• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Garjon

It's been coming for approximately 70 minutes. He was unmarked; even if Joe Hart had stayed in the goal, he probably would have had a goal there.

jtb

Banned
Borini out for three months? I mean, as if Liverpool didn't have enough trouble scoring goals as it is... Wonder if we'll see Sterling or some other emergency type striker in the Europa League and the cups to save Suarez for the league.

Clegg

Do Opta track that stat? If they did then it would be 100% walking on water per game.

I could do with a laugh, name 10 central midfield players who are younger than 23 and are 'better' then him.

Wilshere, Strootman, Thiago, Kwadwo Asamoah, Gundogan, Kroos, Leitner, Sahin (just turned 24)

Meier

Lescott did Joe no favors.

England will have themselves to blame if they draw or lose. Too many real chances that weren't converted.

Arnie

Haha so butthurt.
:lol

We've got a midfielder three years younger who's already a better player. I hold no secret bitterness towards 'Ickle Tom. Like JM7, though, I don't particularly enjoy seeing him be generally pants in important England games.

Clegg

Surprise surprise, against a competent team Cleverley looks out of his depth. So overrated. If he played for Villa he wouldn't be near this starting lineup.

Striker needed for Liverpool in January goes without saying, and was required before Borini got injured. Levandowski plz Brenny.

I don't think Liverpool have the money for Lewandowski tbh.

He'd cost £20m at least.

confuziz

Banned
I could do with a laugh, name 10 central midfield players who are younger than 23 and are 'better' than him.

I'm glas you asked.

Isco (Malaga), Strootman (PSV), Fer (FC Twente), Verratti (PSG), Coutinho (Inter), Xhaka (Gladbach), Gotze (Dortmund), Holtby (Schalke), Kroos (Bayern Munchen), Labyad (Sporting).

And then I haven't even listed the ones from the PL..

faridmon

Same thing happened to him in Brøndby, Spartak Moscow and Getafe, think even Mallorca but I can't remember for sure, so the clear pattern of him being terrible at man management is there. :p

Sure, but Swansea should have done some reasearch on that before hiring him. With the age of Internett, any information is easily available.

Yen

He'd cost £20m at least.

Could see Liverpool spending something like that in January but not on a striker, purely based on the fact that B-Rod is insistent on playing Suarez as a false 9. If we sign a striker for big money, the system needs changing.

Until Jan, just alternate betwixt Morgan, Yesil and Ngoo, starting and on the bench.

Arnie

He'd cost £20m at least.
Mate, we've saved £20 million this season on wages alone, not factoring in £25 million from Warrior, and other commercial ventures on top of that. Plus £17 million for Carroll.

We're going in big on our front line in January and/or summer, everyone at the club knows it.

Salvadora

OXdfm.jpg

6xec8.jpg

qiCzA.jpg

gULnS.jpg

kharma45

Mate, we've saved £20 million this season on wages alone, not factoring in £25 million from Warrior, and other commercial ventures on top of that. Plus £17 million for Carroll.

We're going in big on our front line in January and/or summer, everyone at the club knows it.

I'd hope January as summer might be too late to attract top-ish names.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why is Milner still out there? Lennon is sitting right there on the bench!

jtb

Banned

I wouldn't be so sure—why didn't FSG invest big in the summer window? January window has far more misses than hits, and it might be too late to salvage anything from the season by that point anyways. Having said that, I think Liverpool's biggest hurdle will be no CL football rather than wages/fee.

Also, what's the terms for the Carroll deal? West Ham stay up, they have to pay 17m? If so, that's a pretty fucking great return for Liverpool (even taking into account the 35m).

doicare

:lol

We've got a midfielder three years younger who's already a better player. I hold no secret bitterness towards 'Ickle Tom. Like JM7, though, I don't particularly enjoy seeing him be generally pants in important England games.
Haha give me a shout when your three years younger 'better' player actually does something, and if you think Cleverley has been pants in this game then there's not really a lot left to say.
I'm glas you asked.

Isco (Malaga), Strootman (PSV), Fer (FC Twente), Verratti (PSG), Coutinho (Inter), Xhaka (Gladbach), Gotze (Dortmund), Holtby (Schalke), Kroos (Bayern Munchen), Labyad (Sporting).

And then I haven't even listed the ones from the PL..
Oh dear over half those players are worse or being VERY generous the same level.

Arnie

I'd hope January as summer might be too late to attract top-ish names.
That's a fallacy.

We got Nuri after two seasons of utter incompetence, another six months won't hurt. Liverpool are still a huge institution across Europe, no matter how much the premier league punters bleat the opposite.

confuziz

Banned
Haha give me a shout when your three years younger 'better' player actually does something, and if you think Cleverley has been pants in this game then there's not reallt a lot left to say.

Oh dear over half those players are worse or being VERY generous the same level.

Like you ever even watch any match except for united ones..

And yes, each player listed there is a few levels above Cleverley. Take off the glasses.

Clegg

tbh I can't see Lewandowski leaving while Dortmund are still in the CL.

Liverpool may have the money to spend but they may want to lower their expectations on who they can actually get.

Arnie

Haha give me a shout when your three years younger 'better' player actually does something, and if you think Cleverley has been pants in this game then there's not reallt a lot left to say.
Was Cleverley in the senior England squad three years ago?

Was he fuck, he was on a treatment table most likely. In terms of achievement cast against age Jonjo's dicking on little Tom.

operon

That's a fallacy.

We got Nuri after two seasons of utter incompetence, another six months won't hurt. Liverpool are still a huge institution across Europe, no matter how much the premier league punters bleat the opposite.

Exactly. Life can be tough as a Liverpool fan what with all the Jealously directed at us, the injuries/lack of strikers etc.

Then doicare shows up to brighten up your day

Top Bottom