• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

GorillaJu

I just built a PC that will almost be able to perform at Ps4 level if the rumors are accurate on its power and it cost me about 450 bucks.

PC games are also cheaper than console games.

I am a console guy first and foremost but at this point is be inclined to go PC instead of PS3 because the difference in power is so great.

elsk

Banned
PS4 hasn't even been announced yet so you could be waiting some time.

Still, I was looking in amazon and the prices actually went up since the last time I checked, the PS3 Slim was 250$, now the ugly slim new model is 270$. Fuck that. 199$ or nothing, SONY
LLShC.gif

Meier

Interesting, this 4.5* prospect Viktor Fischer for Ajax just made his debut for them 2 days ago. Seems like he could be one to watch in real life and in FM.. scored a goal in his only match in the preseason.

Edit: Sold Joao Moutinho to Dortmund.. gonna try and buy Gundogan to replace him. Apparently Sporting has a 25% sell-on fee deal in place for him.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
SQUADNEW.jpg

My provisional squad for now. Thinking about dropping Gundogan in the middle where Guarin is. What is sad is that I was changing Thiago from a cam to a cm and I was then trying to sell a formation modifier card but I accidentally put it on him when he used to be a 4-3-3 lol.

Narsingh is godly thanks yall. Dat 94 pace

edit: I switched Guarin and team sneaky guy. so chemistry up to 95 at least. Bout to go online wish me luck :/

xintin

now have an all PL and and all Serie A squad in FUT, and just won the Div 3 title. Quagliarella and Abbiati are beastly. Juve, Napoli and Milan players all together, cats and dogs living in harmony, mass hysteria.

edit - I just realized I bought a player with 88 games to go on his contract lol.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
now have an all PL and and all Serie A squad in FUT, and just won the Div 3 title. Quagliarella and Abbiati are beastly. Juve, Napoli and Milan players all together, cats and dogs living in harmony, mass hysteria.

edit - I just realized I bought a player with 88 games to go on his contract lol.

What platform? I will crush you on 360

#ywnbc

elsk

Banned
Woah, just discovered an ex-gf of mine is now dating an idiot I know from high school.
It wouldn't matter that much to me, but the guy is REALLY an idiot, he's one of those kind of people who only 'feature' is having mommy and daddy's money. And being an asshole because he has money to show of

fuck him

:(

Choc

Banned
i've been inspired by the weekends fuckery of refereeing to start a blog where i as a ref myself analyse the decisions and talk about reasoning behind cards yellow and red and if the ref got it right imo

would you guys read it?

Empty

i've been inspired by the weekends fuckery of refereeing to start a blog where i as a ref myself analyse the decisions and talk about reasoning behind cards yellow and red and if the ref got it right imo

would you guys read it?

i would

dc89

would you guys read it?

Yup.

You're not missing anything good, don't worry. UNO Chicago Grill is much better than Fridays and Applebees anyway.

Ahh. That's good to hear then. We have one near my house and a friend of mine raves over it.

Yen

would you guys read it?

Only if you prejudge the players you are analysing.

GorillaJu

would you guys read it?

Provided it was informative more than opinionated, I would definitely read it.

Choc

Banned
Provided it was informative more than opinionated, I would definitely read it.

yeah guys it would just be factual and reference the laws of the game. I am just wanting to

1) point out where a ref has got it right and you might think its wrong and then in reference to the LOTG why it was right

2) where a ref got it wrong and possibly why they made the decision

the idea is not to turn it into a referee hate blog. Just give a perspective of a referee on the decisions.

Will start with A-League and EPL. If it ever got super popular would try and make other leagues. Will also take submissions if someone wanted to get an analysis on a game i had not covered.

:)

So I am meant to be going to the Borussia Dortmund - Greuther Furth game but the fucking website to buy tickets is so confusing. You have to manually search each section for tickets. Can Dortmund-Gaf/Germany-Gaf help? Is the other team any good or will Dortmund smash them?

