• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Clegg

Who was the last successful buy in the winter window. Vidic? There must have been a few others since he joined.

Vidic and Evra were bought in the same January transfer window back in 2006. They're the only two major signings that I can think of tbh.

D_prOdigy

I mean there's something for him to accomplish there. City want to establish themselves as a European force. United don't have that, they've got a fan base who'd grumble at not winning the league. Horrid destination, Moyes'll take whatever he can get, though.

Oh, I see what you mean.

I do agree that Mourinho would probably take City. Looking like an increasing inevitability, actually.

Wilbur

Banned
I mean there's something for him to accomplish there. City want to establish themselves as a European force. United don't have that, they've got a fan base who'd grumble at not winning the league. Horrid destination, Moyes'll take whatever he can get, though.

I would like to think the majority would be patient because taking over Fergie will be the hardest job in football... but who am I kidding? New manager will be sacked for finishing fourth a year after.

You really are an AwesomeGarcia, Spanish Wrath. :D

Cool thanks for the info. This is the last consecutive year they're having the AFCON right? After this it is every four?

Its still two years as far as I know, they've had to do them consecutively to change the timing to odd numbered years and avoid a potential clash with the world cup

Wilbur

Banned
Wonderkid De Jong is such a kid that he wasn't allowed tonight on the pitch. Too young, he was forced on the bench. Or in the stands, i don't even know this anymore.

He didn't play?

He's an underrated player I think. Does his job better than a lot of players do.

Wilbury those reviews are perfect, even read them in my head with a little BONG in between and someone shouting them.

I'll make it a regular CL feature haha

Hehehe.

Arnie, relax. Everybody is allowed to have a bit of fun now and then. You seem to be posting exclusively to troll United fans lately anyway!

operon

Always seen him as a mercanary comes in achieves what he wants then moves to the next challenge

Arnie's bitter that we're getting Moyes around the same time B-Rod gets fired when Liverpool come 9th.
I like Arnie but he's trying too hard to wind United fans up lately.

Sadly, enough bite to make it worth his while.

So Mancini has to win the league or he's done? I mean it's still possible they get through, but not really.

Too far Adrian Durham... too far.
LOL. Defo listening to Drive tmrw.

Kompany has been crap so far this year, though.

Clegg

City don't like it when the other team closes them down and puts them under pressure.

They lack technical players that can quickly pass the ball when in a tight spot. And three men in defence clearly doesn't work when your midfield crumble under the high tempo, pressing game of the opposition.

LegoArmo

Replacing Ferguson is the biggest challenge in football history, and the only man with the ego to think he could do it is The Special One.

City will go back to being shit after this year. United will see them off like they did Chelsea.

Also, Liverpool to get relegated.

Why did we keep Santos on? Why is Gervinho still alive? Why is Vermalen rampaging forward like he just raped someone and ran away? Why did we not make subs earlier? Why are Arsenal so crap?

Lots of questions, none of them will be answered.

Fucking Arsenal.

City don't like it when the other team closes them down and puts them under pressure.

They lack technical players that can quickly pass the ball when in a tight spot
. And three men in defence clearly doesn't work when your midfield crumble under the high tempo, pressing game of the opposition.
Not sure about that. Maybe in CM they do and they haven't been able to control matches.

Doesn't feel like that's the crux of the problem though.

FootballFan

Málaga's debut in the Champions League is something to take note of.

Yep watched all of their games this season, their season has been going great. I predicted they would go through this group. So far so good. 3 games 3 wins.

Football GAF's favourite, 'Ibrahim Abraham Mohammed Afellay', was booked for diving. Some sweet irony about that. Is he a cunt now?

I saw it, wasn't that bad of a dive, what I found he did even worse was when he was fouled on the halfway line and rolled around nearly all the way to the goal(okay exaggerating a bit here lol).

Played for Barcelona; nothing ironic about that.

That is also why he knew how to beat Arsenal. (He was a diver before Barca got him, that's why we went after him, no dive training needed)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
On the bright side! Madrid, Arsenal and Milan are guaranteed to qualify.

City will compete with Juve in the moral cup.

And Juve will finish runners up in it.

Arnie

Genuinely purring like a cat tonight.

Can't wait for the real football tomorrow. Hiddink, Eto'o and someone else went and put some flowers down at the Hillsborough memorial tonight. Classy from Anzhi.

Salvadora

Why did we keep Santos on? Why is Gervinho still alive? Why is Vermalen rampaging forward like he just raped someone and ran away? Why did we not make subs earlier? Why are Arsenal so crap?

Lots of questions, none of them will be answered.

Fucking Arsenal.

Same shit different year.

panty

This was the worst match I've seen from us in a long time. Essien was bad, Pepe was awful and even Alonso was shit during the second half. Why did it take so long from Mou to make the subs, I don't get it.

We can't be having games like these. Simply awful.

Wilbur

Banned
I like Arnie but he's trying too hard to wind United fans up lately.

Sadly, enough bite to make it worth his while.

So Mancini has to win the league or he's done? I mean it's still possible they get through, but not really.

LOL. Defo listening to Drive tmrw.

Kompany has been crap so far this year, though.

I love Arnie but I think Jonjo Shelvey's got to his head a tad. Or he bought a naughty coat and its so fly that he thinks he's anything but a mere mortal now.

Agreed on Mancini. I think if we win the title, owners will think 'how the fuck do you lose to this shit team', so Chelsea have to win to save his job. He'll get one more season I think off the back of last year.

And Kompany's been shite. Zabaleta's their most consistent defender.

Clegg

You also have to question Citys transfer dealings. They won the League by the skin of their teeth so the summer transfer window was the perfect opportunity for them to strengthen the side and move to the next level. They have a very strong, robust midfield with Toure, Barry and Milner but Toure is the only player with the technical skills to match his brawn. The other two just aren't technically proficient enough to control games.

Instead they got rid of their best defensive midfielder in De Jong and replaced him with a decent ,but not quite as effective, Javi Garcia. They were looking for more width but again replaced their best winger with an inferior player.

And Rodwell has just been a disaster so far. He has the potential to be good but he's injury prone and has cost them points in the league.

You can argue that midfield was the area they needed to add the most quality to. They've failed in that regard.

JesusTom

Genuinely purring like a cat tonight.

Can't wait for the real football tomorrow. Hiddink, Eto'o and someone else went and put some flowers down at the Hillsborough memorial tonight. Classy from Anzhi.

Well you always treat the date nicely before you fuck them :p

Arnie

I quite like Arnie too but he posts things that irk me so ill write a post about him doing this in a bid for him to stop.

My name's cropped up in the strangest scenarios today.
Well you always treat the date nicely before you fuck them :p
Genuinely think we could get done tomorrow. Like Udinese, Anzhi have something we don't, the ability to grab a goal at any moment with an absolutely lethal striker.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah from winning the title, things haven't looked good for City; on the pitch, transfer market, whatever. I still think its them or Chelsea for the title, but... Mancini has a fucking lot of work to do.

Top Bottom