• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Undeserved equalizer.

Chelsea completely outclassed all evening.

Refereeing incompetence kept Chelsea in this one.

United should make up some bollocks about the referee abusing Welbeck.

Were you simply messing around here or actually being serious?

K1LLER7

Feel sorry for Chicha, he'll probably find himself on the bench against Arsenal but walk into other teams on his current form.

Think Fergie will stick with the 4-5-1 against Arsenal. Wonder if he'll play Rafael. Guessing he'll give him a break in the CL game where hopefully Smalling will get a game. Buttner needs to improve defensively.

On Sunday I though it was very easy for RVP to get free from Luiz.

I know RVP is one of the best strikers in the world but I still thought Luiz should have done better than he did.

At the 0-2 goal? That was Cahil and Ivan in there around RVP who got cheated with a small run, Luiz was out trying to cover the left back as Cole was not there.

Blablurn

2,w=658,c=0.bild.jpeg

K1LLER7

Luiz could make a better DM than a CB. His passing isn't bad, but he's prone a mistake here and there.

Not happy that we missed out on Hazard/Lucas. But James would make me forget about them if we got him. I'd prefer bale though.

doicare

Even if the ref got it wrong (which I don't think he did) then Chelsea didn't cheat, you said they did I pointed out you were wrong no more no less
'Cheat' is a turn of phrase, United didn't 'cheat' when Hernandez scored an offside goal last weekend yet plenty of people called United cheats after the game. Whatever word you want to use to label the situation go ahead, but the fact is last weekend United had a similar amount of bad decisions go against them compared to Chelsea, yet people called United all manner of things and going in to tonights game felt some kind of pathetic 'justice' needed to happen. And now i'm sure for many months to come people will ignore everything that goes against United & highlight all the incorrect decisions that favour them as further 'proof' that they are right.

K1LLER7

Yeah.

United didn't cheat, but Chelsea can't help but feel aggravated. The Justice comments are justified but shouldn't be directed at 'United' rather at 'refereeing mistakes'.
Juve need to be involved in these discussions :p

hopefully it calms down now, Chelsea can continue playing for the COC and United take the much needed 3 points.

Pogba looks like he's taking a dump.

He's just seen Fergie and Phelan in the stands

Barre Norwich who rode their luck and who I do like, every team that wanted to go through and deserved to go through went through.

Liverpool were fucking shit at the back today, purely due to Rodgers experimenting, very little width or invention, Downing did nothing to further endear himself to him, sterling had an iffy game and we didn't have a remotely good side on the pitch until half time. Swansea were all over us on the counter attack and to be fair, they're good.. I think Rodgers, the last man who should, maybe underestimated their threat. Deserved victory for them, disappointing and annoying to watch for me.

ref had a blinder in the united chelsea game, sir Alex's good luck wishes paid off!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Getting blown out on the wall of shame.

feels good man
No one cares about the wall of 'shame'. Please don't spam this thread with your gifs. :p
Juve need to be involved in these discussions :p
Well we certainly know 'that feel'. :/

We had a goal disallowed tonight, but it's not cover worthy. Last season when we had 80% of the decisions going against us, the media did fuck all.

K1LLER7

No one cares about the wall of 'shame'. Please don't spam this thread with your gifs. :p

Well we certainly know 'that feel'. :/

We had a goal disallowed tonight, but it's not cover worthy. Last season when we had 80% of the decisions going against us and the media did fuck all.

Your players need more love from the media. Sell the midfielders to United. The strikers can go to City or Chelsea.

He might get hurt though
If he actually did it and it was suarez-like, I wouldn't mind.

Got back from the game an hour ago or so.

What a roller coaster, still can't believe we won. Was impressed with Azpilicueta. Glad Cech was in goal, Piazon never really got into it but he will hopefully get minutes in the premier league.

Some diabolical defending for Uniteds 1st and 2nd goal but we came back, both definite penalties and the 2nd was definitely over the line (also Utd's was an obvious penalty).

Tbh, the biggest thing for me was Sturridge being completely useless for most of the game, hes a winger who cuts inside not a striker. He didn't make the runs that Torres makes and this caused us problems.

Final point, im aware of the trouble with our fans on Sunday, throwing of a chair (or part of it) and the coins etc, but wasn't impressed with smoke bombs/fireworks/flares from United fans and running on the pitch. Also, when i was at the tube station on the way home United fans were singing about City (nothing specific) and spent a long time singing "its never your fault" etc etc about Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom