• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Valencia and Scholes not in the squad = both starting on the weekend.

Carrick at CB and Kagawa right side on midfield...hmm. Not perfect but tbh I'm just happy anytime Shinji is out there and there should be a big goal threat.

Braga are a decent team so I will take any sort of win but I really want to see some good football tonight.

Is he an AMC ? A player with a similar name move to chelsea in my FM 2012 save in 2014.

Yeah he's an AMC. Too bad the fantasy champions league website calls thinks he's a striker. Probably because he's averaging over a goal a game this season. Get that shit fixed based Gazprom.

Bumhead

Banned
For $329, I'm not interested in the iPad mini. I'll stick with my iPad w/ Retina :)

Is that how much it is?

Has to hit £200 over here for me to be interested. Maybe £250, as I'd allow them a £50 leway in Apple Tax unless they gimp the storage. Any more than that puts the Mini in "Well might as well buy a normal iPad" and "I'll just get a Nexus 7" territory.

FootballFan

Yeah, I figured out that tomorrow night is the night to watch out for. I am already getting excited by Real Madrid V Dortmund game.

Madrid will win, might be a big win too. Hope I am wrong and they get hammered 6-0 lol.

I am more excited for Schalke - Arsenal (Afelllay!!), Malaga - Milan and Ajax - ManCity.

Meier

Benfica at the bottom of the group.. crazy. Not sure how much of that is due to the loss of Witsel and Garcia, but I'm shocked regardless. Thought for sure they'd go through with Barca.

Madrid will win, might be a big win too. Hope I am wrong and they get hammered 6-0 lol.

I am more excited for Schalke - Arsenal (Afelllay!!), Malaga - Milan and Ajax - ManCity.

Dude, you're missing the biggest game of the day, Zenit-Anderlecht.

Lol, not really but you might as well watch it since it's an early game.

FootballFan

Good to see Banega playing again for Valencia, you guys remember about 9 months ago he ran over his own leg and broke it in several areas.

Happened while he was refueling. :lol

Dude, you're missing the biggest game of the day, Zenit-Anderlecht.

Lol, not really but you might as well watch it since it's an early game.

Ohh forgot it's an early game, might as well watch it.

Apple haven't made any significant steps forward since iPhone 4. I don't think I've wanted or needed anything they've made after that. Everything is just a bigger, smaller or faster version of the same product with a few minor upgrades here and there.

I ordered a Surface though, so I guess I'm behind that spectacularly overpriced tablet now.

Bumhead

Banned
:lol

iPad mini. £200 would be incredible. But I'm actually guessing it will be £229. Now I guessed all the iPhone 5 prices correctly so let's see how I do this time around.

At £229 I'd probably bite.

That and a Wii U though
and a new baby
. Expensive Christmas? Expensive Christmas.

Meier

Apple haven't made any significant steps forward since iPhone 4. I don't think I've wanted or needed anything they've made after that. Everything is just a bigger, smaller or faster version of the same product with a few minor upgrades here and there.

I bought an iPad on launch day and an iPad 2 but have not upgraded and don't plan to. In fact, one of these days I will probably sell it and just buy a Nexus or one of these $200 or so tablets. I rarely use my iPad and made a conscious effort not to buy too much that'd tie me down to it. Once they added Facetime to phones, it made it less useful for me.

D_prOdigy

Not too worried about Kagawa's position tonight. They're obviously going to be big in attack, and you just know SAF would have told him not to hesitate in going forward. The lad can move well - it would be insulting to him to suggest he'll be ineffectual anywhere other than right behind the striker. S'all about fluidity.

Wilbur

Banned
Valencia and Scholes not in the squad = both starting on the weekend.

Carrick at CB and Kagawa right side on midfield...hmm. Not perfect but tbh I'm just happy anytime Shinji is out there and there should be a big goal threat.

Braga are a decent team so I will take any sort of win but I really want to see some good football tonight.

Agreed on all counts.

Meier

580894_10152205250985455_1965029462_n.jpg

Zaba got that swag for days..

Benfica at the bottom of the group.. crazy. Not sure how much of that is due to the loss of Witsel and Garcia, but I'm shocked regardless. Thought for sure they'd go through with Barca.

If Benfica beat Spartak and Celtic at home they'll go through. No reason to think they can't.

Yen

Tablets still seem unnecessary. I can think of very few situations where tablet use would be preferrable to smartphones or laptops.

Klopp said that Götze and Schmelzer will probably play tomorrow.

Fuck yeah, too bad Gündogan is still missing :(

^ ah, fuck. I'd trade Götze for Gündogan, lol
But Schmelzer is key since there's no adequate backup so FUCK YEAH, REAL IS GOING DOWN (no way..)
I'd be great if we managed to snatch a point! Hope Pepe won't hurt anyone :|

Lightning

Banned

I ordered a Surface though, so I guess I'm behind that spectacularly overpriced tablet now.
I won't be upgrading my iPhone 4S anytime soon. Apple offer small upgrades at stupid prices.

Meier

Tablets still seem unnecessary. I can think of very few situations where tablet use would be preferrable to smartphones or laptops.

I don't have a laptop personally as I have a desktop and don't need both. The tablet is a nice compromise when I'm lying around at home and want to post on GAF. In the end, I just use my iPhone though.

FootballFan

Barcelona Starting line up:

Valdes, Adriano, Mascherano, Bartra, Song, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Alexis

Bartra is starting! :eek:

Busquets suspended for that ridiculous red, so Song playing DM then.

Celtic starting line up:

Forster, Lustig, Wilson, Ambrose, Izaguirre, Brown, Wanyama, Ledley, Mulgrew, Samaras, Hooper

Clegg

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

0-15 - There has been a goal scored inside the first 15 minutes in each of the last five Champions League games involving Man Utd. Gamble?
We're going to concede first again.

I am actually going to buy games for my Vita in the next couple of weeks *gasp* :lol I want Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, Assassins Creed 3 : Liberation and Need for Speed : Most Wanted. Would be nice to play AC MP on a handheld.

^ ah, fuck. I'd trade Götze for Gündogan, lol
But Schmelzer is key since there's no adequate backup so FUCK YEAH, REAL IS GOING DOWN (no way..)
I'd be great if we managed to snatch a point! Hope Pepe won't hurt anyone :|

Pepe could be quite the test to Lewandowski's apparent indestructibleness lol

Let's hope he doesn't want to test him, though.

Arnie

I'll buy an iPad mini when they hit £199 and there's a fully fledged FM release for iPad. Let me play my FM14 save across Mac and iPad and I'll bite.

ATF487

Does anyone else not really give a shit about smartphones/tablets? I have a budget smart phone but I only really use it to read the guardian and occasionally look up stupid shit on wikipedia. I kind of regret spending money on it, to be honest.

It seems like everyone now has a phone that does everything and pays a hundred dollars a month for it and it doesn't seem worth it to me.

elsk

Banned
Guys could we not post results in the thread, at least for the next 3-4 hours? Or at least do it on spoiler tags. I plan to watch one match live and the next Barcealona-Celtic on replay.

Top Bottom