• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Because he will demand more than the club are willing to give or because they want him gone?

I don't think the club will give him one. He'll be 33/34? Which for a team of our stature will (IMO) be too old to play to the standard we require. The team is changing, they've changed the strikers and midfielders and a change of goalkeeper (Courtios) will happen and lastly will be the defence. Bertrand for Cole, azpili for ivanovic (plus whatever back-ups they get).

If Nathanial Chalobah is as good as I've been told the club thinks he is then it would make sense to get him in the first team and play him instead of Terry. They're probably getting a little tired of dealing with all this hassle and also won't give him an extended contract.

For what it's worth I think based on his footballing talents cole should get a 3 year contract if that's what he wants.

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule
RvP on not facing retrospective action re: 'elbowing' Cabaye. "I agree with the FA's findings. There really wasn't much going on." [nusport]

See. Told you it was nothing.

Frogson thinks Kagawa needs to face the goal more. That's where he's going wrong apparently. Such tactical nous.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You guys are too sensitive about having cunts in your teams. Who cares! If anything, we NEED a few more over here! Lucio and Lich are not enough.

Kenka

Lichtsteiner is not too much of a diving brawler, I'd say. He is hard but he is actually a hard working locomotive rather than a cunt.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lichtsteiner is not too much of a diving brawler, I'd say. He is hard but he is actually a hard working locomotive rather than a cunt.

Oh you don't have to tell me that, he's my favourite player <3

He yells at refs and basically every other living organism around him, but that's why we love him.

An L towards the Roma supporters. <3
Lichtsteiner_flashed_an_L.png

Lightning

Banned
Disappointing how? He's made a right hash of the Bolton job, worse than Kean did at Blackburn in real terms imo
Because Owen Coyle is a likeable guy? Because Bolton were unlucky to get relegated last season? I'm not sure what's going on this season other than the table standings but last season he was incredibly unlucky.

I'm talking about him as a person, not a manager. From that I'm disappointed as I liked him.

Because Owen Coyle is a likeable guy? Because Bolton were unlucky to get relegated last season? I'm not sure what's going on this season other than the table standings but last season he was incredibly unlucky.

I'm talking about him as a person, not a manager. From that I'm disappointed as I liked him.

Fair enough. Personally, I think that his personality shielded him from a lot of deserved criticism

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I agree that Bolton were really unlucky to go down. Their two best midfielders, Holden and Lee, missed the entire season and then there was the Muamba ordeal as well. Coyle has to accept the blame for not sorting out their defence but I still don't understand how they went down and QPR stayed up.

This needs to be said again.

Fuck off Bale.

Yeah, it was pathetic. I get that he wants to avoid getting clattered but still, it was awful. There was another amusing dive at the weekend as well:

yayatoure.gif

Football poems/monologues are the shittest thing about the sport. Blight on every football documentary

Suarez's daughter is adorable. As is Lucas' son

Anyone got a gif of that player whose team was relegated and his daughter runs on to console him?

I want the muppets who lied in court in order to babyishly dodge responsibility for themselves to be punished for it.

If it was all a simple heat of the moment mistake, then JT should have owned up to it as such. He put together a hall-of-fame embarrassment of a defence, compounded the inherent humiliation of that defence by roping in a team-mate to help him make it.

Your defence of JT differs from his defence of himself.

If anybody dragged this out, it's that coward and his pals.

Enough, though. We're all repeating ourselves.
If John Terry had of been absolved of this whole thing -- found to have only "repeated what Anton accused him of" and not made a racial slur -- you and and many others would still be calling him a racist.

If John Terry was found to have said it (which he was) but only as a mistake in the heat of the moment. You and many others would still be calling him a racist.

If John Terry had of come out and admitted to saying what he did, but only as a mistake in the heat of the moment. You and many others would still be calling him a racist.

If John Terry was found to have called Anton what he did, and really meant it because he's the sort of guy who holds regular cross burnings at his house. You and many other people would definitely be calling him a racist.

So let's not pretend for a moment you're really interested in the truth here.

The fact is, no matter what he done, his name was already dragged through the mud. As such, I can understand exactly why somebody in his position would "lie". Knowing rightly that no matter what he said, people have already made up their minds. To be labeled something off the back of a mistake, particularly labeled something like racist, is very harsh indeed.