BVB matches are pretty much sold out instantly, so is the Fürth match you were looking at. That page on the online shop is still up because sometimes a few tickets get sent back to them/don't get paid and they sell them again. That's not that often and you must check the website like every 5 minutes to get them, though lol

If you're in Germany that day, you might just go to the stadium. There usually are a few guys selling their tickets, might be your best chance to get a ticket.

Mumei

would you guys read it?

As long as you have citations.

spidye

would you guys read it?

only limited to BPL?

dc89

Choc, how about I get some tasty City adverts for your blog, maybe a nice banner or something to make it look the real deal :p

Choc

Banned
ok guys this is going to happen but it will take a little while to get it cleaned up and ready to rock :) just registered the domain though, you will find out soon what it is

spidye

A-League and BPL. Purely because they are the leagues i follow but if people want to submit videos from other matches, i would be happy to analyse.

that would be really great. I would like to see the differences between british refs and for example german ones.

A-League and BPL. Purely because they are the leagues i follow but if people want to submit videos from other matches, i would be happy to analyse.

Not sure if there are any videos but you should check out Lewandowski with Bundesliga refs. He uses his body a lot and Bundesliga refs don't like it. It's gotten to the point where he gets fouled and it should be a penalty but instead the defender gets a free kick. I feel like they're totally wrong, I would love to hear your opinion on it.

Choc

Banned
Not sure if there are any videos but you should check out Lewandowski with Bundesliga refs. He uses his body a lot and Bundesliga refs don't like it. It's gotten to the point where he gets fouled and it should be a penalty but instead the defender gets a free kick. I feel like they're totally wrong, I would love to hear your opinion on it.

If you can find me some examples and i will analyse here for you :) There is a lot of cases of players gaining reputation with referees.

Let me give you a good example. Suarez got fouls on the weekend that i think other EPL refs wouldn't have given (the ref also missed a clanger).

It was roger easts 3rd appointment in the BPL. I think people like Atkinson, Dowd and to a lesser extent marriner tend to take into account reputations a lot more than the new kids on the block. I am a super big believer in referees moving between BPL, Championship and even league 1 just to get a variety of situations to deal with. FA will never do it because they have their elite panel and don't awnt to pay a league 1 ref 300,000 pounds a year (yes thats what a BPL full time referee is earning, plus in the case of Howard Webb and Atkinson, a bunch of UEFA money)

I ref state league in Australia (1 below A-League) and sometimes i am dropped to lower divisions (not because of performance) to gain more situations. Lower divisions tend to kick off more and a lot more man management required, so it keeps me on my toes. It also allows me to assess upcoming referees (as i 4th official the reserve/u21 matches for example)

I think Roger east gaining BPL appointments shows the dearth of referees in the UK right now. He was a AR for a number of years. Usually once you make the decision to go down the AR path you are generally forced to stick with it, or start at the bottom rung again. I haven't followed East's career closely but i don't think he started refereeing centres professionally at conference level and was fast tracked. the FA has a real shortage problem it seems of elite quality referees.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yeah guys it would just be factual and reference the laws of the game. I am just wanting to

1) point out where a ref has got it right and you might think its wrong and then in reference to the LOTG why it was right

2) where a ref got it wrong and possibly why they made the decision

the idea is not to turn it into a referee hate blog. Just give a perspective of a referee on the decisions.

Will start with A-League and EPL. If it ever got super popular would try and make other leagues. Will also take submissions if someone wanted to get an analysis on a game i had not covered.

:)
A twitter account would be a hit. A much better idea!

Choc

Banned
A twitter account would be a hit. A much better idea!

I had considered twitter but there is a few reasons it won't work. 140 characters isn't enough to lay out why decisions are wrong right and reference LOTG.

it also requires me to watch a lot of the matches live which with the BPL is kinda very hard with four or five on at once :)

I may setup a twitter account to go with the site to have live commentary or reaction wherever possible but i just think a blog allows me to detail much more info.

spose there is twitlonger, hrmmm

Top Bottom