• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Using your scale for what makes a great fanbase, where does Englands fanbase, with its proclivity for rioting, hooliganism, xenophobia and the like rank?

Rioting and hooliganism is a slightly unfair thing to paint us with these days, surely?

Anyway, not particularly highly would be my answer, as you'd see if you read one of my recent posts in this thread :)

Most willing to go to lengths to attend matches, for certain. Also quick to turn on the team, manager, unrealistic expectations, sense of mildly xenophobic superiority, annoying brass band and rubbish chants

There we go

JesusTom

Real Madrid duo Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe are both hopeful of being fit for Portugal's World Cup qualifier in Russia after returning to training following injuries in Sunday's 2-2 draw with Barcelona. "The match against Barcelona was very tiring," Pepe told reporters. "Cristiano has more chance than me to be fit for Friday's match, but I am going to do everything within my power to recover in time."

Great chance for Russia if they can't get fit in time.

I don't know what to believe any more.

I-want-to-believe-poster.jpg

When I was searching for this image, I saw Meus's avatar there :lol

LegoArmo

How are GAME for preorders? Would really like to get Dishonored on Friday, Saturday at the latest

I used them for years, they usually got the game to me on release, or the day before.

Pre-ordering over £100 of stuff, you get free express delivery, and last time I checked, cancelling everything but the thing you actually want keeps the express delivery active.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not bad.

Does FutbolGAF remember Trifon Ivanov ?

http://i.imgur.com/UHQa5.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Fo shizzle!

He's got that Carlo Ancelotti eyebrow going for him.
[quote="dc89, post: 43047762"]Very interesting. I wonder if we'll go back with out briefcase of cash?[/QUOTE]

He's perfect for Manchester United too. :p

jts

...hate me...
Not bad.

Does FutbolGAF remember Trifon Ivanov ?

UHQa5.png

I remember him as well as most of USA 94 Bulgaria's team.

I was rooting for them because Kostadinov was a brilliant bastard that played for Porto back then, and Portugal didn't have what it takes to get to a final stage of a tournament.

Balakov, Lechkov, Mihailov, and of course, Hristo Stoichkov.

They went so far, along with an equally memorable Swedish team.

Great tournament. My first one. Too bad for the shitty final though.

dc89

And tryin to help turns into a row over text message :lol

I RT'd this morning. And now I'm linking to it "I'm doing it wrong." Plz, I'm the expert here. Well I can't RT something twice.

/rant

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Here's a question, what is the earliest game you can remember any part of as it happened (TV or Live)? Mine is England v Cameroon World Cup 1990.

1990 World Cup:

Germany 1 Colombia 1

Klinsman was a massive cunt hounding Higuita. He had the right idea tho

XCOM demo was good, kinda reminded me of what Mass Effect would be like if it was a strategy game lol.

Will pick it up when it's cheaper maybe, really looking forward to Dishonoured though.

juanpablo

Banned
Still better than ours as they can actually sell out their national stadium.

To be fair to the English, they sell out their stadium as they have a thriving football culture.

Unlike here in 'lil ol' Ireland, where most football 'fans' wouldn't dream of setting foot inside their local teams ground, nevermind going to see the national team.

Any LoI fans here? Clegg, Messi?

Rioting and hooliganism is a slightly unfair thing to paint us with these days, surely?

Wasn' there someone killed in fighting outside Wembley during the England - Wales game last year?

To be fair to the English, they sell out their stadium as they have a thriving football culture.

Unlike here in 'lil ol' Ireland, where most football 'fans' wouldn't dream of setting foot inside their local teams ground, nevermind going to see the national team.

Any LoI fans here? Clegg, Messi?

Wasn' there someone killed in fighting outside Wembley during the England - Wales game last year?

Wasn't that a Swansea fan murdered by a Cardiff fan?

Fucking hell international breaks SUCK.

Has England announced their starting lineup? Going to try and spice up the weekend with some betting...

Italy starting with Osvaldo and Balotelli. I wouldn't start Osvaldo, definitely. I'd actually start Gilardino since he's on fire at the moment... and really should have brought Cassano in as well BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE FUCK INTERNATIONAL BREAKSSSSS

sohois

I just saw Taken 2 at the cinema.

It was... decent, I guess? The pacing was really strange, seemed like they got 'taken' and then within about 5 minutes everyone was dead, whereas I remember the original film having a much longer rescue arc. The action itself was fine, saw a bunch of people in the OT lamenting the direction but it didn't seem too different from the first film. Would I recommend it? It's not a bad choice if you're going to the cinema but if I wouldn't purposely go to the movies just to see this.

One more thing, the final scene is rather silly - the bad guys are dead and the family enjoying a meal (yeah, spoilers, but come on, it's Taken, not like anything else would ever happen). Maggie Grace's boyfriend arrives and she says "He's nice, don't shoot this one Dad," and then they all laugh, like the fact that Liam Neeson is a mass murderer is some nice family joke. I was just like WTF?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kyle Walker on Gary Neville's influence:

"I've always liked to go forward but he has helped massively in terms of myself improving defensively. I just want to keep on learning. My defending is improving every time, every week."

oprah-winfrey-what-gif.gif

JesusTom

I just saw Taken 2 at the cinema.

It was... decent, I guess? The pacing was really strange, seemed like they got 'taken' and then within about 5 minutes everyone was dead, whereas I remember the original film having a much longer rescue arc. The action itself was fine, saw a bunch of people in the OT lamenting the direction but it didn't seem too different from the first film. Would I recommend it? It's not a bad choice if you're going to the cinema but if I wouldn't purposely go to the movies just to see this.

One more thing, the final scene is rather silly - the bad guys are dead and the family enjoying a meal (yeah, spoilers, but come on, it's Taken, not like anything else would ever happen). Maggie Grace's boyfriend arrives and she says "He's nice, don't shoot this one Dad," and then they all laugh, like the fact that Liam Neeson is a mass murderer is some nice family joke. I was just like WTF?

Thank fuck I'm not the only one!! Me and my brother were left stunned by how callous that scene was, I just don't understand the point of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom