• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
A big meh from me

Impressive stuff but also a bit pointless it's not like the moon landing no matter how hard some people on my twitter seem to want it to be

Yes I'm grumpy today

At least this really happened

jJLOm.gif

LOL

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well landing on the moon was a first!

Guys, how good/bad was Shadows of the Damned? I'm not sure I trust Suda.

Clegg

I really can't see last year as a humiliation tbh. We were shit for the vast majority of last season and only got back into the race because of Mancinis tactical ineptitude.

The way we lost the league still hurts but I didn't find it humiliating .

Arnie

I really can't see last year as a humiliation tbh. We were shit for the vast majority of last season and only got back into the race because of Mancinis tactical ineptitude.

Sorry, should've put 'United humiliated' in quote marks; it's how Sky described the 6-1 demolishing at Old Trafford.

Clegg

Sorry, should've put 'United humiliated' in quote marks; it's how Sky described the 6-1 demolishing at Old Trafford.
That was definitely humiliating.

But for the life of me, I still don't know how we managed to be 60 seconds away from winning the league title.

After the 1-6, City should have cruised their way to the title.

Bumhead

Banned
Guys, how good/bad was Shadows of the Damned? I'm not sure I trust Suda.

I enjoyed it. Only paid about £10 for it which probably helped that enjoyment, but I found it a fun and enjoyable ride. One or two irritating sections but nothing to truly spoil the experience.

A very good example of that "middle tier" of gaming everybody complains about disappearing these days.

FootballFan

how can Cules endure Alves while criticizing Pepe blows my mind.

As Andres says above, Alves is a cunt but Pepe is a thug.

I remember watching him kicking and assaulting that Getafe player, I could not believe what I was watching. Such a random out burst,
I thought he would get psychological tests and maybe be suspended from football for mental reasons.

The guy didn't even do anything lol, he just fell over because Pepe pushed him. Then it took Pepe about 5 minutes to accept the red card and walk off the field(actually had to be dragged off).
Psycho.. (not even mentioning all his diving, stomping on Messis hand, over the top rough challenges etc)

edit
forgot how when he got that red against Getafe he slapped a player, punched another then went to yell at the first player he kicked :lol Casillas had to stop him.

--god damn at that gif. She may be annoying as fuck but i'd tear that up

5aHcC.gif

The season as a whole was an unmitigated failure though.

No trophies. Lost 6-1 at home, to City no less. Lost to Blackburn at home. Out of the CL in the group stages.

Pretty much our worst season for 5/6 years.

We have to win the league this season. Just have to. We won't win the CL, it's very unlikely at least, so it has to be the league. FA Cup would be nice but not enough.

Marcelo broke his foot? Damn, fucking injuries.

Kuba vs Marcelo would have been awesome. Now it's like Perisic against Arbeloa, that's boring lol

elsk

Banned
Marcelo broke his foot? Damn, fucking injuries.

Kuba vs Marcelo would have been awesome. Now it's like Perisic against Arbeloa, that's boring lol

I'm expecting (from right to left): Goetze, Reus, Perisic. Because of the injuries. Maybe with Reus in the center you can expect more goals vs. RM :eek:

I'm expecting (from right to left): Goetze, Reus, Perisic. Because of the injuries. Maybe with Reus in the center you can expect more goals vs. RM :eek:

I'm not even sure we're playing a 4-2-3-1 against Madrid. The 4-3-3 worked extremely well against City, maybe Perisic isn't playing at all. He's still a bit of a liability defensively, Klopp might go with Bender-Gündogan-Kehl in the center.

pulga

Banned
Fucking Marcelo.

About to go bungee jumping. First time. Wish me luck. If I die, please throw my ashes in Messis face and hopefully Ill blind that motherfucker from the grave.

Fucking Marcelo.

About to go bungee jumping. First time. Wish me luck. If I die, please throw my ashes in Messis face and hopefully Ill blind that motherfucker from the grave.

Will do. If I can't get close enough to Messi I will mix it up with coke and have you life on inside of the youth in Denmark.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Fucking Marcelo.

lol I'll throw them in Ronaldo's face even better

Will do. If I can't get close enough to Messi I will mix it up with coke and have you life on inside of the youth in Denmark.

wat. Coke is popular in Denmark? You got some on you?

Noticed I got Abbiati in a gold pack. new keeper yay

Put Sahiin up for 1000 coins. Seems to be the going rate

Clegg

The season as a whole was an unmitigated failure though.

No trophies. Lost 6-1 at home, to City no less. Lost to Blackburn at home. Out of the CL in the group stages.

Pretty much our worst season for 5/6 years.

We have to win the league this season. Just have to. We won't win the CL, it's very unlikely at least, so it has to be the league. FA Cup would be nice but not enough.

I agree that last season was a failure. But when you look at it objectively we were shit for 90% of all our matches. I can't really be that surprised at our failure to win the league when I think about how bad we actually performed. I was upset at the manner in which we lost the league but I definitely wasn't surprised by our failure.

I'm not sure we'll win the league this season but I'm pleased that we may have found a solution to our midfield problems. The Newcastle performance was Uniteds best in quite a while. Now we just need to sort out our defence. A new CM is still needed too. Scholes and Giggs will be gone at the end of the season imo, so we'll need to bolster our numbers. And he needs to be decent too. We can't just buy a player for the sake of it.

Top Bottom