• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Bertrand has pulled out of the England squad...with a sore throat.

Lol.

Bertrand, a team-mate of Lampard's at Chelsea, has been unable to train this week due to a throat infection and the left-back was ruled out after the illness failed to clear up.

Throat infections can be a lot worse than just a sore throat and give you fever and what not, obviously a young guy like Bertrand wouldn't just pull out with a little bit of a sore throat.

Ryan Bertrand has pulled out of the England squad...with a sore throat.

Lol.

I think the FA should start taking a hard stance on things like that. Its one thing for old players to pull out of money-spinning friendlies, but young players pulling out of squads for actual qualifiers...

edit: Okay, perhaps Bertrand is genuinely ill :p

The point stands though

qindarka

Banned
Just to clarify, Bertrand has said on Twitter that he actually has swollen glands in his neck with headaches, not a sore throat.

So maybe we could wait a bit before jumping to damning conclusions.

Mastadon

Banned
Just to clarify, Bertrand has said on Twitter that he actually has swollen glands in his neck with headaches, not a sore throat.

So maybe we could wait a bit before jumping to damning conclusions.

Did you hear about the rugby player who played for 20 minutes with a ruptured testicle?

Fucking sore throat. Get yourself a Strepsil son.

qindarka

Banned
Did you hear about the rugby player who played for 20 minutes with a ruptured testicle?

Fucking sore throat. Get yourself a Strepsil son.

Um, it's not a sore throat. Why quote my post if you ignore what I wrote?

And you gave the rugby example, so what? Players' health should be priority no.1.

Mastadon

Banned
Um, it's not a sore throat. Why quote my post if you ignore what I wrote?

And you gave the rugby example, so what? Players' health should be priority no.1.

Sorry, sore throat and headaches. I'll change my prescription to a strepsil and two paracetamol.

I was joking, no need to be so defensive!

Zabojnik

Asamoah out with an ankle injury.

REALLY GHANA?

NOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!! How serious is it?

So despite what I posted earlier in this thread, Capello couldn't resist reverting back to the 4-4-2 :( Rumored lineup against Ronaldo's band of cunts:

Kerzhakov Kokorin
Dzagoev Glushakov Denisov Samedov
Kombarov Ignashevich Berezutski Anyukov
Akinfeev

Why Glushakov,WHYYYYYY?

It may be a 4-4-2, but I'm sure you'll "start attacking from the tunnel". No worries.

Zabojnik

Asamoah on twitter: "I'm fine guys. Nothing serious. Just rested it to be safe. Hopefully fit for weekend. Thanks for your concern #KASA"

praying-on-one-knee.jpg

flake

Anyone know where I can buy the Dortmund away strip (black with yellow strip) with delivery to Australia?

Edit: never mind, I found uksoccershop. It shall be mine!

Arnie

Has Jeff commented anymore on his current medical plight? Genuinely concerned bro, keep us updated.

Reading The Times and this is a hugely damning statistic, one that I suppose correlates with the idea that England really do need to modernise their game, a sentiment that I'm sure will be controversial to some:

The two penalties that Michael Owen went down easily to win, are the only two penalties England have received in World Cup Finals since 1990.

The only two penalties England have seen in my life time, at a World Cup Finals, are the product of 'skilful forward play', according to Owen, and an assertion I don't particularly disagree with.

I'm going to 606 live this Saturday and I'm asking a question about this to Savage and co.

Oh, and my boots arrived, they're fucking gorgeous. Want to walk around the house in them.

Lol didn't want to make it a liveblog so thought I better keep quiet

Having blood tests next Tuesday (full blood count just to check for general things) and Thursday I am at the hospital seeing someone

In a way I'm glad he referred me as if he just sent me home I would probably worry he wasn't thorough enough knowing me, at least if I go for tests on it I should get a resolution one way or another

Fuck knows how ill react or cope if its bad news mind you!

Arnie

Having blood tests next Tuesday (full blood count just to check for general things) and Thursday I am at the hospital seeing someone

In a way I'm glad he referred me as if he just sent me home I would probably worry he wasn't thorough enough knowing me, at least if I go for tests on it I should get a resolution one way or another

I'd wager you'll be fine, doctors have to follow through with these sorts of things because the consequences of not could be damaging to them, not to say your doctor's a snidy cunt or anything, but just that 'better safe than sorry' is generally the tone medical services go for.

I say this to myself sometimes, because I'm a chronic worrier like you, but with how proactive you are about checking your body for these doomsday medical scenarios, what are the actual chances of you being the one to get such a thing?
It's not really funny. We are so quick to assume the worst based on even a tiny snippet of unverified information.
Bertrand's a cunt.

It's always a bit of a nightmare when the worst-case scenario is something really serious. No matter what any of us say it won't stop you from worrying.

I guess you've just got to hold up until the results and hope it's good news. We'll all be hoping it is :)

GorillaJu

Oh man, if my wife wasn't allergic to cats, I would adopt both of them.

Not sure if anyone has seen this awesomeness.

A4w0b2HCEAEgiF-.jpg:large

Okay, I get most of them, but who's the guy in the middle with the ponytail? And the ugly chap next to Kenny with the gap in his teeth? Never heard of or seen those two before.

Right. Well I've got a day off so I guess it's time to get cracking on The Walking Dead game ep4!

Let's hope the quality is better than the Book of Eli
always thought it was funny how much Gaf loves the film purely because the writer posts here :lol

Eh the book of Eli was pretty good. Would play the walking dead but it fucked up my save game after episode 2, so I'm too pissed at the moment to actually go through it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom