• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I remember you trying to palm Krasic off to United.

Shifty Yurt.

I just want him to be happy.
rzeNn.gif

PaulLFC

Good article, but :lol at the reflex swipe at Mr Ferguson.

I do think Stoke have quite a few players who are capable of more decent, sophisticated football. It just makes Pulis more and more culpable. I wouldn't mind if they merely played direct stuff, but almost their whole plan is intimidation, coming in late, coming in unnecessarily hard, fouling without a second thought.
This is what annoys me as well. As you said I'm sure quite a few of their players are actually decent at football rather than just being sent out to kick the opposition around like they are currently.

Pulis' hypocrisy is another thing that annoys me. Diving is undoubtedly something that needs to be eliminated, but his deflection tactics, running to the press emphasising the dive (which was embarrassing, admittedly), while refusing to answer questions on his team's unsporting play (I would call it pub team tactics, but it's an insult to some pub teams) and one of them stamping on opposition players, are starting to get ridiculous.

Diving, according to Pulis, needs to be banned. What about deliberate handball though? Do players need to be banned for that? No, when Stoke benefited from that it was "brilliant" and "a bit of luck for us, I'm delighted".

WONGA ACTUALLY HAS BOUGHT THE NAMING RIGHTS TO THE STADIUM

They're calling it......

"St James' Park"

ALL HAIL THE WONGA. GIVE ME A LOAN BABY. A LOVE LOAN. I'LL RE-PAY WITH INTEREST!

operon

WONGA ACTUALLY HAS BOUGHT THE NAMING RIGHTS TO THE STADIUM

They're calling it......

"St James' Park"

ALL HAIL THE WONGA. GIVE ME A LOAN BABY. A LOVE LOAN. I'LL RE-PAY WITH INTEREST!

You do realise they're lending you the name "St James' Park", they will want it back

...... with interest

dc89

Seriously though, if they did actually offer that amount for Vidic I think United should sell. You'd be able to buy a top class defender or midfielder with that amount of money. You could even afford Kompany
's right leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom