• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

MUFC Vice-Chairman on the debt said:
It is like having a tiny mortgage on your house and the person in the house has got richer and richer through income and the mortgage is going down
GTFO.

Now go get that £1bn deal from Nike :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The CL is returning home to Milan, you can't argue with history.
Ibra's curse

http://www.nevercaptainnickybutt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/soccer-graphics-john-terry-528327.jpg[IMG]

Seriously though, Cech must have made about 25 saves in his last two games. He is in amazing form.[/QUOTE]

Shakhtar were pretty good in Turin, but not 11 shots on target good! They had 2, at most.

Impressive team.

Blablurn

Not until Robben actually follows through on retiring.

4nEjE.gif

Wilbur

Banned
That's a fucking gorgeous cross. Wasn't that good last night though overall, just failed to influence it.

I'm conflicted because we do look more threatening with wide men, but all the players I want to play are more suited to narrow formations

Clegg

Last night Hernandez played his best ever game for us.

His link up play was pretty good and was was his finishing. Apart from the RVP cross of course.

Wilbur

Banned
Last night Hernandez played his best ever game for us.

His link up play was pretty good and was was his finishing. Apart from the RVP cross of course.

Yeah agreed. The turn and outside foot pass on the touch line was beautiful. If he's improved his all round game then that's fantastic.

u guys just lose too much energy if u always play catch up with the other team.

Yeah; it worked last night because Braga went into their shell, but a team like Spurs the other week for instance have such a counter attacking threat that when we're going for a winner with 5 minutes to go I'm fucking terrified.

Should start like we're 2 down against Chelsea. Probably fucking will be.

Clegg

RVP is getting better with every game imo.

He was excellent against Stoke and had another fine game this evening.

Shame he didn't get a goal.

Wilbur

Banned

Agreed, even when he isn't the focal point of the attack he's great. Should play him and Rooney wide with Shinji as false nine lulz

He should have scored when Nani put him through, that little pass from Nani was a delight btw.

He was good though. His touch and passing in the final 3rd is very crisp.

Blablurn

ribery received 16 motherfucking injections yesterday after he got subbed. fucking lile players kept kicking and kicking him. i hope he will be ready by sunday.

GorillaJu

I actually think this could be United's year in the CL. Bayern and Real Madrid are choke artists, Barcelona look uncharacteristicallt vulnerable, Arsenal doesn't have the defense, Ajax and the other smaller league teams don't have the quality and City and Dortmund don't have the experience.

I think United are just good enough to get through, so long as they dont run into Barca. If some other team can pull off a lucky win over Barça, United has a legitimate shot. Chelsea could be contenders as well.

Wilbur

Banned
Nah, we suck. Can't see us getting past the quarters. It's one thing coming from 2 down against Braga, the moment we play the real elite we'll be destroyed.

GorillaJu

Nah, we suck. Can't see us getting past the quarters. It's one thing coming from 2 down against Braga, the moment we play the real elite we'll be destroyed.

Barça have gone down and come back to win nearly every game this season. I mean I agree you suck in the worst possible way, but I think Barça is the only team that RVP Utd will actually not be able to overcome in the final minutes for an undeserved win.

Blablurn

Come on man I'm actually not trolling this time. By using that avatar you're practically admitting to agreement!

Edit: errr your Avatar before you put Schweinteiger's face on it. :p

i don't know, this feels like a different bayern team. but i guess their focus lies on more on winning the bundesliga (which is not bad either). but we'll see. it also feels like they don't really care about the group stage. they just wanna enter the knockout stage and to start another run at the title.

it's kinda crazy. we have been in 2 of the last 3 finals. this alone is already a fucking huge achievement. we just need the final step :( maybe this or next year.

I actually think this could be United's year in the CL. Bayern and Real Madrid are choke artists, Barcelona look uncharacteristicallt vulnerable, Arsenal doesn't have the defense, Ajax and the other smaller league teams don't have the quality and City and Dortmund don't have the experience.

I think United are just good enough to get through, so long as they dont run into Barca. If some other team can pull off a lucky win over Barça, United has a legitimate shot. Chelsea could be contenders as well.
Trollin' so hard.

I'm happy with QF's.

Wilbur

Banned
Barça have gone down and come back to win nearly every game this season. I mean I agree you suck in the worst possible way, but I think Barça is the only team that RVP Utd will actually not be able to overcome in the final minutes for an undeserved win.

diplo.gif

I dunno; like viva says, QFs would be a good achievement, but that's provided we win the league. Couldn't handle another season without silverware, Liverpool will only win the League Cup and rub it in for another year.

Arsenal, prepare to be joined on the bench of eternal disappointment. RVP to Chelsea next year.

Clegg

I'd be happy with getting to the QF. It would be a definite improvement over last years performance. And we need dat money too.

Bo-Locks

I remember not so long ago when a Rio-Vidic defense went something like 11 league games, and VDS went close to 1000 minutes, without conceding, and United were 1-nilling their way to glory. This is certainly a different approach.

Clegg

This current United side reminds me a bit of the 2001-2002 United.

We had a dodgy keeper in Barthez, an aging defender who used to be one of the worlds finest in Blanc and a Dutch goal machine who couldn't stop scoring in Van Nistelrooy.

The biggest difference is that we had Keane/Scholes/Veron as our CMs. And even then we didn't win the league because we conceded 45 goals. I know Veron was a flop at United but he still had some stunning games for us. If we had a 25 year old Veron at United right now he'd be used a lot better than he was ten years ago.

Edit: Maybe I'm a bit too harsh of De Gea actually. He's nowhere near as dodgy as Barthez was.

Top Bottom