• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_m59epfa6Bc1r8o3pe.jpg

Darko Kovačević “Vucinic and Cavani are both great players, but I prefer the Montenegrin. I hope that Juve can beat Napoli.”

vyx8wm.jpg

You'll need a Mourinho type quality manager but those type of managers don't hang around for as long as Fergie has.

Moyes will you be happy with him? He'll stick around but don't know if he can bring the success Utd fans expect.
Nope. I mean if he gets the job I'll be support him and whatnot, but I won't be happy about it.

But I honestly don't think Fergie is going anytime soon. He's saying 2/3 years but he's been saying that for ages. I don't think he will leave until his health means he has to.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Name me one stadium in Italy where there's more noise than in San Paolo.

I might be biased though due to books I've read about a Dutchie who went to Naples to live there, and got himself into the innercircle of hardcore Napoli supporters.

Ah feck it, I'm a Napoli fan! ;)

1596429495-20022011202541.jpg

Slizz

Big day for USA WC qualifying. Would love just an outright win but that will never happen.

Also, ESPN2 HD Spain vs. France.... Nice.

"Daniel Jensen is stuck in a power fight in Novara. Manager Attilio Tesser promised him a key role on the squad before the season but the director of sports disagreed, therefor he has never retrieved his players license and now can't play"

Fucking Serie a. :lol

Now he's begging for a Copenhagen contract, not sure if want.

faridmon

I have no hope. We are going to screw things up against Cyprus. Not enough talent in the squad at the moment, that and relying on old dogs, whom many of them haven't done much in their carrier makes me just hate this generation of fotballers in norway. What is the opposite of the Golden Generation?

At least the U21 is showing a bit more promise and are playing gainst France Tonight. I may watch that.

Clegg

Has anyone seen the longlist of nominees for the Ballon d'Or?

It's a bit of a joke that Balotelli and Lampard are on it.

Sergio Agüero
Xabi Alonso
Mario Balotelli
Jakub Błaszczykowski
Gianluigi Buffon
Iker Casillas
Petr Čech
Fábio Coentrão
Leslie Davies
Didier Drogba
Cesc Fàbregas
Zlatan Ibrahimović
Andrés Iniesta
Shinji Kagawa
Vincent Kompany
Frank Lampard
Lionel Messi
Luka Modrić
Mesut Özil
Pepe
Andrea Pirlo
Sergio Ramos
Raúl González
Cristiano Ronaldo
Wayne Rooney
David Silva
Fernando Torres
Yaya Touré
Robin van Persie
Xavi Hernández
Daniele De Rossi
Claudio Marchisio
Joe Hart
Antonio Di Natale

Meier

Balotelli was the star of the Euro Cup.. no surprise he'd be included. I think Lampard is included to have at least a few Englishmen included.

Leslie Davies of the Welsh Premier League is included. The list is quite diverse, if nothing else.

jtb

Banned
Eh. Lampard won CL, Balotelli won the league and scored two goals in the Euro semi against Germany. Undeserved (esp in Lampard's case), but understandable. More questionable is Raul? seriously?

What in the fuck is this :lol. "Turkey, strawberry jam and cereal sandwich" "Sounds like a sinners sandwich"

It's brilliant isn't it?

They pretty much just made twin peaks to start with, but then they had to delay the game and change some stuff because it was way too close to twin peaks and they would get sued. The game only got even more demented by that. It's like open world horror with so many weird characters, you can like drive around and stalk them lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3197ohYfUI&t=3m26s

Torres? Torres? Is that really the list?

Won champions league and one the golden boot at the euros, which he also won. Player of the forever!

That game is incredible! I never finished it but the whistle song and the way the enemies all shout "I don't want to die" is amazing. I will never forget that game :lol

Oh man, you missed some fantasticly dumb twists.

GorillaJu

Back from watching the game at my bar down the street. Trashed by Brazil. Help us, Zaccheroni. :(

Sergio Agüero
Xabi Alonso
Gianluigi Buffon
Iker Casillas
Leslie Davies (a Welsh PL player?!)
Zlatan Ibrahimović
Andrés Iniesta
Shinji Kagawa
Vincent Kompany
Lionel Messi
Luka Modrić
Mesut Özil