So lets say he did lie. If he doesn't, he's probably wrongly labeled a racist. If he does, and get's away with it, well he's still labeled a racist by just about everybody, but at least the court acknowledges that he's genuinely not.

The same goes for Ashley, a black man who has watched this team mate be nothing but absolutely normal around many other black men and other ethnic groups. Somebody who knows that this man isn't a genuine racist, but knows that his story probably want hold up. I get why he would embellish it to save this person from an unfair stigma.

Personally, if that's what happens. I get that. (Not that it matters)

At the end of the day. You were one of many hoping this would all end in JT being labeled a bigot of Hitler's foot soldiers proportions. But it didn't, so now you want the next best thing, for him and Ashley to be penalized for "lying in court" which can't be proved at any rate.

You've admitted to not liking him for not liking him sake. So let's not pretend you're looking at this even remotely objectivity.

Edit: I'm out.

Facism

not sure which is creepier, Messi's obsession with a woman who knows nothing about him, or Salazar's 300gb of kpop/jpop gifs.

Don't get me wrong, i like creeps like you guys <3

Messi

not sure which is creepier, Messi's obsession with a woman who knows nothing about him, or Salazar's 300gb of kpop/jpop gifs.

I have many gifs if that helps.

Btw, I just happen to think she is beautiful nothing wrong with that.

If John Terry had of been absolved of this whole thing -- found to have only "repeated what Anton accused him of" and not made a racial slur -- you and and many others would still be calling him a racist.

If John Terry was found to have said it (which he was) but only as a mistake in the heat of the moment. You and many others would still be calling him a racist.

If John Terry had of come out and admitted to saying what he did, but only as a mistake in the heat of the moment. You and many others would still be calling him a racist.

If John Terry was found to have called Anton what he did, and really meant it because he's the sort of guy who holds regular cross burnings at his house. You and many other people would definitely be calling him a racist.

The fact is, no matter what he done, his name was already dragged through the mud. As such, I can understand exactly why somebody in his position would "lie". Knowing rightly that no matter what he said, people have already made up their minds. To be labeled something off the back of a mistake, particularly labeled something like racist, is very harsh indeed.

So lets say he did lie. If he doesn't, he's probably wrongly labeled a racist. If he does, and get's away with it, well he's still labeled a racist by just about everybody, but at least the court acknowledges that he's genuinely not.

The same goes for Ashley, a black man who has watched this team mate be nothing but absolutely normal around many other black men and other ethnic groups. Somebody who knows that this man isn't a genuine racist, but knows that his story probably want hold up. I get why he would embellish it to save this person from an unfair stigma.

At the end of the day. You were one of many hoping this would all end in JT being labeled a bigot of Hitler's foot soldiers proportions. But it didn't, so now you want the next best thing, for him and Ashley to be penalized for "lying in court" which can't be proved at any rate.

You've admitted to not liking him for not liking him sake. So let's not pretend you're looking at this even remotely objectivity.

This is absolute bollocks.

It's not harsh to call somebody a racist if they just called someone a "fucking black cunt". I don't get this whole oh he made a mistake once in his life stuff. If he has called someone a "fucking black cunt" that's an absolutely massive mistake to make. A huge mistake. I can't even begin to imagine how angry you have to be to say something like that and not mean it. You just do not say that type of thing.

Terry might not be a racist, but it is not at all harsh for people to think he is. Because that isn't a normal mistake to make. It's absolutely disgraceful and horrid and I would feel alot easier about giving him the benefit of the doubt if he just came out and said he made a mistake and apologized in the first place.

Yen

Yeah, I can't believe we take the hand out of Messi but Sala gets off scot-free.

This is absolute bollocks.

It's not harsh to call somebody a racist if they just called someone a "fucking black cunt". I don't get this whole oh he made a mistake once in his life stuff. If he has called someone a "fucking black cunt" that's an absolutely massive mistake to make. A huge mistake. I can't even begin to imagine how angry you have to be to say something like that and not mean it. You just do not say that type of thing.

Terry might not be a racist, but it is not at all harsh for people to think he is. Because that isn't a normal mistake to make. It's absolutely disgraceful and horrid and I would feel alot easier about giving him the benefit of the doubt if he just came out and said he made a mistake and apologized in the first place.
So it's not harsh to judge a persons character on the utterance of three words that he may never have said before or say again?

