• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Slizz

There's never been a more appropriate time for dc to post his gif of city winning the pl than now.

I want my invite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manchester-United-v-Fulham-Robin-van-Persie-p_2817196.jpg

Zabojnik

Who can blame them?
By far the most interesting club in Italy, and imo definitely the best fans.

Name me one stadium in Italy where there's more noise than in San Paolo.

I might be biased though due to books I've read about a Dutchie who went to Naples to live there, and got himself into the innercircle of hardcore Napoli supporters.

Ah feck it, I'm a Napoli fan! ;)

Welcome! :)

:)

A lot of my friends think United are going to be shite when they can't rely on the Fergie powerup any more. Personally, I think the effect will be offset a vastly improved ability to do decent business in the transfer market, i.e. sign a central midfielder or two.

baledive.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Name me one stadium in Italy where there's more noise than in San Paolo.

I might be biased though due to books I've read about a Dutchie who went to Naples to live there, and got himself into the innercircle of hardcore Napoli supporters.

Ah feck it, I'm a Napoli fan! ;)

One? Torino. It was pretty fucking LOUD that day.

is5QhM6ygU4xl.gif

And Welcome!!!
ibaW30ADr57oVm.gif

Kyoufu

A lot of my friends think United are going to be shite when they can't rely on the Fergie powerup any more. Personally, I think the effect will be offset a vastly improved ability to do decent business in the transfer market, i.e. sign a central midfielder or two.

baledive.gif

They'll end up like the Vita.

Fintan

Trying to work out a bet for tonight. Have it at 17 teams but I think I should cut it down a couple. Anyone got opinions on these matches?
Hungary-Turkey (I was going with Hungary.)
Slovakia-Greece (Right now I have draw.)

Most of the rest of today's games seem pretty obvious, I think.

baledive.gif
Will be a mental hurdle more than anything.

If we get a really top manager in, I don't think there will be a big problem.

Lightning

Banned
Will be a mental hurdle more than anything.

If we get a really top manager in, I don't think there will be a big problem.
You'll need a Mourinho type quality manager but those type of managers don't hang around for as long as Fergie has.

Moyes will you be happy with him? He'll stick around but don't know if he can bring the success Utd fans expect.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mickey Thomas on Bale:

"I've seen the best. I've seen Ronaldo; I've seen them all. He's on a par with them now.

"The only difference is they play for Barcelona with players like Messi. He's at Tottenham.

iYAi5pC1JkyGh.gif

Kozak

Banned
Trying to work out a bet for tonight. Have it at 17 teams but I think I should cut it down a couple. Anyone got opinions on these matches?

Hungary should be a good bet against Turkey but I'd leave that game entirely imo. Turkey is too wild and unpredictable to bet against/for.

Slovakia should be a good bet.

Facism

I'd leave the turkey game entirely. We play a terrible defensive game and have forwards who can't score, plus it's a coin-toss on whether the manager puts the best team out or just fucks about like an idiot and keeps nuri on the bench for 85 minutes.

If you really have to go for a bet, a draw or loss with a low amount of goals scored, if any.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol at Tottenham.

Can't even beat Newcastle when we play bad.

To be fair we played with a really meager squad that day. From what I recall, most of your first XI played whereas we were missing 3 crucial players (Ade, Dembele, Dempsey) and had Livermore in midfield trying to do Dembele's job. Vertonghen and Van Der Vaart also started on the bench (I wish VDV had stayed there after that brain-dead penalty he gave away).

We'll get you in the reverse fixture. Just like last year.

Kozak

Banned
I'm pretty sure the only way to be a starting eleven in the Turkish national team is to have a permanent scowl on your face and have the attitude of a thug.

Would explain why Nuri can't break in.

Hixx

rofl beat Spurs as Arsenal with an Adebayor pen last kick of game to make it 2-1. The lad (GeeDotEss) then started spamming party invites before sending me a message "i hope ur mum dies off cancer u cunt"

Classy.

Nyx

So Iraq - Australia started, and Tommy Oar and Adam Sarota are benched.

Insane! Especially Oar is finally playing to his potential at FC Utrecht, has to travel thousands of miles, and then gets benched...

Carbonox

rofl beat Spurs as Arsenal with an Adebayor pen last kick of game to make it 2-1. The lad (GeeDotEss) then started spamming party invites before sending me a message "i hope ur mum dies off cancer u cunt"

Classy.

:lol :lol

Btw Sunderland gonna make Newcastle look silly at the weekend.

Top Bottom