• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Clegg

Who is Leslie Davies?

He was nominated for the European Player of the Year award too.

”A jury of journalists from each of UEFA’s 53 member associations has provided a list of their best-ranked players. The players are ordered from one to five, with the first receiving five points, the second four points and so on.”

“On 14 August, UEFA.com will reveal the three players with the most points overall from the first round of voting. They will then proceed to the live vote in Monaco when the same journalists will use an electronic system to determine the winner from the three candidates.”
Welsh Journalists voted for Davies.

Lol, Balotelli the star of the Euros? He is the most over-rated player in Europe

Not even close, many people still don't rate him that highly, all while we got every pundit and so called experts ejaculating every time they see Bales face. Balotelli wasn't the greatest player of the euros, but he was no doubt in the top outside of Spains team. Not to forget the list also got Joe Hart, Coentrao and Pepe on it.

Yeah Balotelli was no way the star of the Euro's lol.

How is that list decided btw? Is it the top ranking players after the initial vote or is it a list compiled by FIFA and players only on that list can be voted for?

My shortlist would be:
Messi
Ronaldo
Iniesta
Casillas
Pirlo

That's it.

Not even close, many people still don't rate him that highly, all while we got every pundit and so called experts ejaculating every time they see Bales face. Balotelli wasn't the greatest player of the euros, but he was no doubt in the top outside of Spains team. Not to forget the list also got Joe Hart, Coentrao and Pepe on it.
Balotelli wasn't even the best player in the Italy team.

Kyoufu

That would be David Silva.

He was pretty good in the final though.

AND PRETTY TOO

Pd0Wi.jpg

Clegg

I'm now questioning the validity of this list. There is no Neymar and you know he'd be on any nomination for Ballon d'Or.

I actually think this might be the list for European Player of the Year.

Germany U21s doing okay, Russia gotta get going

Too bad Leitner isn't playing :(

Has anyone seen the longlist of nominees for the Ballon d'Or?

It's a bit of a joke that Balotelli and Lampard are on it.

Sergio Agüero
Xabi Alonso
Mario Balotelli
Jakub Błaszczykowski
Gianluigi Buffon
Iker Casillas
Petr Čech
Fábio Coentrão
Leslie Davies
Didier Drogba
Cesc Fàbregas
Zlatan Ibrahimović
Andrés Iniesta
Shinji Kagawa
Vincent Kompany
Frank Lampard
Lionel Messi
Luka Modrić
Mesut Özil
Pepe
Andrea Pirlo
Sergio Ramos
Raúl González
Cristiano Ronaldo
Wayne Rooney
David Silva
Fernando Torres
Yaya Touré
Robin van Persie
Xavi Hernández
Daniele De Rossi
Claudio Marchisio
Joe Hart
Antonio Di Natale

Kuba is already d'Or.

Meier

He was in his arse the star of the Euros.

That was Iniesta.

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. The Balotelli storyline was the bigger one because he was less heralded for his international team. Iniesta did what was expected of him and Spain.

His Hulk celebration was everywhere here in the States whereas no one batted an eye at another Spain victory. From this perspective, Mario was indeed the "star" of the Euros.

GAME can go fuck themselves

The guy who works at Gamestation in Reading with the ring in his bottom lip is fucking awesome

Anyone wanna buy a £37 Gamestation/GAME gift card from me?

Iraq leading against Australia looooooool

Nearly put taht on my accumulator, then I realised that I don't have a clue how good Australia are these days

Awesome. Martin Vingaard and Cesar Santin out helping making the tifos for our local derby agains Brøndby on Sunday

Uy07i.jpg

First place vs last place in the league, nearly sold out.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah Balotelli was no way the star of the Euro's lol.

How is that list decided btw? Is it the top ranking players after the initial vote or is it a list compiled by FIFA and players only on that list can be voted for?

My shortlist would be:
Messi
Ronaldo
Iniesta
Casillas
Pirlo

That's it.

Balotelli wasn't even the best player in the Italy team.

Well if we're going to include Iniesta (who was OKAY in the league) we might as well add Marchisio, who was brilliant in both.

spidye

Has anyone seen the longlist of nominees for the Ballon d'Or?

It's a bit of a joke that Balotelli and Lampard are on it.

Sergio Agüero
Xabi Alonso
Mario Balotelli
Jakub Błaszczykowski
Gianluigi Buffon
Iker Casillas
Petr Čech
Fábio Coentrão
Leslie Davies
Didier Drogba
Cesc Fàbregas
Zlatan Ibrahimović
Andrés Iniesta
Shinji Kagawa
Vincent Kompany
Frank Lampard
Lionel Messi
Luka Modrić
Mesut Özil
Pepe
Andrea Pirlo
Sergio Ramos
Raúl González
Cristiano Ronaldo
Wayne Rooney
David Silva
Fernando Torres
Yaya Touré
Robin van Persie
Xavi Hernández
Daniele De Rossi
Claudio Marchisio
Joe Hart
Antonio Di Natale

where did you find this list?

Anyone who reads it

GAME can go fuck themselves because they removed Dead Rising:OTR from the list of games that could be traded in for the 99p deals after publishing the list online, so I was one game short from being able to legitimately use the deal.

The guy in Gamestation told me that they were GAME up until a few months ago, and as they're part of the same company they run the same offers. He also sidestepped the red tape regarding Dead Rising, and ended up giving me a £37 gift card to cover the normal offer. I needed it done today to use the offer as it expires for Dishonored on Friday, and today was my only chance to go to Reading until the weekend

I want to sell the card because I rarely visit Gamestation or GAME, and buy most of my games elsewhere

Well if we're going to include Iniesta (who was OKAY in the league) we might as well add Marchisio, who was brilliant in both.
Perhaps.

But I do think Iniesta was quite a bit better than Marchisio at the Euro's, I think he was just a lot better than everybody else (except Pirlo maybe). And if I am being honest I'm going off the last 2/3 years in Iniesta's case, which technically you shouldn't I suppose.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Perhaps.

But I do think Iniesta was quite a bit better than Marchisio at the Euro's,

He was. But the league is based on 34-38 games.

Mario (and even Torres) was better than many strikers in 1-2 games, but when you look at his performance in 2011-2012 overall..

lol HSV.
St. Pauli>HSV

Hannover 96 is the true HSV anyway

St. Pauli is weird, I see them having merch shops and stuff at festivals here and... They sell surprisingly well. Can't help but feel half the people walking around with their logos all around doesn't care one bit about football.

spidye

St. Pauli is weird, I see them having merch shops and stuff at festivals here and... They sell surprisingly well. Can't help but feel half the people walking around with their logos all around doesn't care one bit about football.

I was just joking. I hate St. Pauli. they certainly are very weird.
but it seems you're right. It's probably more about the lifestyle than football

out of interest: where is here? in denmark?

faridmon

Just few month ago, Son was being slaughtered by Hanburg fans and the media for not playing well, and now, all of the suddden they like him. Fickle heart indeed.

Top Bottom