• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
In that "Off-Topic's a den of cunts" thread, what is that PC brigade everyone keeps talking about ? :S

Hmm I havn't even read that thread. I just woke up and saw cunt everywhere so of course the first thing I did was call out chileans.

funny because I got Isla for my ultimate team. They got awesome players tbf

Meier

In that "Off-Topic's a den of cunts" thread, what is that PC brigade everyone keeps talking about ? :S
PC as in political correctness. It's a term that refers to people self-censoring themselves to prevent offending others.

There was clearly a group of GAFfers, Devolution in particular, who would disagree with someone's viewpoint (which they deemed offensive or non-PC) and then try and bait them into a bigger argument in hopes of getting them banned. Evil doesn't want people to be afraid of offering their opinions provided they do it civily.

This whole political correctness thing is such an alien concept to me. I'm more in the "I don't give a shit camp, yet try to behave as civil as possible"

This of course has already gone wrong once

On the whole I'm really impressed and pleased with what Evilore has done today. Gaf was rapidly moving in a direction I, and others really didn't like, and one of the problems was I felt I couldn't express why without fear of being jumped on by certain posters.

I think we have his European adventure to thank for this. GO EUROPE!

FootballFan

PC as in political correctness. It's a term that refers to people self-censoring themselves to prevent offending others.

There was clearly a group of GAFfers, Devolution in particular, who would disagree with someone's viewpoint (which they deemed offensive or non-PC) and then try and bait them into a bigger argument in hopes of getting them banned. Evil doesn't want people to be afraid of offering their opinions provided they do it civily.

Ohhhhh I thought it had something to do with PC gamers. :lol

Thanks Meier.

edit
It was always so obvious to tell when people were trying to get others banned/in trouble(Don't really get why you would want someone to get banned...).

AndresON777

shooting blanks
On the whole I'm really impressed and pleased with what Evilore has done today. Gaf was rapidly moving in a direction I, and others really didn't like, and one of the problems was I felt I couldn't express why without fear of being jumped on by certain posters.

I think we have his European adventure to thank for this. GO EUROPE!

Do you guys consider yourselves European?

Anyways yes.

OT6 Return of the Kunt

Do you guys consider yourselves European?

Anyways yes.
DAMN RIGHT I'M EUROPEAN
eu-flag-2.jpg

It all started when JuveGAF called Balotelli by his real name, Cunt.

So if you think about it, it's really all thanks to Juve.

Well, Juve is a European side. Europe started this shit, Europe finished this shit.

Seriously though my respect for Evilore has went through the roof today, it's like that moment at Wimbledon, when Murray cried and everyone fell in love with him. Evilore has cried tears of justice and I will gladly lap them up.

jtb

Banned

yeah. and that whole bragging about getting someone banned really rubbed me the wrong way... Clearly the whole PC thing wasn't just necessarily to promote more discourse, at least not anymore.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
How does it feel to have your flag this close to Chile?

Cunty.

That awkward feeling when a girl bends over (facing you) in front of you to pick something up

=)

Milchmonster said:
I've seen her before, her name is Manuela, right? Must be hard to be the world's ugliest woman, though. I'm sorry for her.

lol
Manuela is the name of my girlfriend

Awesome Animals said:
I fixed that for you. We need a English football reference for the title.

Mumei is our John Terry

K1LLER7

Awesome.

Where did you buy it from.

I used to love wearing a suit. Then I had to wear almost every day in 6th form. It took all the fun out of it.
Debenhams, shit was expensive lol. Needed it for Uni and hopefully some future job interviews :)

Remember when I was younger, I'd see people walking around in suits and always thought it meant they had alot of money lol.

Btw, if you don't mind me asking, What did you have to wear it for? Your course?

Why would you wear a suit every day for 6th form? o_O
Cos we had to :(

It was cool at first. Then it got shit.

Debenhams, shit was expensive lol. Needed it for Uni and hopefully some future job interviews :)

Remember when I was younger, I'd see people walking around in suits and always thought it meant they had alot of money lol.

Btw, if you don't mind me asking, What did you have to wear it for? Your course?
It was our "uniform". I don't know why tbh. I went to a normal crappy comprehensive until GCSE's but I moved to a selective school for 6th form where it was the norm. Suit and tie for 6th formers.

In my old school the uniform actually was relaxed for 6th formers. But for some reason it got more strict at my new school. Don't get it!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Anybody else from Houston? I'm planning to go to the hotel where Mexico's team is staying, but I don't wanna be the only lonely fucker. :(

Didn't wear a suit in 6th form, I look stupid in one anyway :lol have to get the sleeves shortened because one arm is a bit shorter than the other :p

Empty

wearing a suit to sixth form was kinda cool after a lifetime of school uniform but sixteen year old me looked awful in one and yeah it totally ruins the romance when you don't look like don draper but just a scruffy bastard like usual.

kharma45

I've a Debenhams one, good shit.

Why would you wear a suit every day for 6th form? o_O

You could almost call ours a suit I guess. Shirt, tie, blazer.

If Wilbury writes me a script I'll gladly preform it.

On the subject of Mumei, it's a shame, outside of the issues he had with certain words he seemed like a good mod. Not that it really changes for us, he can be a regular poster with us now :D
I get the feeling hat now he's no longer a mod, we wont see much of him.

Could be wrong.

GorillaJu

Sorry to see Mumei won't be our protector anymore. I hope he still feels welcome in this thread, despite c-bombs flying to and fro indiscriminately.

There are a few ways of thinking:

Ex player: shearer or Sherwood

Up and coming: OGS

Experienced: mick McCarthy, Sven

Wild card out there suggestions: schuster, Daum

Personally I have no idea we'll probably just end up appointing Eric Black or Shebby Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom