• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question for Liverpool-GAF.

After listening to B-Rod say he isn't the type of manager who is prepared to lump it into the box, I was thinking...isn't his tactical plan maybe just a little bit too one-dimensional. I mean fair enough, long balls raining down on the opposition box is perhaps not the way to go especially considering what he has at his disposal.

But is it fair to say that Rodgers has, at least for now, got one way of playing and if it isn't working he hasn't demonstrated the willingness to change it up a bit. I noticed in the first half at least that apart from being complete thugs, Stoke were pressing high up on Liverpool when the Liverpool defenders had the ball leading to some mistakes...and then when the ball was in the Stoke half, they just got men behind the ball and watched as Liverpool passed side to side.

It's pretty early days but I was a little bit surprised to hear Rodgers suggest he wasn't willing to change his tactical set up (extrapolating a little bit here I admit).

Clegg

Is Angela Merkel and Germany-Gaf ready for their impending pwning on Friday night?

I laugh at Germany's record of having never been beaten in an away WC qualifier, time's up on that because Trap's boys are bringing home the bacon.

COYBIG YNBTI

I'm not looking forward to being violated by ze Germans.

But we all know thats whats going to happen.

juanpablo

Banned
I'm not looking forward to being violated by ze Germans.

But we all know thats whats going to happen.

With Robbie Brady & Ciaran Clark in the squad, and the return to the team of Keith 'best Irish player of Euro 2012' Andrews, Frau Merkel's boys won't know whats happening.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Taken 2 was unbelievably shit.

I feel robbed and violated. Is this how Milan felt after Muntari's goal?

Hutch

Neo Member
Serious question for Liverpool-GAF.

After listening to B-Rod say he isn't the type of manager who is prepared to lump it into the box, I was thinking...isn't his tactical plan maybe just a little bit too one-dimensional. I mean fair enough, long balls raining down on the opposition box is perhaps not the way to go especially considering what he has at his disposal.

But is it fair to say that Rodgers has, at least for now, got one way of playing and if it isn't working he hasn't demonstrated the willingness to change it up a bit. I noticed in the first half at least that apart from being complete thugs, Stoke were pressing high up on Liverpool when the Liverpool defenders had the ball leading to some mistakes...and then when the ball was in the Stoke half, they just got men behind the ball and watched as Liverpool passed side to side.

It's pretty early days but I was a little bit surprised to hear Rodgers suggest he wasn't willing to change his tactical set up (extrapolating a little bit here I admit).

Yes, I'd say its a bit one dimensional. The style is meant to drag defenders out of position, to wear them down, to frustrate them into committing fouls and to force errors. If none of this happens though, what next? I hear you.

The styles simplicity is both its best strength and worst weakness.

I'd like to see an occasional ball over the top to a full pace Sterling/Borini/Assaidi. Hell, Barca does this with Pedro.

I think once the style is fully ingrained, some players should have the license to mix it up a bit.

Taken 2 was unbelievably shit.

I feel robbed and violated. Is this how Milan felt after Muntari's goal?

Only if you keep ranting about it until the end of the season. And the next time you see a bad movie, say something like "now, you people know that I'm not used to complain about bad movies, but..."

Dibbz

Any PC guys know what the left port is?

Db9vx.jpg

It doesn't connect to the video card right?

#PCnOOb:(

Are you using on board graphics? What are you trying to do?

juanpablo

Banned
Is it arrogance for an Irish man to expect Germany to spank us?

Hopefully no one in attendance at Lansdowne will have this self defeating attitude circa 7.45 Friday night.

On a positive note I hear the Rugby fun boys made a mess of the pitch over the weekend. This can only play into Trap's hands Jack Charlton style.

Are you using on board graphics? What are you trying to do?

Am trying to connect it to my monitor but it says No Signal!

