• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
groundhog_day.jpg

Assaidi's English is good

Firstly - No, I have never made a racist or homophobic comment to anybody who 1) was not my friend 2) without making it very obv. it's a joke of some sort.

And no, it isn't harsh. It's a natural reaction. When somebody calls somebody a "fucking black cunt" and they aren't joking, you begin to wonder just what would compel somebody to say such a thing. I've been racially abused by random people who I don't know, and yeah when I look back I think those people are probably racist at least at some level - even though that might be the only racist thing they've said in their lives.

If you make a mistake you own up to it. If he called Ferdinand "fucking black cunt" by mistake - he can't just expect people to say "well that's okay". You mess up you take the heat. It's not understandable for him to say, well hey people gonna hate me anyway so let me just lie about it.

When you make mistakes and admit to them, own up, apologize - that's when you reserve the right to get some sympathy and benefit of the doubt.
Which is fair, but as I said before, we're talking about human being who perhaps, given the circumstances, isn't thinking straight.

And I personally can understand, why in JT's situation, he may feel like owning up to it, would only make things worse. Because like I said earlier, there's very few in here would actually accept such an apology. They'd say it was contrived and he's simply a big racist.

Not calling people 'fucking -insert prejudice- cunt' makes me a moral giant?
No, acting like you've never said a word out of turn does. If you've managed to go your whole life having never offended somebody or said something you shouldn't, fair fucks to you. I just find it very hard to believe.

Anyway, that post wasn't directed at you. I tacked it on to that post because I didn't want to double post.

havent played fifa against anyone from football gaf before :( makes me sad!

i suck at this game, guys! make use of it. USE ME!

I'm ready all day today and most of the day tomorrow. You should really make a pro though and play with our GAF club, it's so much fun and don't worry we all kind of suck. :p

Lightning

Banned
I don't mean specifically that, I mean comments of that ilk.

NeoGAF. Moral giants who have never offended or made mistakes in their lives. People beyond human error.

If only GAFers were footballers. The FA would never be charging players for bringing the game in to disrepute.
No dude. If I went to my job and called someone a "fucking black cunt" that falls under serious misconduct which is instant dismissal. The reason why one does it is irrelevant because its unacceptable either way.

Which is fair, but as I said before, we're talking about human being who perhaps, given the circumstances, isn't thinking straight.

And I personally can understand, why in JT's situation, he may feel like owning up to it, would only make things worse. Because like I said earlier, there's very few in here would actually accept such an apology. They'd say it was contrived and he's simply a big racist.
I do agree with that.

But, and this now is harsh...that's just tough luck.

I can't accept that if somebody makes a racist comment it's okay/understandable/whatever for them to peddle an alibi about it because people might not be willing to accept their apology. That just makes it worse IMO.

Anyway I will now actually stop posting about this
hopefully!

Blablurn

I'm ready all day today and most of the day tomorrow. You should really make a pro though and play with our GAF club, it's so much fun and don't worry we all kind of suck. :p

im always free in the evenings most of the time. i made a pro actually! also registered for the team.. guess i should look into the thread more often :|

im always free in the evenings most of the time. i made a pro actually! also registered for the team.. guess i should look into the thread more often :|

We usually just send out messages on origin for people who are online. We use mumble a lot although not every talks, it's just good to be able to hear the other players in case we have to disconnect or something.

I do agree with that.

But, and this now is harsh...that's just tough luck.

I can't accept that if somebody makes a racist comment it's okay/understandable/whatever for them to peddle an alibi about it because people might not be willing to accept their apology. That just makes it worse IMO.

Anyway I will now actually stop posting about this
hopefully!
I 100% understand where you're coming from. But the problem is, we're dealing with people here. Making up an alibi does make it worse. But on one hand, you have somebody who probably thinks no matter what they do they're fucked, possibly wrongly. So they take what ever irrational path they do. On the other, you have a bunch of people who, regardless of even the most sincere apology, would refuse to accept it because they had an agenda even before this incident.

It makes for a disaster.

Naw. I've had a slash in public in a JT sort of way. I'm on his level for that one.
hur hur...

No dude. If I went to my job and called someone a "fucking black cunt" that falls under serious misconduct which is instant dismissal. The reason why one does it is irrelevant because its unacceptable either way.
Whilst I don't wish to say, well it's okay in one scenario and not in another. Your job is unlikely to comparable.

Fuzzy logic there, but I don't know how else to say it.

We usually just send out messages on origin for people who are online. We use mumble a lot although not every talks, it's just good to be able to hear the other players in case we have to disconnect or something.

I need to get my internet and mic sorted out so I can come play with you guys. Can you see other people's gamefaces on clubs? I was going to try and scan in Karl Pilkington's face.

Lightly toasting that bread and adding a blob of butter wins effortlessly.

I always lightly toast it. You can shove you butter up your arse though :p

@Yenrot, I don;t know how you do things in Andorra, but cucumber's awesome

Ever play a game where you feel like the puzzles are getting int he way of the story and art?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Charlie Adam believes limiting Gareth Bale's impact could be key to Scotland's chances against Wales in Friday's World Cup qualifier.

The two countries meet in Cardiff and Stoke's Adam, who was previously with Liverpool and Blackpool, is used to playing against Tottenham's Bale.

"He's good and he's quick," said 19-times capped Scot Adam.

"If we can stop him it will probably enhance our chances of winning the game."

Try and stop him without breaking his ankle, please.

Yen

I'm going to have last nights Irish stew for lunch, but we always make it with mince meat, not lamb. So is it really Irish stew?

Decided to play UT online for the first time... It's like its on fast forward as long as you have 100 chem. Shits mental.

The whole game is fucking buggy though, I've had a number of connection crashes (where you have to sign out of PSN/Live), multiple straight crashes and a fun bug in my second season where the ball was invisible during the friendlies. Glad that one went away.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Decided to play UT online for the first time... It's like its on fast forward as long as you have 100 chem. Shits mental.

The whole game is fucking buggy though, I've had a number of connection crashes (where you have to sign out of PSN/Live), multiple straight crashes and a fun bug in my second season where the ball was invisible during the friendlies. Glad that one went away.
What's UT again? Unreal? They really ruined it with UT3 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom