• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Meh, I'm convinced Vermaelen was responsible for both goals. He's the one who conceded both free kicks. Wenger should've just gone for Arteta getting the captaincy, imo.
It's put us in a difficult place regarding CD much to my disgust. Mertesacker is undroppable at the moment, regardless of opposition in my opinion.

Yen

Its amazing that game can sell out especially when tickets are priced as they are.

England might have a shit team but the fans are amongst the very best.

INGERLAND INGERLAND INGERLAND NA NA NA NA
FOOTBALL'S COMING OME IS COMING OME IS COMING

You have that, and then those twits known as the "England band" who know nothing but the great escape theme.

that's one badass name, his playstyle definitely looks like Lewa's
Yeah, his passing seems already pretty advanced and it's remarkable how well he fends off defenders at this age.
It's super hard to find a striker like Lewandowski who can hold/shield the ball and play superb passes on top of scoring goals (basically an Ibra type striker, but more agile), so it'd be great if we got someone like that at a talent's discount.
But I'd also like a typical poacher in the squad as well so that we have more variability up front (hopefully Ducksch gets well and can grow into becoming just that).

Kyoufu

What's been everyone's opinion on Gervinho so far this season?

gxLUT.jpg

spidye

Yeah, his passing seems already pretty advanced and it's remarkable how well he fends off defenders at this age.
It's super hard to find a striker like Lewandowski who can hold/shield the ball and play superb passes on top of scoring goals (basically an Ibra type striker, but more agile), so it'd be great if we got someone like that at a talent's discount.
But I'd also like a typical poacher in the squad as well so that we have more variability up front (hopefully Ducksch gets well and can grow into becoming just that).

always wanted to ask. is your main scout from poland?

Yen

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Collina: "A player has the right to fall down if a foul was committed. It is very different if he falls down without any contact."

Therefore:
Suarez = good
Bale = scum

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm buying DishonoUred tomorrow.

I swear if it turns out to be another Sleeping Dog I'm going to shame every single one of you.

Fucking hell international breaks SUCK.

Has England announced their starting lineup? Going to try and spice up the weekend with some betting...

Italy starting with Osvaldo and Balotelli. I wouldn't start Osvaldo, definitely. I'd actually start Gilardino since he's on fire at the moment... and really should have brought Cassano in as well BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE FUCK INTERNATIONAL BREAKSSSSS
Their answer to managing Pirlo better is apparently starting Pirlo. I'm cheering for the Danes if Pirlo is going to start against them.

jtb

Banned
He hasn't been shit every match which makes a difference, he was fantastic at the Olympiakos game in particular.

He's not good enough as a striker. I'd be fine if he's played drifting behind an actual striker as an additional goal threat in a quasi 4-4-1-1 type thing, but he's terrible as a lone striker because he does not know how to make runs, he doesn't play off the last defender, he's got a terrible first touch, is a pretty poor finisher, etc. I could go on and on. Giroud > Gervinho, for me. Hell, I'm surprised we haven't seen Podolski feature as a striker at all yet. Keep Gervinho on the wing or as a support role. Maybe even a Gervinho-Theo type patnership could work, I dunno. Either way, Gervinho has yet to convince me.

I'm buying DishonoUr tomorrow.

I swear if it turns out to be another Sleeping Dog I'm going to shame every single one of you.

If you don't like dishonored you got no taste. ;)

But seriously turn off the object markers, the BIG ARROW GO HERE stuff in games has got to stop, so much better when exploring yourself.

Salvadora

He's not good enough as a striker. I'd be fine if he's played drifting behind an actual striker as an additional goal threat in a quasi 4-4-1-1 type thing, but he's terrible as a lone striker because he does not know how to make runs, he doesn't play off the last defender, he's got a terrible first touch, is a pretty poor finisher, etc. I could go on and on. Giroud > Gervinho, for me. Hell, I'm surprised we haven't seen Podolski feature as a striker at all yet. Keep Gervinho on the wing or as a support role. Maybe even a Gervinho-Theo type patnership could work, I dunno. Either way, Gervinho has yet to convince me.
That wasn't an endorsement of Gervinho as our striker, I too think it should be Giroud who's looked fantastic these last few games. Still fucking slower than a slug though.

always wanted to ask. is your main scout from poland?

I don't think so, maybe a German with a Polish heritage? (Sven Mislintat)
It just seems that:
- Poland is being overlooked by most bigger clubs
- We've had continuous Polish influx since like 2005 (Smolarek)
- So naturally the club has a great rep in Poland (there are even dedicated fan shops now)
- There are already Poles here to integrate new players
- A huge amount of Germans here (and generally in Ruhrgebiet) are of Polish descent and there's also a lot of post-cold war Polish immigrants here too

elsk

Banned
I don't think so, maybe a German with a Polish heritage? (Sven Mislintat)
It just seems that:
- Poland is being overlooked by most bigger clubs
- We've had continuous Polish influx since like 2005 (Smolarek)
- So naturally the club has a great rep in Poland (there are even dedicated fan shops now)
- There are already Poles here to integrate new players
- A huge amount of Germans here (and generally in Ruhrgebiet) are of Polish descent and there's also a lot of post-cold war Polish immigrants here too

I'm hoping your scout notices Romell Quioto (Wisla Krakow) and brings him to the Bundesliga :D

I'm hoping your scout notices Romell Quioto (Wisla Krakow) and brings him to the Bundesliga :D
Meh, he's prolly Honduran so I bet he sucks (j/k lol)
Too bad his name is Romell, not Rommel...we'd sign him in a heartbeat (j/k again)

So uhh

Apparently our Muslim players are being encouraged to boycott the Wonga shirt next season?
Why? I missed that discussion, seems like it's a credit company of sorts?

Oh wow, that goal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlVH2N2olgk&t=0m18s

Kiev - Atlético in Cup Winner Final 1986.

They were pretty huge in the Soviet union, but they can't keep up with all the rich clubs. Hope that Blohin dude can turn them around.

/I just realized I didn't post my latest BwEmp gif in here:

capodos8f.gif

Ah, I hate loan sharks as the next guy, but they wouldn't be in business if it wasn't for the stupid people who get those loans - it's not like UK is a third world country where people don't have a choice. I bet you can declare individual bankruptcy and everyone knows about UK's super liberal welfare laws.

In any case it could still be worse like in Bremen:
i08KU.jpg

They're food/meat producer who's known for animal abuse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz00U-yGYtk

faridmon

Ah, I hate loan sharks as the next guy, but they wouldn't be in business if it wasn't for the stupid people who get those loans - it's not like UK is a third world country where people don't have a choice. I you can declare individual bankruptcy and everyone knows about UK's super liberal welfare laws.
wat
anything can happen to anyone in a blink of an eye. You can turn out to need some money from places you could never guessed.

For me, Norway, have change their structure in temrs of scholraships and bursaries and all of the sudden I couldn't pay my tuttion fee. I was really considering borrowing some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom