• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

doicare

Nope, if anybody thinks Clevgod is only good enough for the bench then you're an idiot.
This post makes no sense

Why would I or anyone be butthurt over an irrelevance?
If he's such an 'irrelevance' then why even comment about him in the first place.........?
I wondered why my arse was hurting, cheers doicare you've solved the mystery, It's because Tom Cleverley isn't very good!
Keep trying.
Shelvey > Cleverley.
Now that is funny

3Sixty

Clev wouldn't never have had a look in if United had a competent midfield.

He'd probably be plying his trade at Wigan while desperately looking through his family tree for ties to Wales and Ireland.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nope, if anybody thinks Clevgod is only good enough for the bench then you're an idiot.

I don't see any difference between Cleverley, Henderson, Livermore, Rodwell or any of these young England midfielders. They are all ordinary.

doicare

I don't see any difference between Cleverley, Henderson, Livermore, Rodwell or any of these young England midfielders. They are all ordinary.
Cleverley consistently has a passing accuracy of over 90%, very rarely gives the ball away, has a decent first touch, can take the ball under pressure, he's forward thinking and he can create goals.

Ushojax

We move the ball so fucking slowly. It's like the first half of United v Spurs again.

Cleverley consitantly has a passing accuracy of over 90%, very rarely gives the ball away, has a decent first touch, can take the ball under pressure, he's forward thinking and he can create goals.

So do all those players I listed. They are neat and tidy and that's it.

ShogunX

How can anyone say either way at the moment? Currently he's a decent midfielder who doesn't particularly stand out from other similar players in his age range and is playing for England mostly on the back of being a Man Utd player.

On the other hand he has a lot of potential that could see him be an important part of the Man Utd midfield for years to come.

Garjon

That was a terrible goal from Rooney, but a goal it is. If Poland's attacking players were more willing to take risks, they could easily have overturned this scoreline. Lescott has been utter dogshit and Jagielka has only shown ability in the air. Milner is toothless, no one is getting into space or even looking to try to be creative and Rooney's first touch is shocking.

It's basically England in a nutshell and I don't just mean the football team.

Moobabe

Cleverley consitantly has a passing accuracy of over 90%, very rarely gives the ball away, has a decent first touch, can take the ball under pressure, he's forward thinking and he can create goals.

How many assists does he have out of curiosity?

doicare

How can anyone say either way at the moment? Currently he's a decent midfielder who doesn't particularly stand out from other similar players in his age range and is playing for England mostly on the back of being a Man Utd player.

On the other hand he has a lot of potential that could see him be an important part of the Man Utd midfield for years to come.
If you don't think he stands out then all i can do is shake my head and shrug my shoulders

Rooney is the biggest culprit. I mean he's scored so good for him.

But you can call Cleverley average all you want. If he's that average in his preferred position, what on earth do you expect him to be like at LW? That is Hodgson's fault. Players are playing out of role. Carrick and Gerrard are operating some kind of flat midfield. That whole you sit I'll go bullshit.

Tactically it's just so basic.

Rooney is playing in his position and the onus is on him to make things happen. And he's been shit.

Clegg

If Hodgson is so insistent on playing Clev then why not start him in a three man midfield with Carrick and Gerrard.

The current midfield has little to no mobility and isn't functioning properly.

Salvadora

Bad news for Liverpool, this. Reds striker Fabio Borini will be out for THREE MONTHS with a broken foot. He sustained the injury in his side's defeat by Manchester United last month and aggravated the problem on Italian Under-21 duty last week.

That leaves Luiz Suarez and, er, Luis Suarez as Liverpool's fit senior striker. He has been away on international duty with Uruguay and I reckon Reds boss Brendan Rodgers will wrap him up in cotton wool and/or bubble wrap for the flight home from South America.
Bad news.

Ushojax

Oh man, thats a pretty big blow for Liverpool, not like Borini was putting them in left and right but still.

For £10m I expected more from him. They could have bought a much better player for that money.

Jagielka looool

Clegg

Liverpool have confirmed Fabio Borini is to undergo an operation on a fractured bone in his foot.

The forward originally sustained an injury to the area during the recent Anfield clash with Manchester United.

He then further aggravated the problem resulting in a fracture and returned from international duty with Italy last week.
This is a massive management fuckup on Liverpools part.

If they knew he was injured then why keep playing him?

United did this with Vidic and he's out for another six weeks.

operon

If he's such an 'irrelevance' then why even comment about him in the first place.........?

Keep trying.

Now that is funny

Thought you only posted after united games and that's when they lose and you tell us the info about their injuries

Garjon

For £10m I expected more from him. They could have bought a much better player for that money.

Jagielka looool
He did look good for Roma, plus he knew Brendan Rodgers at Chelsea. I'm not sure what's happened to him at Liverpool but his confidence is totally shot.

Top Bottom