• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

You also have to question Citys transfer dealings. They won the League by the skin of their teeth so the summer transfer window was the perfect opportunity for them to strengthen the side and move to the next level. They have a very strong, robust midfield with Toure, Barry and Milner but Toure is the only player with the technical skills to match his brawn. The other two just aren't technically proficient enough to control games.

Instead they got rid of their best defensive midfielder in De Jong and replaced him with a decent ,but not quite as effective, Javi Garcia. They were looking for more width but again replaced their best winger with an inferior player.

And Rodwell has just been a disaster so far. He has the potential to be good but he's injury pron and has cost them points in the league.

You can argue that midfield was the area they needed to add the most quality to. They've failed in that regard.
Well in fairness to Mancini it seemed he was saying this all along but #basedmarwood had other ideas.

elsk

Banned
Yeah from winning the title, things haven't looked good for City; on the pitch, transfer market, whatever. I still think its them or Chelsea for the title, but... Mancini has a fucking lot of work to do.

they won the league because the other teams were having a very shit season.

Wilbur

Banned
I quite like Arnie too but he posts things that irk me so ill write a post about him doing this in a bid for him to stop.

My name's cropped up in the strangest scenarios today.

Don't care if you stop or not. But your baiting has become more obvious recently, used to be more subtle haha.

You're like an expensive Kermit. You are Ritz, he is Travelodge.

dc411 is YMCA.

I quite like Arnie too but he posts things that irk me so ill write a post about him doing this in a bid for him to stop.

My name's cropped up in the strangest scenarios today.

Genuinely think we could get done tomorrow. Like Udinese, Anzhi have something we don't, the ability to grab a goal at any moment with an absolutely lethal striker.

2 lethal strikers actually :p

Uh-oh, Arnie fancies himself as clairvoyant.

Step 1 of Kermitization - check.

Barry's a really good player at what he does, he's very under appreciated, quite like Carrick.
I think so too. I actually think he's probably better than Carrick on balance.

Yaya seems to face trouble when teams storm him. That's City problem, maybe.

FootballFan

You have to highlight it for dramatic effect, thought Meus had taught you.

Football is dead.

Didn't know how to make it red :(

How do you feel after that loss? Schalke played well you gotta admit.

6srjuojpg.gif

Clegg

Well in fairness to Mancini it seemed he was saying this all along but #basedmarwood had other ideas.

I wasn't pinning the poor transfer activity on Mancini though.

He takes the blame for the naive formations and tactics. But there was a definite breakdown in communication somewhere in the upper echelon of management at City.

It should have been painfully obvious where they needed to strengthen but instead they've stood still. And standing still is basically the same as going backwards in the PL.

He didn't play?

He's an underrated player I think. Does his job better than a lot of players do.

I'll make it a regular CL feature haha

He did not. Even if he actually doeas a better job than the average Milan player.

I'd make it a regular matchday feature, btw. I loved that Mount Pellier. :D

After our win yesterday and Chelsea's loss and the good vibes gained from tonight, I am starting to feel confident ahead of Sunday.

Then Hazard will skin Evra in the first minute and I'll be :(

Clegg

Not sure about that. Maybe in CM they do and they haven't been able to control matches.

Doesn't feel like that's the crux of the problem though.

Sorry I meant to say that it was in midfield where they lacked these kinds of players.

They seem incapable of controlling a game and break down where put under any concentrated amount of pressure.

Meier

City have conceded 7 goals thus far -- tied for most in the UCL. That number is the same as FC Nordsjælland, Dynamo Kiev, and Spartak Moscow (at least they have a win to show for it).

tumblr_lya7f75dbN1r3q2uwo1_500.gif

K1LLER7

After our win yesterday and Chelsea's loss and the good vibes gained from tonight, I am starting to feel confident ahead of Sunday.

Still think we'll nick it towards the end. Both defences are shite tho.

3-2 United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Why, who's the referee?

sometimes I wish I supported another team

City have coneded 7 goals thus far -- tied for most in the UCL. That number is the same as FC Nordsjælland, Dynamo Kiev, and Spartak Moscow.

Literally the worst defense in Europe. Have conceded goals in 15 straight games and only have one clean sheet this season. Not good company to be in.

Kenka

All German teams won this week, still no Italian victory. The gap widens.
And as said sometime ago, France and Portugal are on your trail. France has PSG, Portugal has Porto and Italy-

Really, you can curse the Italian Federation. Their job is horrendous and they are a bunch of corrupted flask male reproductive systems.

Barry's a really good player at what he does, he's very under appreciated, quite like Carrick.

These two players have been getting way too much credit recently. It's not to their credit that United and City only have one player of their type in their squads.

Clegg

De Gea should just be told to boot the ball into the back of his own net as soon as the game kicks off.

Then United can start actually playing.

Random italian TV: Milan close to hire Frank Rijkard.

Galliani: we won't fire Allegri tonigh/before saturday (when we'll be vs Genoa at home).

Meier

Literally the worst defense in Europe. Have conceded goals in 15 straight games and only have one clean sheet this season. Not good company to be in.

That's all we have too (3-0 vs Sunderland). :( I have no fucking clue what's happened.. Kompany has looked positively average at best. Signed a big fat contract and turned to shit.

Top Bottom