• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Linius

Are we naming random transfers?

Iniesta to Man City as player-coach.

I recently found out Davids is player/coach at Barnet FC nowadays :p

Bf1EZ.jpg

Clegg

It gets confusing when you realize that the original Ronaldo was actually called Ronaldinho when he started playing for Brazil.

LegoArmo

Wanyama isn't signing a new contract with Celtic, that's upsetting. Still an age to go on his current one, but probably off in January or the summer.

I hope Celtic at least get a fair price. In a world where young English and Welsh midfielders go for well in excess of £10m.

Meier

Well yea, isn't adding the 'dinho' kind of like a term of endearment? Meaning young or little Ronaldo?

There was a Ronaldo who played CB for Brazil who went by Ronaldinho as well and I think that made Fatnaldo just go by Ronaldo.. then Ronaldinho Gaucho came along and took that name away from the other dude too. :p I Wiki says there was also a long-serving GK who went by Ronaldo at the time in Brazil but he didn't get much national team love (1 cap).

dc89

In the last couple of days we have heard and read stories linking former director of football Txiki Beguiristain and Manchester City. In fact, nothing new has happened regarding that issue for more than a week. A fact: Txiki met recently City chief executive Ferran Soriano for lunch in Barcelona. Conversations about City took place. It is very likely that Txiki ends up in England and the decision will be taken before Christmas. But Spurs has to be heard to. Will Txiki go to England? I'm pretty sure he will. We will see what club.

http://sulia.com/channel/la-liga/f/c0cae351-b84f-4185-9dce-c5d7488d3d92/?source=twitter

Where Txiki goes.....
Pep will follow

Meier

Wanyama isn't signing a new contract with Celtic, that's upsetting. Still an age to go on his current one, but probably off in January or the summer.

I hope Celtic at least get a fair price. In a world where young English and Welsh midfielders go for well in excess of £10m.

His valuation has been quoted as £10m since the summer when City and United (and maybe Liverpool? One other club as I recall) were apparently interested. I guess we'll see what happens between now and then.

Yeah, I mentioned it last night. Keeping my fingers crossed! Even if it doesn't lead to Pep, I know Txiki was instrumental in many facets of Barcelona's success. He'd be great at getting the academy up and running effectively.

Mastadon

Banned

He'll do very well in the Premier League. He's looked really classy every time I've watched him play.

LegoArmo

His valuation has been quoted as £10m since the summer when City and United (and maybe Liverpool? One other club as I recall) were apparently interested. I guess we'll see what happens between now and then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20097767

Obviously inflating it a bit, but I would honestly only want him to go if it was above £15m and towards £20m. That's unheard of in Scottish football though. He'll go for £4m and we'll have to like it.

Meier

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20097767

Obviously inflating it a bit, but I would honestly only want him to go if it was above £15m and towards £20m. That's unheard of in Scottish football though. He'll go for £4m and we'll have to like it.

Shows what the Champions League can do for a player (and club)! I think you're right in that he'd probably go closer to £15m (at least) anyway if multiple teams remained interested.

Yen

Shows what the Champions League can do for a player (and club)! I think you're right in that he'd probably go closer to £15m (at least) anyway if multiple teams remained interested.

Jelavic was the best striker in the league, and he only went for £7m.

Meier

Honestly, what does it sound like to you? Must be complete gibberish

I don't remember if I went through posting it or not, but I initially had a reply typed to Linius' link to the Agger header/goal about how harsh Dutch sounds. Sorry guys, it's not pleasant. :(

Linius

I don't remember if I went through posting it or not, but I initially had a reply typed to Linius' link to the Agger header/goal about how harsh Dutch sounds. Sorry guys, it's not pleasant. :(

Dutch is awesome, but it's a tough language to learn for foreigners. Though Danish footballers don't seem to have many troubles with our language :lol

Yeah it's certainly no French :lol

I understand that some consonants will make it sound like someone choking on a chainsaw. At least we can still make fun of Germans because they sounds like they're always yelling.

Jack van Gelder <3

Dutch is awesome, but it's a tough language to learn for foreigners. Though Danish footballers don't seem to have many troubles with our language :lol
Yeah it's really surprising to hear Erikssen and the like give full interviews in Dutch. Mad props. Kenneth Pérez' Dutch is amazing, almost completely flawless.

Wooden should learn Dutch.

Top Bottom