So what I am thinking is the PC is set to the other port in the photo, but I obviously can't set it to the VGA port. :(

I don't know what on-board graphics are lol

Messi

Hopefully no one in attendance at Lansdowne will have this self defeating attitude circa 7.45 Friday night.

On a positive note I hear the Rugby fun boys made a mess of the pitch over the weekend. This can only play into Trap's hands Jack Charlton style.

Not an ireland fan tbh. Dislike how they play and have no interest in being repeatedly kicked in the face for having 'faith'.

I support no national team, fuck internationals.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Rossi and Zeman got into a shouting match at training- DDR thinks Zeman is working them too hard.

Your move, based Marwood89.

Exactly how I felt after having watched RE: Retribution. I felt so angered that I made a thread about it on GAF.
Oh yeah, that too. Wesker was incredibly funny though, the whole thing was like a B movie..with a budget.
Only if you keep ranting about it until the end of the season. And the next time you see a bad movie, say something like "now, you people know that I'm not used to complain about bad movies, but..."

Well played.
AcxqY.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Is Angela Merkel and Germany-Gaf ready for their impending pwning on Friday night?

I laugh at Germany's record of having never been beaten in an away WC qualifier, time's up on that because Trap's boys are bringing home the bacon.

COYBIG YNBTI

This post is amazing. Internationals smack talk YES!!!

Too bad there is no best-guay presence :(

bud

i'm listening to the arctic monkeys again because of the posts in this thread.

"from the ritz to the rubble" gives me a great sense of euphoria starting from 1:45 for some reason.

Clegg

I was at that game and yeah the pitch was in an awful state at the end.

Not really the fault of the players though. The turf was taken up a few weeks ago because Lady Gaga was playing a concert there. The surface hadn't properly settled by the time of the Leinster/Munster game so it cut up very easily.

FuturusX

Thanks guys! So all I have to do is buy a cable that goes into that port and connects to a monitor?

Nope that's not going to work. I'm guessing you want dual monitors - perhaps?

That's a serial port for connecting legacy comms devices [ serial mouse / modems / console terminals ]

USB ports have surpassed them so you don't see them much anymore. It' can't be used for grpahics generally. - http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/seriport.htm

If you want to run two monitors you'll need another graphics card to bypass your onboard integrated graphics card. Most cards will have dual outputs [ HDMI / DVI / VGA ]

What kind of computer do you have [Make / model]?

EDIT: Troubleshooting a graphics card / boot issue not a dual monitor setup - my bad.

juanpablo

Banned
I was at that game and yeah the pitch was in an awful state at the end.

Not really the fault of the players though. The turf was taken up a few weeks ago because Lady Gaga was playing a concert there. The surface hadn't properly settled by the time of the Leinster/Munster game so it cut up very easily.

I have faith in the groundstaff to 'do a job' on it, but tbh I'd much rather a badly cut-up pitch.

Hans and Fritz will be pining for the billiard table smooth bundesliga pitches they're used to once Jon Walters scores with his arse after the ball bobbles up off a lump of cut-up turf and their counter-attacks come to nothing down the boggy, muddy sides. Oh yes.

Nope that's not going to work. I'm guessing you want dual monitors - perhaps?

That's a serial port for connecting legacy comms devices [ serial mouse / modems / console terminals ]

USB ports have surpassed them so you don't see them much anymore. It' can't be used for grpahics generally. - http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/seriport.htm

If you want to run two monitors you'll need another graphics card to bypass your onboard integrated graphics card. Most cards will have dual outputs [ HDMI / DVI / VGA ]

What kind of computer do you have [Make / model]?

EDIT: Troubleshooting a graphics card / boot issue not a dual monitor setup - my bad.

Yeah I'm not connecting it to two monitors, one doesn't even work :lol

Lightning

Banned
I am happy that this international break can give Arteta a much needed break. For his age we ask him to do too much and he goes down a lot in games. I dread the day he goes down but doesnt get back up.

Wish Spain didn't select Cazorla though so he could have a break as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom