• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal only lost because they didn't have Walcott. Normally in these shitty games they bring him on at 0-0 and against tired legs he scored/assists.

Arnie

Unless he wants no CL football for the remainder of his career I'm not sure what he'll achieve going to Liverpool at this stage of his career.
I know you're sour because Arsenal are bottling their season pre-February for a change, but you're nuts if you think we wouldn't challenge for top four with a lethal, 20 a season goal scorer.

There's not a team in the league we can't give a game; we should've beat United and City, and you were fortunate in the timing of our fixture. When playing 'beatable' teams we've taken 7 from 9.

And hope Ajax get something from the other teams??
Don't think so. If City win their matches and everyone beats Ajax City would have 10 points, Dortmund 10, Madrid 9.

A Madrid win in the Dortmund match would put City through ahead of Dortmund (on head to heads), a Dortmund win would put them through ahead of Madrid. A draw would either put City or Madrid through depending on the result of their second match and goal differences.

Probably all academic since City don't like beating these three teams.

jtb

Banned
Arsenal only lost because they didn't have Walcott. Normally in these shitty games they bring him on at 0-0 and against tired legs he scored/assists.

Gnarby is our new shit player who can run fast; he even managed our only shot on target in the final minute, iirc.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright it's time for WILBURY'S MATCH DAY REPORTS OF GAMES I DIDN'T WATCH

ZENIT ST PETERSBURG 1 - 0 ANDERLECHT

BOTH TEAMS PUT IN WORK AND THERE WAS A GOAL SCORED BY A RUSSIAN PLAYER. ZENIT PREVAILED THANKS TO EFFORT IN THE FINAL THIRD

MALAGA 1 - 0 AC MILAN

MILAN'S PROBLEMS CONTINUED UNDER MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI DESPITE HAVING WONDERKID NIGEL DE JONG ON THE PITCH. MALAGA'S GOAL CAME THROUGH JOAQUIN SCORING A GOAL.

ARSENAL 0 - 2 SCHALKE

ARSENAL WENT DOWN TO THE INDUSTRIOUS MOVERS AND SCHALKERS THANKS TO A GOAL FROM KLAUS HUNTELAR AND SOMEONE ELSE. THEY SHOWED NOTHING IN ATTACK AND EVEN LESS IN DEFENCE AND NOT VERY MUCH AT ALL IN ATTACKING MIDFIELD.

MONTPELIER 1 -2 OLYMPIAKOS

BOTH TEAMS BATTLED THEIR WAY TO ZERO AND THREE POINTS RESPECTIVELY HERE, AS THE GREEKS FROM MOUNT OLYMPUS BEAT THE FRENCH FROM MOUNT PELIER. A GOOD GOAL OVERALL

AJAX 3 - 1 MANCHESTER CITY

ANOTHER HUMBLING IN EUROPE FOR MASSIVE CLUB® MANCHESTER CITY. THEIR PATCHWORK DEFENCE, WITH STARS SUCH AS WAYNE BRIDGE, EMMANNEUL ADEBAYOR AND JO MISSING COULD NOT HANDLE THE DEUTSCHLAND ATTACKING FORCE FROM AMSTERDAM

BORUSSIA DORTMUND 2 -1 REAL MADRID

THE BUSY BEES OF BORUSSIA STRUCK TWO GOALS AGAINST MADRID DESPITE LETTING IN ONE GOAL BY MADRID. THE WINNER WAS SCORED BY MARCEL SCHMELZER WHO GOT GOAL SIDE OF PEPE AND SCORED A GOAL. HIS GOAL WAS THE WINNER AND PEPE COULD NOT GET GOAL SIDE OF SCHMELZER WHO SCORED THE WINNER.

FC PORTO 3 - 2 DINAMO KIEV

THREE GOALS FROM THE PORTUGEUSE MEANT THEY WON 3-2 AGAINST THE DYNAMO ATTACK. JACKSON SCORED TWO I THINK, I DIDN'T CHECK.

DINAMO ZAGREB 0 -3 PSG

ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC SCORES TO ENSURE THAT HIS TEAM WIN WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF QATARI OWNERS. HIS GOAL ENSURES THAT OIL RICH PSG ARE NOT JUST KNOWN FOR THEIR QATARI OWNERS BUT FOR THE RESULTS ON THE PITCH THAT ARE A RESULT OF HAVING QATARI OWNERS

elsk

Banned
Schalke won too right? Expected, i was surprised about everyone betting for Arsenal. Schalke are way more complete team.

pulga

Banned

BOTH TEAMS BATTLED THEIR WAY TO ZERO AND THREE POINTS RESPECTIVELY HERE, AS THE GREEKS FROM MOUNT OLYMPUS BEAT THE FRENCH FROM MOUNT PELIER. A GOOD GOAL OVERALL

Oh my god :lol :lol :lol :lol

dc89

Mourinho would go to City over United, they've got the resources and the long term aims that he desires.

This man speaks the truth.

AVB, Bielsa! Anyone will do. Just make us perform better in Europe.

Dzeko did very, very little this evening.

Maybe he really is an impact sub?

Well it's hard to single him out for criticism. He needs the right kind of service, Kolarov should have started, he caused them problems.

