• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Clegg

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers wants his players to "man up" in the face of injuries as they look to battle through until January with a limited squad.
The Reds have only two senior strikers after failing to replace Andy Carroll, who joined West Ham on loan.
"We are going to be stretched to the limit between now and January,"

"I've spoken to the players and told them if you get little niggles or little injuries you've got to man up."
Congrats, Brendan.

ShogunX

Well i'm glad you proved me wrong, thanks for settling the Cleverley debate.

How exactly can I prove you wrong? I don't see Cleverly as a stand out player - You do. The only thing that can prove either one of us to be wrong or right is time itself. Sadly I cant control it.

doicare

How exactly can I prove you wrong? I don't see Cleverly as a stand out player - You do. The only thing that can prove either one of us to be wrong or right is time itself. Sadly I cant control it.
Just out of interest, what 'stats' would it take for a 23 year old central midfield player to stand out for you?

pulga

Banned
I'd like to direct all your Cleverly moaning and focus on this godly picture:

pro_photo1350486786.jpg

<3

I never thought Borini was anything more than decent at Roma. I bemoaned his inclusion in the Italian national team for the Euros, and he subsequently hasn't featured (and, hint, this has nothing to do with him moving to a foreign league). He's mobile and decent holding up the ball but I don't think he's £10m worthy at the moment. He's young so he might get there but not in today's market.

vincenzo_iaquinta.jpg

Seriously. I've always thought with his pace and strength he'd do very well in England. And he'll only have 6 months on his contract in January so we'd take next to nothing. Actually, we'd probably take nothing.

Tc91

This is a massive management fuckup on Liverpools part.

If they knew he was injured then why keep playing him?

United did this with Vidic and he's out for another six weeks.

Cause they didn't buy another striker lolol.

Bet they wish they had Andy Carroll now. He's better than having no backup striker if Suarez gets injured diving for a penalty.

So I see the Swansea players are complaining about Laudrup, that took even less time than I imagined but it always happens with his, the arrogant prick.

doicare

Considering that some people practically worship him as a god, how bout walking on water for a start
Do Opta track that stat? If they did then it would be 100% walking on water per game.
cleverly is already 23? pff.. I can name at least 10 players that are better and younger than him.
I could do with a laugh, name 10 central midfield players who are younger than 23 and are 'better' than him.

faridmon

So I see the Swansea players are complaining about Laudrup, that took even less time than I imagined but it always happens with his, the arrogant prick.

Lol, I love the guy, whatever he does. TBH with you, the English players are such fickle group. One week they love him, the next, they blmae him.

He is arrogant though.
I could do with a laugh, name 10 central midfield players who are younger than 23 and are 'better' than him.

5 of them from Everton.

Arnie

Surprise surprise, against a competent team Cleverley looks out of his depth. So overrated. If he played for Villa he wouldn't be near this starting lineup.

Striker needed for Liverpool in January goes without saying, and was required before Borini got injured. Levandowski plz Brenny.

faridmon

Surprise surprise, against a competent team Cleverley looks out of his depth. So overrated. If he played for Villa he wouldn't be near this starting lineup.

Striker needed for Liverpool in January goes without saying, and was required before Borini got injured. Levandowski plz Brenny.

Is Evilore really that good? I did watch Dortmund here and there, but from what I have seen its a more collective effort, rather than a singuler influence.

He had that miss against City as well.

Lol, I love the guy, whatever he does. TBH with you, the English players are such fickle group. One week they love him, the next, they blmae him.

He is arrogant though.

Same thing happened to him in Brøndby, Spartak Moscow and Getafe, think even Mallorca but I can't remember for sure, so the clear pattern of him being terrible at man management is there. :p

Top Bottom