• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Peanut butter? NUTELLA!

nutella-not-healthy.jpg

Meier

Yeap

Meier, these are flapjacks

What?

Flapjacks and pancakes are like, two, completely, totally different things.

'Murica...

Meus' pic isn't showing up for me but I googled them to try and figure out what you might be referring to.. WTF, that looks just like a granola bar or something. O_O You guys are weird -- flapjacks were always pancakes.. why would you randomly start calling another food by something else's name (even if the original term was already used in your country)?!

Fintan

Over here what I would call a pancake is something close to a crêpe; when you guys say pancake do you mean something like that or something else?

How is Blizzard wanting to make a game called Blizzard DoTA not the same? They wanted to use that name, that's worse IMO!

because it was a map in their own game lol. It's not the same, at all

Beaten. DotA was originally a game in Starcraft and Warcraft III. That's a huge reason why there was a legal battle between Blizzard and Valve regarding the DOTA/DotA/Defense of the Ancients/etc. name. Also, the Warcraft III DotA was developed by the League of Legends guys. MOBAs all came from that WCIII UMS game called Defense of the Ancients or DotA for short.

Yeah, I've never had the second type. I think a saw a friend of mine cook some in a toaster before though.
Wait what. That's proper ghetto man

I don't like the thick American pancakes, give me some of those thin crepes any day of the week (Dutch pancakes are actually slightly thicker and bigger). The proper Dutch pannenkoek is with bacon and stroop. So good

Or even better
poffertjes-groot.gif

Poffertjes motherfuckers

Meier

All sandwich spreads are disgusting when used in sandwiches. Including butter.

I'm lazy so I eat at least 1 or 2 PB&Js for dinner every week (usually on a gym night when we get home at like 7:45 or 8:00 and I can't be arsed). Sogood.gif

Making peri peri chicken for tea (nandos hot marinade) with roasted new potatoes in garlic and chilli and some peri peri rice

Winning

Jealous. I go to DC in January and there is apparently Nandos there. Gonna go HAM.

dc89

Beaten. DotA was originally a game in Starcraft and Warcraft III. That's a huge reason why there was a legal battle between Blizzard and Valve regarding the DOTA/DotA/Defense of the Ancients/etc. name. Also, the Warcraft III DotA was developed by the League of Legends guys. MOBAs all came from that WCIII UMS game called Defense of the Ancients or DotA for short.

So someone stole a game and now Blizzard are stealing it back? Case in point, Ideas are stolen.

---

guys, you know when lettering on football shirts starts to peel, does anyone have a good way of sticking it back?

Facism

Abdullah Avci, not content with rigidly forcing the back four to defend on the half-way line, decides Jem Karacan from Fulham is an apt replacement for Arda.

You know, the same guy who decides Nuri isn't good enough to start.

Jokes.

That thread is blowing up in OT (his fiancee broke up with him because she suspected he was unfaithful, led on by her friend).

Do you guys remember the thread where gaffers were stating they'd never "interfere" in a relationship by letting one of them know they were being cheated on, and yet themselves admitting they'd want to know if the roles were reversed? I don't even understand that

sneaky77

That thread is blowing up in OT (his fiancee broke up with him because she suspected he was unfaithful, led on by her friend).

Do you guys remember the thread where gaffers were stating they'd never "interfere" in a relationship by letting one of them know they were being cheated on, and yet themselves admitting they'd want to know if the roles were reversed? I don't even understand that

I have no idea what you talking about, or why you guys suffer reading those threads.. but if I found out my best friend was getting cheated on you can damn well I would tell him and hope he would tell me as well.

3Sixty

Apparently Alberto Seidi is in this Portugal U21 squad. He is a completely average youth player for us and is giving me doubts about betting on these dudes.

ATF487

I understand it.

People were worried that they would sabotage their relationship with their friend if they told them. They would want to know if the roles were reversed, because they anticipate that they could handle the information better than their friend would. It's probably selfish and a little arrogant, but it's not malicious

edit: Nutella is fucking weird

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Since 1986, Berlusconi has spent €600m on Milan, Moratti has spent €1 billion on Inter, Agnellis have spent €214m on Juve. (141 after 2006)

I actually had never had Nutella until about a month ago or so. Maybe more like 2 at this point.. my god, it's as good as I'd always heard. Heavenly.

I'd say you're about one month old then. You've been dead all along!

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Also, Löw is a joke. He basically said on Thursday that Schmelzer is shit and he'd replace him instantly if he had a decent other LB. Klopp had a long phone call with Löw and now Löw is saying that he didn't mean it that way and he's sorry.

Klopp is fucking boss.

Edit: Why are you guys not posting? Damn you international break

I didn't know Scotland wanted to be separate from the UK.

It seems like the majority don't. But from what I read its likely they're going to be sneaky and hold a referendum after the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, i.e. capitalise on that sense of national pride. Also they're letting 16/17 year olds vote which is stupid.

Top Bottom