Meier

Ideally we'd win out, Dortmund would manage a draw at the Bernabeu. Fucking Benzema and Ronnie crushed the team's morale. Still can't believe Kompany ducked...

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
congrats BVB gaf real sucked tonight again, mourinho really believes that he can use essien as Left back and win a game ,doesn't he?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

ZENIT ST PETERSBURG 1 - 0 ANDERLECHT

BOTH TEAMS PUT IN WORK AND THERE WAS A GOAL SCORED BY A RUSSIAN PLAYER. ZENIT PREVAILED THANKS TO EFFORT IN THE FINAL THIRD

MALAGA 1 - 0 AC MILAN

MILAN'S PROBLEMS CONTINUED UNDER MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI DESPITE HAVING WONDERKID NIGEL DE JONG ON THE PITCH. MALAGA'S GOAL CAME THROUGH JOAQUIN SCORING A GOAL.

ARSENAL 0 - 2 SCHALKE

ARSENAL WENT DOWN TO THE INDUSTRIOUS MOVERS AND SCHALKERS THANKS TO A GOAL FROM KLAUS HUNTELAR AND SOMEONE ELSE. THEY SHOWED NOTHING IN ATTACK AND EVEN LESS IN DEFENCE AND NOT VERY MUCH AT ALL IN ATTACKING MIDFIELD.

AJAX 3 - 1 MANCHESTER CITY

ANOTHER HUMBLING IN EUROPE FOR MASSIVE CLUB® MANCHESTER CITY. THEIR PATCHWORK DEFENCE, WITH STARS SUCH AS WAYNE BRIDGE, EMMANNEUL ADEBAYOR AND JO MISSING COULD NOT HANDLE THE DEUTSCHLAND ATTACKING FORCE FROM AMSTERDAM

BORUSSIA DORTMUND 2 -1 REAL MADRID

THE BUSY BEES OF BORUSSIA STRUCK TWO GOALS AGAINST MADRID DESPITE LETTING IN ONE GOAL BY MADRID. THE WINNER WAS SCORED BY MARCEL SCHMELZER WHO GOT GOAL SIDE OF PEPE AND SCORED A GOAL. HIS GOAL WAS THE WINNER AND PEPE COULD NOT GET GOAL SIDE OF SCHMELZER WHO SCORED THE WINNER.

FC PORTO 3 - 2 DINAMO KIEV

THREE GOALS FROM THE PORTUGEUSE MEANT THEY WON 3-2 AGAINST THE DYNAMO ATTACK. JACKSON SCORED TWO I THINK, I DIDN'T CHECK.

DINAMO ZAGREB 0 -3 PSG

ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC SCORES TO ENSURE THAT HIS TEAM WIN WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF QATARI OWNERS. HIS GOAL ENSURES THAT OIL RICH PSG ARE NOT JUST KNOWN FOR THEIR QATARI OWNERS BUT FOR THE RESULTS ON THE PITCH THAT ARE A RESULT OF HAVING QATARI OWNERS

Ahaha fucking love you Wilbz.

jtb

Banned
Do you watch the reserves at all?

Nope. That's probably being harsh on him (he is pretty pacey though—only saw bits of him during pre-season); I just think he needs a good loan spell to establish himself and we shouldn't be in the position where we're relying on youth teamers on the bench.

Arnie

Football GAF's favourite, 'Ibrahim Abraham Mohammed Afellay', was booked for diving. Some sweet irony about that. Is he a cunt now?

K1LLER7

Don't think so. If City win their matches and everyone beats Ajax City would have 10 points, Dortmund 10, Madrid 9.

A Madrid win in the Dortmund match would put City through ahead of Dortmund (on head to heads), a Dortmund win would put them through ahead of Madrid. A draw would either put City or Madrid through depending on the result of their second match and goal differences.

Probably all academic since City don't like beating these three teams.
So City have to win every game, don't see that happening.

Mancini putting his hands up. Like that he's pretty honest after matches.

Plasma

Banned
Two poor performances and the board gets questioned. I hate Arsenal fans.

Really? Since buying the club Kroenke hasn't put any money into it at all. All Gazidis does is bleat on about how the FFP rules will come in and make us better even though everyone knows that teams will find ways around them.

This isn't something that has just happened after a couple of matches it has been going on for quite a while.

There is an AGM meeting tomorrow but nothing will come of it because the board filter out any questions that they don't like.

Igo

SAF hasn't bought a player in January for years.

He said prices are more inflated than usual and that it's very hard to integrate players into the squad during the middle of the season.

And he had the whole of the summer to buy a top class midfielder/defender. That area just doesn't seem to be one of his priorities.
Who was the last successful buy in the winter window. Vidic? There must have been a few others since he joined.

Arnie

When has Mourinho ever been about the long-term?

Or am I being unfair there?
I mean there's something for him to accomplish there. City want to establish themselves as a European force. United don't have that, they've got a fan base who'd grumble at not winning the league. Horrid destination, Moyes'll take whatever he can get, though.

MALAGA 1 - 0 AC MILAN

Wonderkid De Jong is such a kid that he wasn't allowed tonight on the pitch. Too young, he was forced on the bench. Or in the stands, i don't even know this anymore.

Top Bottom