• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Best hoofball player I've seen!

That would be a tossup between Carroll and Nolan

@Clegg, from my experience of RAWK, almost everyone admits that Scholes is/was a brilliant player, but they latch onto the tackles as the discussion point because hey, why would a Liverpool fan want to sing the praises of a Man Utd player?

LegoArmo

50 mil seems high to me.

I think he'll be the biggest player to move from Brazil, ever. Not necessarily on skill, but on popularity, marketability, and potential.

Especially if he helps Brazil win the World Cup at home. There'll be Neymar-mania.

Messi

Brazil won't be winning the World Cup

spain-national-football-team-crest.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Barcelona's annual report says the club has a long term commitment in place to spend €40m of which €10m has already been paid down.

Most people think it's a reference to Neymar.

Yeah, seems cheap to me. Marketability wise as well as ability, that's what... £35m? Can't see him going for less than £50m.

Berlusconi going to jail? Oh me, oh my.

For sure? Damn girl. Dat bunga bunga courtyard party

Clegg

I don't think Brazil will win it. The pressure of a home tournament will be huge and I don't think their team is good enough tbh.

GorillaJu

Brazil is in a perpetual state of having young potential. Spain are also in this state, but also have incredible experienced players as well.

Meier

Neymar is the type of transfer that would pay for itself within a year, like Ronaldo to Madrid.

Easily. In a day really. The guy is already an icon and will only get bigger when he moves to Europe.. I can't wait to see it happen.

Regarding his valuation, his transfer to Real that ended up being shot down was for £53m in November of 2011. I don't expect he'd go for notably less than that at this point (or in the future).

However, the Brazilian said in September he hopes interest in his signature will be renewed after next summer's London 2012 Olympics, and ESPNsoccernet understands a £53 million deal is in place to bring him to the Bernabeu.

A source said: "Neymar will be a Real Madrid player in July, but he is not going there any earlier. He has not signed a contract as yet."

Neymar is expected to join Real on a contract worth £1 million-a-month, while image rights, commercial agreements and the transfer fee could see the deal total around £150 million.

Santos are yet to agree a release date for the sale of Neymar, but it is anticipated his switch to Real will go through next summer, despite interest from elsewhere, including Premier League side Chelsea, who have reportedly been priced out of a deal.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...r-neymar-to-join-real-madrid-for-L53m?cc=5901

LegoArmo

I tried Domino's new Ring Of Fire crust last night. I just want to warn fellow fast food Gaffers that the name is not a lie. My mouth is still burning.

Meier

If City actually sign Jovetic, which of their strikers will they sell to accommodate him? Dzeko or Balotelli?

I think a lot of it will depend on the Mancini situation. If he's on his way out, I'd expect Mario would go. I doubt many other managers would be willing to put up with his shenanigans. Dzeko provides a different wrinkle as well that Jovetic couldn't replicate.

Top Bottom