• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Salazar, If you could get one player to United who would it be? Realistic options though, not Messi or Ronaldo since they're pipe dreams.

Just 1 player, any player except Messi or Ronaldo.

dc89

Salazar, If you could get one player to United who would it be? Realistic options though, not Messi or Ronaldo since they're pipe dreams.

Don't say DDR to spite me. And don't steal any of mah players.

Salazar

Salazar, If you could get one player to United who would it be?

It's still unrealistic, but if we got Vidal in the next window I would go completely bananas.

Yurt, Zabo, Fade et al would be mad as fuck.

And Andres would gibber provocative shit about Chileans.

meh your current avatar sucks. Wheres buttner?

post some kpop or french girl gifs

oRYgG.gif

dc89

I'm likeing the #BestFootballChants trend on twitter. There's some crackers.

"He's bald, he's red, he sleeps in Fergie's bed. Howard Webb, Howard Webb"

:lol

Salazar

Chairman David Bernstein reveals Ashley Cole has showed "genuine remorse" in apologising for an offensive tweet in which he criticised the Football Association.

:lol

I wonder if he's sorry about being a lying fuckface in court.

Observer editorial was dead right. England and Chelsea should be ashamed to select both him and JT.

Salazar

Racially abused an opponent, lied about it in court and in public, had club officials and a team-mate lie for him.

If Chelsea want to "stand by" conduct like that, the club is badly led and badly advised.

And if the FA don't go for Chelsea's throat over the manipulation of Cole's testimony, then they are a bunch of twats.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Racially abused an opponent, lied about it in court and in public, had club officials and a team-mate lie for him.

If Chelsea want to "stand by" conduct like that, the club is badly led and badly advised.

It's Chelsea. Chelsea. They don't give a shit.

Lightning

Banned
Do Norwich just have a shit manager or is something going wrong at the club? Last season they gave everyone a run for their money but this season so far they look woeful and relegation material.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Do Norwich just have a shit manager or is something going wrong at the club? Last season they gave everyone a run for their money but this season so far they look woeful and relegation material.

Standard case of second season syndrome. They just don't have the players.

From RAWK:

That was his second or third dive in almost 2 years.

lllllllloooooooooooolllllllll

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Prandelli on Pirlo (and generally fucking our players) “Conte and I have spoken and we have come to an excellent solution”

Love you Prandelli <3

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOMELAND EP2 :O

Finally they did something ballsy!

choodi

Banned

Definitely something wrong with the club, Hughton is a good manager.

And if the FA don't go for Chelsea's throat over the manipulation of Cole's testimony, then they are a bunch of twats.

Guess I have no shame. The FA can do whatever they want, I want Chelsea to put on the best team even if they are huge cunts and win matches however they can, I would also want Suarez on my team if I were a liverpool supporter.

3Sixty

Met this girl at the weekend. Been talking to her last few days.

She loves football, supports saints AND loves putting accumulators on.

IS THIS LOVE.

Blablurn

Got my 45€ from bwin today. The whole process went easier than expected.

Started last week. Lost 40 euros till wednesday... Was sick of betting at that point.

Obviously returned to it on saturday lol. Did some crazy all or nothing bets and came out with +45€.

I bought skyrim for pc with that money.

Yaya Toure, Vidal, Schweinsteiger - One of these guys. All round midfielders.

On the diving/violent conduct thing. I wonder if diving is seen as a worse sin because so often divers get away with it. There is no real strong punishment in football for diving. Okay you might get booked...but when was the last time somebody got a second yellow for diving and got sent off. Diving hardly ever costs you. On the other hand players who commit violent conduct are much more often caught out and punished for it with long bans.

Salazar you're beyond boring now.

Think what you want. But both the court and the FA have stated that they don't believe John Terry to be a racist. That's to say that they believe what he said was a one off, heat of the moment occurrence. So basically what you want is for these people to drag this out over a mistake?

But I appreciate you'll find this hard to understand as you've never made mistake in your life, being one of NeoGAF's many moral pillars and all.

Dry up.

choodi

Banned
Guess I have no shame. The FA can do whatever they want, I want Chelsea to put on the best team even if they are huge cunts and win matches however they can, I would also want Suarez on my team if I were a liverpool supporter.

Interesting dilemma this one.

When Joey Barton was playing for us (and playing well) I think I was happy to ignore how much of a gaping cunt he was, just so we could put the points on the board. When he got Gervino sent off, i was pretty embarrassed by his behavior, but was equally happy that we got a good result.

I still think I would rather have him gone than for him to be making me question my like for the players on my team.

Agreed. It's also not affecting the team on the pitch which would be another factor.

I'm getting tired of the situation though, whatever happened, the FA gave him a 4 match ban, if I were Chelsea I'd tell him to suck it up and accept it so we can get back to playing football.

Also means he'll be banned for both the united games so the charade of Rio not shaking his hand will not happen either.

If it makes any of you feel better Terry's contract is up in 2014 and I don't think he's going to get a new one

Blablurn

Bayern should buy falcao. We need a striker who doesnt move like jagger. We need someone flexible and fast. Someone who can keep up with the fast play of ribery and robben.

#FalcaoToFCB

Salazar

So basically what you want is for these people to drag this out over a mistake?

I want the muppets who lied in court in order to babyishly dodge responsibility for themselves to be punished for it.

If it was all a simple heat of the moment mistake, then JT should have owned up to it as such. He put together a hall-of-fame embarrassment of a defence, compounded the inherent humiliation of that defence by roping in a team-mate to help him make it.

Your defence of JT differs from his defence of himself.

If anybody dragged this out, it's that coward and his pals.

Enough, though. We're all repeating ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom