• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Haven't heard from Ravel in a while so here we go:

Birmingham want to ditch bad boy Ravel Morrison.

Blues boss Lee Clark has run out of patience with the former Manchester United starlet, less than three months after signing him on a 12-month loan from West Ham.

Even though Birmingham are struggling just three points above the relegation zone, Clark is refusing to even include the 19-year-old in his squad.

Sources close to the Midlands club claim Morrison’s attitude in training and around the club has been unacceptable and they want to terminate the loan agreement immediately.

Clegg

Dishonored confirmed GOTY.

ibkPZteAepAtiy.png

sohois

Morrison's behaviour is just bizarre; one would think he would at least want to collect a decent chunk of money before imploding and losing whatever chance he had. Now, he may well be getting paid quite well currently, but with the talent that he had he could so easily have coasted through a premiership team. One might argue that this is the problem, he is too confident in his own ability, but the kind of behaviour he has exhibited is in a completely different league.

Still, I guess he is one of many similar cases. Though it must be galling for those young talents whose ability is destroyed by injury to see this young man throw it away for absolutely nothing.

Ravel's behaviour is a symptom of other problems he has.

It's very sad and unfortunate because he is so incredibly gifted.

Fwiw he has denied any problems or falling out on his Twitter.

Arnie

It does look fantastic, ill grab it when it's £20. I'm still waiting for Max Payne 3 to hit £12. No way I'm paying £30 - £40 for a singleplayer experience that doesn't have the words Bioshock, Witcher, or Knights of the old Republic in the title.

dc89

Wonga pay Newcastle £4m PA. If you borrowed £4m of Wonga you'd pay £164m in interest. Don't forget the £5.50 transaction fee either.

sohois

On the subject of young people waiting their talent (yes, this is a terrible segue but I just have to vent), I just finished marking 20 or so of my new students most recent exam.

Sigh.

At best, I can at least say none of the students got 0 marks. And that's pretty much it. A decent proportion didn't even pass 10%. What's more depressing is that the problem is largely out of my control - the students just don't understand English. I can't fix that in the 2 months before they are to take AS level exams.

On the subject of young people waiting their talent (yes, this is a terrible segue but I just have to vent), I just finished marking 20 or so of my new students most recent exam.

Sigh.

At best, I can at least say none of the students got 0 marks. And that's pretty much it. A decent proportion didn't even pass 10%. What's more depressing is that the problem is largely out of my control - the students just don't understand English. I can't fix that in the 2 months before they are to take AS level exams.

What/who/where are you teaching?

I want to live in St George's Park

Sigh.

Remember when I was in school doing my GCSE's we had kids come over from Eastern Europe who barely knew any English joining in our classes. They had no hope of passing any of their exams.

Felt really bad for them as they'd give it their all but they were just too far behind. Thought it was really unfair. I feel like schooling is too rigid and structured.

Salazar

Felt really bad for them as they'd give it their all but they were just too far behind. Thought it was really unfair. I feel like schooling is too rigid and structured.

Mmmm. Makes me livid when my university takes money (and lots of it) from foreign students when their performance in class and assessment makes it goddamn clear that no diligent or appropriate language test was done.

sohois

What/who/where are you teaching?

I want to live in St George's Park

I teach in China. It's an 'international program' for Chinese students, they take A-levels, with me teaching Business Studies & Economics. To be frank, English isn't entirely the issue; my older classes also struggle heavily with the exams & they have much better english. The whole Chinese education system is just so broken it's difficult for them to attempt any subject that requires even the slightest bit of critical thinking.

Salazar said:
Mmmm. Makes me livid when my university takes money (and lots of it) from foreign students when their performance in class and assessment makes it goddamn clear that no diligent or appropriate language test was done.

That's most of the students in my program. Their parents are getting screwed out of about £20'000 per year for this broken program. And it's not that Chinese students couldn't succeed with what we are doing, it's just that the manageress is such an incompetent, sociopathic criminal there is simply no way we can teach them effectively.

GorillaJu

It does look fantastic, ill grab it when it's £20. I'm still waiting for Max Payne 3 to hit £12. No way I'm paying £30 - £40 for a singleplayer experience that doesn't have the words Bioshock, Witcher, or Knights of the old Republic in the title.

From what I've played, it's better than all of those games.

Az

Looking forward to the Bosnia - Greece game on Friday. Wish I was in Euroland to put some money on it...

Yen

Someone fill me in on Homeland S1, I can't remember:
Did Brody's wife find out about him and Carrie?

Arnie

Okay. Fair enough.

(it's still better than those games, all of which I like as well)
Can't wait to try it, but that's lofty, lofty praise. Certain things about the aforementioned games unconnected to the actual grind of playing them were so special to me, that even if Dishonoured is actually a 'better game', I'm not sure I could enjoy it as much.

I've sadly fallen out of love with games in general over the last couple of years. Four years ago I'd be buying dishonoured on day one and dropping many things to play through it.

I'm sure my passion will return one day, it's just a temporary burn out. But I still play Fifa and Halo.

Messi

I hope this cunt thing goes away soon. Kinda getting sick of people using it just because they can.

I will no longer be using it. Who's with me?

I hope this cunt thing goes away soon. Kinda getting sick of people using it just because they can.

I will no longer be using it. Who's with me?

Not me!

You surely must have expected the usage to be wayyyy over typical levels for the first few days. It'll die down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom