeks
Hummels - doubtful for next week
Bender - doubtful for one or two weeks
Kuba - out for 4 up to 6 weeks :(

Happy about the shit break this week :)

Also, fuck Coldplay for destroying Hannover's pitch that destroyed Kuba :( We need Großkreutz, Perisic or someone else to step up with Kuba out.

qindarka

Banned

I can believe it.

Used a similarly long-winded and confusing line of defence in the Ferdinand case too.

Whether you believe it is entirely your choice but what was so confusing about the defence?

Anyway, seriously speaking, we make JT out to be evil incarnate sometimes. Not saying he is a paragon of virtue but it is really that implausible for him to do something like this.

He's been doing PR work for JT's for a while now.

Such as? I believe he has only done PR work for City.

dc89

I can believe it.

That's why they pay him the big . . .

oh

He's been doing PR work for JT's for a while now.

Whether you believe it is entirely your choice but what was so confusing about the defence?

Anyway, seriously speaking, we make JT out to be evil incarnate sometimes. Not saying he is a paragon of virtue but it is really that implausible for him to do something like this.

My mum and nan had cancer at the same time and both survived it. So anyone who does a bit of charity work or donates to cancer related charities gets a respectful nod from me.

But yeah Head of JT-PR would be a very stressful job, I couldn't do it.

JesusTom

Charity work is charity work, no matter who you are, it's still commendable. There are a lot of footballers who do nothing towards charity.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A4rP82LCQAA0-TC.jpg

Left: Milan's disallowed goal on Juve.
Right: No mention of Milan's (wrongfully) disallowed goal on Inter.

Did you save Montolivo's goal on your cell phone Galliani?

confuziz

Banned
A4rP82LCQAA0-TC.jpg

Left: Milan's disallowed goal on Juve.
Right: No mention of Milan's (wrongfully) disallowed goal on Inter.

Did you save Montolivo's goal on your cell phone Galliani?

Why would you care? The scudetto is already in the pocket lol (so it seems). Napoli can't continue this form. Inter isn't a threat either.

bud

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger finds it difficult to tell which is midfielder Santi Cazorla's stronger foot

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes in-form summer signing Santi Cazorla is bringing the best out of his side.

Cazorla has played a key role in the Gunners' bright start to the season and was influential to their 3-1 victory at West Ham on Saturday evening.

The industrious Spaniard, who arrived from Malaga in August, crowned an impressive display when he cracked in a superb 25-yard left-foot effort to wrap up the 3-1 win with seven minutes left.

Wenger believes Cazorla makes the rest of his side work harder and admits the player is so good it is difficult to tell which is his stronger foot.

"Cazorla makes everybody a better player," said the French boss.

"When you see these kind of players don't play for Spain [regularly], it just goes to show how good they are.

"He is right footed, but when you watch him play you don't know.

"Glenn Hoddle was like that, left-footed, right-footed, you could not say what he was, Cazorla is on that front similar.

"I don't remember anyone else I have worked with who was as much two-footed as that."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...h-is-midfielder-Santi-Cazorla-s-stronger-foot

seriously, it's impossible to tell. you'll occasionally players like sneijder or van persie do pass and/or shoot with their other foot, and you can immediately tell it looks off.

but not with cazorla. :3

GorillaJu

HI.

I think the Liverpool guys will pay off handsomely next gameweek.

At least if RVP gets banned I won't have to worry about him scoring a hat-trick against Stoke!

I hope RVP doesn't get banned - I want to see his and Rooney's points cannibalize each other's and keep them both from rising to the top. I dropped RVP because I feared his scoring ways would die down slightly with Rooney coming back in and while none of my strikers scored, my instinct was at least right in that instance.

I have 4.1 in the bank and I can't think of any improvements besides bringing in Rafael for McAuley. I think I might even captain him, after seeing how utterly toothless Stoke were today, there's a real chance of a 8-10 point game for Rafael with clean sheet + an assist.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...h-is-midfielder-Santi-Cazorla-s-stronger-foot

seriously, it's impossible to tell. you'll occasionally players like sneijder or van persie do pass and/or shoot with their other foot, and you can immediately tell it looks off.

but not with cazorla. :3
Well RVP is very obv. left footed. And Sneijder to me has always looked very good on his left side. I mean he is right footed but I think he is pretty handy with his left boot too.

And it's pretty obv. Cazorla is right footed too really, though it's true he is very able with his left peg too.

Nedved was ridiculously comfortable off both sides.

I hope RVP doesn't get banned - I want to see his and Rooney's points cannibalize each other's and keep them both from rising to the top. I dropped RVP because I feared his scoring ways would die down slightly with Rooney coming back in and while none of my strikers scored, my instinct was at least right in that instance.

I have 4.1 in the bank and I can't think of any improvements besides bringing in Rafael for McAuley. I think I might even captain him, after seeing how utterly toothless Stoke were today, there's a real chance of a 8-10 point game for Rafael with clean sheet + an assist.
We have some tricky fixtures coming up. Though Rafael looks like a good bet if you want somebody for the majority of the season. Inevitable clean sheets. That said Fergie loves to rotate and with Smalling back soon I wonder if Rafael will be on the bench. Hopefully not.

I think I might captain Cazorla. Norwich are rubbish.

Clegg

I've been surprised by Rafaels form tbh.

He was pants at the Olympics but he's been playing well for United this season.

And SAF needs to sort out what he's going to do with Rooney/Kagawa/RVP. For now it looks like Rooney is going to play behind the striker and RVP will play up top. As Odd Morsel has said already, SAF obviously likes Kagawa as he's playing him every game. But he was ineffective against Newcastle from his position on the right. He needs to play behind the striker if we want to get the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom