• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Kenka

The decision to let Magath go on being the manager of Wolfsburg leaves me wide-open. This man has blown his budget, has only had poor results so far this season and is being arrogant like he has never been before. I do think he is living in his own bubble of past successes.

He must go, now. Schalke has been doing so much better without him around.

Salazar

DAT FRWNT

q64it.jpg
1NGzQ.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I had considered twitter but there is a few reasons it won't work. 140 characters isn't enough to lay out why decisions are wrong right and reference LOTG.

it also requires me to watch a lot of the matches live which with the BPL is kinda very hard with four or five on at once :)

I may setup a twitter account to go with the site to have live commentary or reaction wherever possible but i just think a blog allows me to detail much more info.

spose there is twitlonger, hrmmm

You don't even need that. Just spam away and people can read your TL.

If you can find me some examples and i will analyse here for you :) There is a lot of cases of players gaining reputation with referees.

Let me give you a good example. Suarez got fouls on the weekend that i think other EPL refs wouldn't have given (the ref also missed a clanger).

Like I thought, there are no videos about this stuff because it's not a match deciding mistake. Long ball to Lewandowski, he just uses his body to get/keep possession and it's a foul. The media won't discuss minor mistakes like this. That happens more than once or twice a match and costs us another one or two (maybe deciding) attacks, though. It's not the single situation but more the sum of those situations that's getting annoying.

If you happen to have time, just watch a BVB Bundesliga match some time. There should at least be one situation like this with Lewandowski playing and it's entertaining anyway :)

Choc

Banned
PS. If anyone cares, james milner shouldn't have been sent off. The referee could not be 100% sure another city player (who was in view) would not have been able to challenge for the ball before the goal scoring opp.

It may get rescinded/turned over.

Zabojnik

Benchner's time to shine?

I still can't get over how awesome Awesomoah and Giovinco were against Napoli. <3

People are coming up with all sorts of formations, while I'm pretty sure we'll play with the usual starting XI with one or two exceptions. Possibly Lucio for Barzagli and Caceres for Lichtsteiner. No Bendtner. Well, maybe a cameo at the end. :p

What do we want? 4-3-3!! When do we want it? NOOOOOWWWWW!!! C'mon Conte, Pepe and Isla are fucking ready. DO IT. DOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
People are coming up with all sorts of formations, while I'm pretty sure we'll play with the usual starting XI with one or two exceptions. Possibly Lucio for Barzagli and Caceres for Lichtsteiner. No Bendtner. Well, maybe a cameo at the end. :p

What do we want? 4-3-3!! When do we want it? NOOOOOWWWWW!!! C'mon Conte, Pepe and Isla are fucking ready. DO IT. DOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Man we sound like United GAF now :( They spend weeks speculating on formations and hoping it isn't the usual 442, but deep down inside, they just know it.

It's a 3-5-2. :(

With Isla, Bendtner and SP7 in the away section.

Zabojnik

With Isla, Bendtner and SP7 in the away section.

855049_o.gif

Uh, Asamoah, Pepe and Lichtsteiner stay in Torino. :/ Soooo ...

---------------------- Buffon --------------------
--------------------------------------------------
------------- Lucio - Bonuzzi - Chiellini --------
Isla - Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio - De Ceglie
---------------- Giovinco - Vucinic -------------

So, after Saturday night Galliani decided to keep the players at Milanello until next Saturday, when we'll face Genoa.
Galliani said:
I don't know if it's needed or not, but at least the players will have time to reflect while they're at Milanello, It was entirely my decision to keep the players there until Saturday."
So, except for the Malaga match, nobody will be able to do anything but stay there and prepare both matches for a week. It's the first time that I've seen Milan doing something like this, can't say that I'm surprised but it's also really strange. I haven't felt this bad since the Istanbul final.

Also, it seems that Galliani clearly asked Allegri to at least draw on Wednesday and win vs Genoa, otherwise he'll be sacked and Tassotti will take his place. There's also another thing: Allegri will (and this is almost certain) leave Milan at the end of the season. Guardiola seems to be our primary target, apparently he demanded to speak with Berlusconi before signing for us, just to be safe about the whole "project".

Wilbur

Banned
Torres has scored four league goals this season.

Pretty decent tally for a player that has declined so rapidly.

His service is infinitely better than it is last season. If RDM keeps playing Ramires deep and Mikel either keeps it up or get replaced, they're looking fucking scary all around the park.

I still see Torres as a shadow of his former self but when I've seen Chelsea play this season I think he's been doing a really really good job of holding the ball and linking play with all the players behind him.

Clegg

His service is infinitely better than it is last season. If RDM keeps playing Ramires deep and Mikel either keeps it up or get replaced, they're looking fucking scary all around the park.
If this was Liverpool form Torres, he'd already be on 8/9 goals this season. You can see that he's not in good form but a lot of credit has to go to Mata. He's keeping Torres in goals right now.

Imagine what they would have done with a capable striker.
I'd rather not think about that tbh.

Scary.

pappe

If this was Liverpool form Torres, he'd already be on 8/9 goals this season. You can see that he's not in good form but a lot of credit has to go to Mata. He's keeping Torres in goals right now.

I'd rather not think about that tbh.

Scary.

This is the best Torres has been for past 2 seasons now. I think this is the best we expect from him.

Wilbur

Banned
Champions league trolling

Champions League &#8207;@ChampionsLeague
Why Messi and @Cristiano are both rare gems - http://uefa.to/QBqkeM Messi or Ronaldo - who would you rather have in your team?

I really do feel sorry for Ronaldo. He's comfortably one of the best players of all time playing as a direct rival against the best of all time.

Plus he's my dawg from day.

Tc91

The guy that attacked Chris Kirkland has been jailed for 4 months after pleading guilty to attacking him.

Also Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles by UCI and banned for life.

Messi

The guy that attacked Chris Kirkland has been jailed for 4 months after pleading guilty to attacking him.

Also Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles by UCI and banned for life.

Great job on both accounts

dc89

Hey Messi. I was at the cinema yesterday and I noticed Olivia Wilde is in a new movie coming soon. Took a pic of the poster for you :p

Top Bottom