• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Blablurn

played almost 30 hours of fifa 13. and 20 hours of sleeping dogs. gaming has me back bitches! i <3 my laptop. abandoning the ps3 was a good idea.

played almost 30 hours of fifa 13. and 20 hours of sleeping dogs. gaming has me back bitches! i <3 my laptop. abandoning the ps3 was a good idea.

:lol

geTXw.png

Linius

Netherlands U-21 is going to the Euros next year :D

And music loving people, check out Rats from the Belgian band Balthazar. They're awesome!

Promoting some Benelux music here.

So the new FM looks really good and I think a Network Game would be really good this year! They have new options where you can just set up a smaller league or even just play through a knockout cup only. We should sort out a Footy-Gaf game!

Eurgh Origin.

It really isn't that bad. You also didn't reply to my question about the Playstation All Stars beta! Is it for every Vita owner or just Plus members?

Yen

Origin is so much quicker than Steam, but I had to uninstall it because eww EA.

Edit: just found out the Bayer in Bayer Leverkusen is a pharmaceutical company. My whole life has been a lie.

dc89

Erm! I think Vita owners in the US get it tomorrow and EU on Wednesday.

I'm not sure when PSN+ members get it, hopefully at the same time!

Origin is so much quicker than Steam, but I had to uninstall it because eww EA.

Edit: just found out the Bayer in Bayer Leverkusen is a pharmaceutical company. My whole life has been a lie.

Origin used to work pretty damn well for me but recently it had just started being so unresponsive and often takes like 30 seconds before I can click on any of the game icons, got a few smaller annoyances like that but it's enough to make you hate using it.

So the new FM looks really good and I think a Network Game would be really good this year! They have new options where you can just set up a smaller league or even just play through a knockout cup only. We should sort out a Footy-Gaf game!

Yup it's great news about the shorter tournaments for network games. Have tried playing offline network games before and after playing for like 20 hours straight still have only completed half a season.

FootballFan

Not true. Maradona won it by pretty much by himself in '86. I don't think I can even name a player other than Maradona from that side.

They had Valdano, Passarella(one of the highest scoring defenders of all time, 140 goals lol) and a couple others, some players were still there from the 1978 winning world cup squad, surely that has to count for something.

Maradona only scored once in the group stage and then didn't score again until the quarter final vs England. In the end it is a team game, Maradona became clutch in the important stages, scoring 2 in the quarters and 2 in the semis. In the final he didn't score, but his team still won. He certainly didn't do it by himself.

Well to be fair, anything with peanut butter in it is automatically repulsive.

That is true.

Peanut butter? NUTELLA!

nutella-not-healthy.jpg

Yurt... I don't know how but everything you say I always agree with*. Nutella #1

*Except your hate for Napoli.

Erm! I think Vita owners in the US get it tomorrow and EU on Wednesday.

I'm not sure when PSN+ members get it, hopefully at the same time!

Sweet, have a Vita and PS+ on ps3. My body is ready for both.

Meier

dc, you're my Vita man. I bought Chrono Cross and am finally playing it for the first time. What did you use when playing the other recent PS1 Classics. Should I set fast loading and stuff? Can I somehow make the digital stick actually function for movement or do I need to stick with the d-pad?

Edit: I have NFC what is going on with this crazy combat.

dc89

dc, you're my Vita man. I bought Chrono Cross and am finally playing it for the first time. What did you use when playing the other recent PS1 Classics. Should I set fast loading and stuff? Can I somehow make the digital stick actually function for movement or do I need to stick with the d-pad?

Edit: I have NFC what is going on with this crazy combat.

Never played Chrono Cross or Chrono Trigger for that matter :( I used fast loading yes, and I don't think you can map the sticks to anything.

The guys in the general Vit thread are more knowledgable than me though, especially Carl.

They had Valdano, Passarella(one of the highest scoring defenders of all time, 140 goals lol) and a couple others, some players were still there from the 1978 winning world cup squad, surely that has to count for something.

Maradona only scored once in the group stage and then didn't score again until the quarter final vs England. In the end it is a team game, Maradona became clutch in the important stages, scoring 2 in the quarters and 2 in the semis. In the final he didn't score, but his team still won. He certainly didn't do it by himself.

Didn't he set up the winning goal in the final? I know he got a ton of assists in that tournament. I remember watching a programme on him at the '86 World Cup. He was their captain, he was involved in pretty much everything. I don't think it's unfair to say he won them that World Cup.

K1LLER7

Meier try Vagrant Story if you haven't already. Bought it on Saturday, great game and cheap.

Btw anyone know when Sony Smash Bros is out in the UK?

Meier

Meier try Vagrant Story if you haven't already. Bought it on Saturday, great game and cheap.

Btw anyone know when Sony Smash Bros is out in the UK?

I started Vagrant Story back in the day.. bought the PS1 disc on eBay or maybe in a Gamestop used bin or something. It didn't really hook me to be honest. :( I can't remember what I wasn't a huge fan of though as it has been some years.

Edit: Chrono Cross has used mate, bloody hell and bugger thus far. I guess they went with a Euro localization (localisation if you will) back in the day or maybe this character Kid is English.

dc, you must play Chrono Trigger.. it's absolutely fantastic. Snag the DS port, I believe it is very cheap at this point. I bought it at launch and it was entirely worth it (I didn't play it on the SNES either).

K1LLER7

I started Vagrant Story back in the day.. bought the PS1 disc on eBay or maybe in a Gamestop used bin or something. It didn't really hook me to be honest. :( I can't remember what I wasn't a huge fan of though as it has been some years.
I played it for around 2-3 hours so far and I'm liking it although it does have its faults.

Also stopped playing Gravity Rush half way through it. Want to finish that before carrying on with other games.

23rd of November according to my ShopTo pre-order.
Thanks, might pick this up.

Yen

dc, you must play Chrono Trigger.. it's absolutely fantastic. Snag the DS port, I believe it is very cheap at this point. I bought it at launch and it was entirely worth it (I didn't play it on the SNES either).

I haven't seen it under £30. It's very hard to get.
edit: ok, £18 on Amazon. Christmas!

Splatt

Edit: Chrono Cross has used mate, bloody hell and bugger thus far. I guess they went with a Euro localization (localisation if you will) back in the day or maybe this character Kid is English.

I remember reading that the developer of CC made their own accent generator or something like that... In any case, characters are paper thin so it doesn't really matter what comes out of their mouth.

Awesome music tho'. My favorite soundtrack.

Fintan

Thursday night comedy shows is probably a better combo. 30 Rock, Community, Sunny, Parks & Rec, The Office (at one time) etc.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man, the news about Bar Refaeli always been around Barca players and she distracting them is lol.

I'd love to have her around my house and distract me all day long.

Clegg

For three glorious years The Wire, Deadwood and Carnivale where all aired by HBO.

I know that they were broadcast at different times of the year so probably don't fit the criteria on this topic.

But fuck it, they were brilliant shows.

Top Bottom