• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Manager

Lots of people on Bluemoon saying the police are over-reacting. They rarely write like this there:
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=270123

From the creator of the site, decent guy:
Twatting a group of us with batons for the crime of being stood outside a bar. It was ridiculously over the top, nothing was happening. One lad had his head split open just for being there. Disgraceful.

Other people:
Just had a text from our kid, Dutch hooligans kicked off in the main square (Dam Sq?), turned really nasty.

United had trouble with Ajax over there last season as well. Foreign police and overseas hooligans still seem to think English fans are stuck in the 1980s and treat us accordingly

Meier

Wow, Evans even got on the bench! Javi Garcia and Rodwell are both injured so I guess Mancini wanted to have an emergency DM. Kinda wish we'd signed that Israeli guy (Beton? Something like that) who has trialed with us a few times!

Edit: Nir Biton is his name.

Manager

Wow, Evans even got on the bench! Javi Garcia and Rodwell are both injured so I guess Mancini wanted to have an emergency DM. Kinda wish we'd signed that Israeli guy (Beton? Something like that) who has trialed with us a few times!

There has been talk of army duty and work permit issues, but who knows. Really weird how he has been training so long time with City.

Apparently he was at Spurs too.

Evans looks like a great prospect.

elsk

Banned

Surely Evans is already better than Rodwell

edit: what is Manager doing here!

Messi

Wtf, I just saw Real's bus accompanied by 2 police bikes and a car in the front + 2 bikes in the back! They stopped at a red light and people kept flipping them off. I think I saw Pepe's monkey face gleaming out of the window, lol

Uhhhh why did you write that last bit

What a shame. Good luck today! I hope Fox Sports broadcast the match live.
We can only win, even if we lose :D

bvbijz1r.png

Needs more Gündogan & Kuba. Kehl needs to be in top form today even though he's been horrendous so far :|

^because Pepe's an ugly ass mofo that why - wait, is that racist?? Is he even uh, non-white? What are you implying?

K1LLER7

my predictions:

Zenit vs Anderlecht (already won)
Ajax vs City
Arsenal vs Schalke
Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid
D.Zagreb vs PSG
Porto vs Kiev
Malaga vs AC Milan
Montpellier v Olympiakos (Draw 1-1)

jtb

Banned
Giroud dropped? Fuck you Wenger. Gervinho is a fucking shit striker. At least give Podolski a chance up front if nothing else....

Meier

Surely Evans is already better than Rodwell

edit: what is Manager doing here!

I told you guys he still posts around games! He just doesn't really post much in between them.

X-Com shipped from Gamefly! Took a week of waiting, but totally worth it.

Salvadora

LINE-UPS - Arsenal v Schalke (19:45 BST)
Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Andre Santos, Ramsey, Coquelin, Arteta, Podolski, Cazorla, Gervinho. Subs: Shea, Koscielny, Giroud, Djourou, Arshavin, Chamakh, Gnabry.
Schalke 04: Unnerstall, Uchida, Howedes, Matip, Fuchs, Hoger, Neustadter, Holtby, Afellay, Farfan, Huntelaar. Subs: Hildebrand, Marica, Jones, Barnetta, Moritz, Draxler, Kolasinac.
Referee: Jonas Eriksson (Sweden)

Arnie

Police incident doesn't sound good, irritates the shit out of me when police treat football fans like shit, if that's indeed what's happened. Fans go over for a laugh and a game of football and come back with stitches having missed out on both.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wenger's tactical decisions have never once made sense to me. I don't think he actually gives a fuck about tactics or formations

Hasn't The Forehead scored a few goals this season from playing as a striker? None of Arsenal's striking options are that good, but at least he's scored several times already.

Salvadora

Hasn't The Forehead scored a few goals this season from playing as a striker? None of Arsenal's striking options are that good, but at least he's scored several times already.
There was some stat that showed that Gervinho had scored pretty much every shot he has had on target, but that clouds the fact that he's pretty much shite when he isn't in front of goal.

jtb

Banned
Wenger's tactical decisions have never once made sense to me. I don't think he actually gives a fuck about tactics or formations

I wouldn't go that far, but it's appalling how he somehow got the idea that Gervinho can be the Thierry Henry successor that Walcott never was. Just fucking play Giroud already! He scored against Spain ffs.

Also, in hindsight, Cazorla really should've been dropped/rested for the game at Norwich (dropped points either way!). He did not look sharp then and another match so good cannot be good for his fitness.

There was some stat that showed that Gervinho had scored pretty much every shot he has had on target, But that clouds the fact that he's pretty much shite when he isn't in front of goal.

That's because he never fucking hits the target. There's a quality player lurking somewhere in Gervinho, but it won't be found by playing him at center forward.

Manager

I told you guys he still posts around games! He just doesn't really post much in between them.

X-Com shipped from Gamefly! Took a week of waiting, but totally worth it.

I think I've swiftly mentioned it before, I've had to generally close down on forum:ing so I can get my exam (degree?) sometime.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There was some stat that showed that Gervinho had scored pretty much every shot he has had on target, but that clouds the fact that he's pretty much shite when he isn't in front of goal.

I honestly think all 3 strikers have looked pretty shit so far. Gervinho just has the best numbers.

Kenka

Zenit vs Anderlecht
Ajax vs City
Arsenal vs Schalke
Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid
D.Zagreb vs PSG
Porto vs Kiev
Malaga vs AC Milan
Montpellier v Olympiakos

Bla, the answer is yes. Even Unterhaching would win against this Milan. No, I am not joking.

Salvadora

Gervinho has actually had some good games, the game against Olympiakos being one of them. Maybe he saves it all for the Champions League.

I don't know who to root for in the Malaga-Milan game. It' probably best if one team takes all 6 points from the other in both games between the two.

jtb

Banned
I don't rate Gervinho at all. I'd rather see Arshavin, who is a much better dribbler and finisher. Also has a pass in him

Well they're different types of players (not that Wenger cares)... Gervinho's half decent on the wing, Arshavin's still got a bit of quality when played down the middle as a playmaker but he (like Rosicky, another great playmaker wasted on the wing) is way too fucking slow to be a winger.

Top Bottom