Of course it is. I understand the emotions people will have attached to such a comment. But is everybody who ever said "faggot" a rampant homophobe?

To put so much meaning on a heated comment is ridiculous.

There's not one single person in this thread who has never made a mistake similar to this. Whether it be racism or something else.

If everybody was judged on snippets of speech there's not one of us who would look good. Not one.

Messi

Also I could have cheesed out and used an Olivia gif here :p

Ushojax

There's not one single person in this thread who has never made a mistake similar to this. Whether it be racism or something else.

I've never snapped at someone in a professional environment and called them a fucking black cunt, a fucking gay cunt, or any other kind of fucking cunt. Maybe that's just me.

The thing about diving is you cant always determine the intent. Bale clearly falls over, but was it an attempt to con the ref or was it a reflex after seeing the leg coming his way?

It's a bit of both. Still cringeworthy.

Yen

I've never snapped at someone in a professional environment and called them a fucking black cunt, a fucking gay cunt, or any other kind of fucking cunt. Maybe that's just me.

Kyle says those as part of his daily vernacular but luckily for him, no one can understand what he's saying.

Lightning

Banned

There is too much bullshit in this.

Even in the heat of the moment when something goes wrong and the first thing you think of is attacking ones colour that shows racist intent. That is very clear and the problem with Terry is he did exactly that. He may not be a racist, per se, but he definitely has racist traits as its not below him to insult ones colour without remorse when things heat up. Professionals should be above this and this does not look good on Chelsea or John Terry.

It may have been heat of the moment but that does excuse ones actions for other crimes and it does not excuse him for this one.

It's a bit of both. Still cringeworthy.
Well as long as the situation wasn't professional then don't worry about it...

Am I to understand then, that you've never in your personal life said anything close to "fucking gay cunt" for example?

Ushojax

Well as long as the situation wasn't professional then don't worry about it...

Am I to understand then, that you've never in your personal life said anything close to "fucking gay cunt" for example?

No because I:

1. have manners
2. am not a homophobe

The football pitch is the workplace of the 22 players out there. The same standards that apply to any other place of work should apply and if say, an office worker used Terry's language to another person at work, he would be fired.

No because I:

1. have manners
2. am not a homophobe
I don't mean specifically that, I mean comments of that ilk.

NeoGAF. Moral giants who have never offended or made mistakes in their lives. People beyond human error.

If only GAFers were footballers. The FA would never be charging players for bringing the game in to disrepute.

I've snapped at work, felt like shit after it. Manned up and apologised.
Which was the right thing to do. But at least you acknowledge the possibility that it could happen.

So it's not harsh to judge a persons character on the utterance of three words that he may never have said before or say again?

Of course it is. I understand the emotions people will have attached to such a comment. But is everybody who ever said "faggot" a rampant homophobe?

To put so much meaning on a heated comment is ridiculous.

If everybody was judged on snippets of speech there's not one of us who would look good. Not one.
Firstly - No, I have never made a racist or homophobic comment to anybody who 1) was not my friend 2) without making it very obv. it's a joke of some sort.

And no, it isn't harsh. It's a natural reaction. When somebody calls somebody a "fucking black cunt" and they aren't joking, you begin to wonder just what would compel somebody to say such a thing. I've been racially abused by random people who I don't know, and yeah when I look back I think those people are probably racist at least at some level - even though that might be the only racist thing they've said in their lives.

If you make a mistake you own up to it. If he called Ferdinand "fucking black cunt" by mistake - he can't just expect people to say "well that's okay". You mess up you take the heat. It's not understandable for him to say, well hey people gonna hate me anyway so let me just lie about it.

When you make mistakes and admit to them, own up, apologize - that's when you reserve the right to get some sympathy and benefit of the doubt.

Messi

NeoGAF. Moral giants who have never offended or made mistakes in their lives. People beyond human error.

If only GAFers were footballers. The FA would never be charging players for bringing the game in to disrepute.

Which was the right thing to do. But at least you acknowledge the possibility that it could happen.

No doubt, people can push your buttons and just once I got wound up enough to call her a cunt. But to be fair she was being a cunt. Still does not make it right.

Ushojax

Not calling people 'fucking -insert prejudice- cunt' makes me a moral giant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom