• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

I don't think Fergie is really selling Nani down the river. Here's the full quote:

"Nani tried to beat a player, lost the ball and we've got a penalty against us. I don't know if it was a penalty or not but at that point think the young players started to feel it. If you are winning 3-2 in the final seconds of the game then you should see it out. Nani is an individual. He wants to beat men and we are not going to discourage that. Some of our football was terrific. Ryan Giggs played the full game and he is 39 next month. He is an example to all the players on that pitch, including the Chelsea players."

As an encore to tonight Chelsea are going to field a team with John Terry, Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Oscar, Ramires & many other first choice team players & play against United's under 11's side, & when they manage to fluke a win against them in the last minute they'll get to proclaim 'justice' once more. But more importantly than that, all the United haters around the world can join in & delude themselves that United didn't have a similar amount of bad decisions go against them at the weekend, & from now until the end of time in every game United play they should have more bad decisions go against them because after all 'it's only fair'. Viva moronic football supporters.
Instant karma's gonna get you

K1LLER7

I don't think Fergie is really selling Nani down the river. Here's the full quote:
Fergie doesn't give a damn about these small cups. He only wants the big ones.

He'll use the FA cup now to field teams that include squad players and the youngsters.

PL and CL are the main ones. United need Steve Bould.

Salvadora

Arsenal have a great chance to win this. Please don't fuck it up.
By the way,
Ties to be played week commencing December 10. Chelsea's match will be played on December 19 due to participation in FIFA Club World Cup.

dc89

TC has bought a 3DS, he's taking a look at my copies of Kingdom Hearts, Tales of The Abyss and Theatrythm and then asks... "so what games are on Vita?"

>.>

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zeman blames the pitch. It's never ever ever his fault, its unlikely that he's just a shit coach with a big mouth.

GorillaJu

Rodgers wouldn't if some of our fans had ther way.

Ehhh... They'll calm down.

We have a very shallow squad at the moment and some players went out there who wouldn't be fit for the Swansea team that beat us.

Rodgers had no choice. He couldn't possibly play a strong side after a Thursday game vs Anzhi, a derby and then a few days later this.

Being out of a trophy race is unfortunate but I'm not overly disappointed myself

As opposed to you two fine gentlemen who arent biased at all, who don't unfairly bash & who don't delight in United losing a game no matter what the circumstances are?
I've never posted negative comments on Man United, but I do find your posts incredibly annoying and I wish you'd stop.

What are you going to do now?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Vertonghen why were you so shit tonight? You had to defend two crosses in 10 minutes and failed utterly.

Fucking Dempsey as well. With VDV gone I wouldn't trust a single one of our players with a spot kick (except Ade...maybe).

doicare

I've never posted negative comments on Man United, but I do find your posts incredibly annoying and I wish you'd stop.

What are you going to do now?
Continue to tell the truth & laugh at people who put me on 'ignore' because all that proves is they're in denial & can't take the truth.

Pretty pathetic display by Chelsea, they had to put out almost all of their first choice team to beat United's 2nd/3rd/4th string team players. It would have been nice if United had won because that would have been justice for all of those horrendous decisions that went against them at the weekend such as Torres not getting a straight red card for kicking Cleverley in the chest studs up. In the end Chelsea had to cheat by scoring a goal after the allotted 3 minutes of injury time, Chelsea's run of fluking results in cup competions continues.

Jesus your trolling is often finely crafted but this is just wank and not even close to believable

I prefer it when you can almost pretend you're not a joke poster

Salvadora

Jesus. No wonder his contract negotiations take 6 months. Ship his ass to Liverpool.

The BBC is reporting it so it's unlikely to be bollocks. We need to strengthen in the winter window regardless of what happens, although I can see Wenger holding out for him to sign a new contract and ending up with fuck all.

rodvik

Leeds vs Chelsea
Swansea vs Middlesbrough
Norwich vs Villa
Bradford City vs Arsenal

Oooh Norwich, I will take that. Spicy draw.

Hope we get Bradford or Boro in the next round after they win their games. Leeds is a bit tougher dont want to face them.

jtb

Banned
The BBC is reporting it so it's unlikely to be bollocks. We need to strengthen in the winter window regardless of what happens, although I can see Wenger holding out for him to sign a new contract and ending up with fuck all.

Walcott out, Isco in? That's what the blind optimist in me is saying, anyways.

David Luiz was shite again.

What is it that he's supposed to do on the pitch?

It amazes me how much shit Luiz gets while Cahill gets off without anything from so many, also true for the first game where Cahill was involved heavily in both goals and Luiz just had... Really bad luck and no time to react with the own goal.

Hixx

Movember. Aka which footballer can get away with the shittest facial hair for a month. Jon Walters won last years with this monstrosity:

jD7QQuBteGCGH.jpg

Salvadora

Walcott out, Isco in? That's what the blind optimist in me is saying, anyways.
Hopefully we can swoop in January and give the Walcott money to Isco. It would be a huge jump from the wages he's on currently anyway.
He scored a penalty but over the course of the two matches he was Koscielney levels of awfulness.

I don't think Cahill played well against us either but he wasn't quite as bad as Luiz.

Being serious I do agree that he is defensively suspect. More than once I saw Vermaelen-esque runs with a complete disregard for defensive duties.

Prove what i said was wrong.

You said Chelsea cheated by scoring after the 3 allotted minutes, they didn't cheat they scored within the rules of the game. As you well know 3 minutes is a minimum and the penalty was awarded barely after the 3 anyway.

There's your proof, the rest could be down to interpretation but that point isn't even arguable

K1LLER7

He scored a penalty but over the course of the two matches he was Koscielney levels of awfulness.

I don't think Cahill played well against us either but he wasn't quite as bad as Luiz.
Both clubs need to find themselves a Steve Bould. This leaking defence needs to be fixed.

doicare

You said Chelsea cheated by scoring after the 3 allotted minutes, they didn't cheat they scored within the rules of the game. As you well know 3 minutes is a minimum and the penalty was awarded barely after the 3 anyway.

There's your proof, the rest could be down to interpretation but that point isn't even arguable
There where no substitutions or players taken off injured during the 3 minutes of injury time, there for 3 minutes is all that should have been played and Chelsea got their penalty after that time. Like wise in the second half of extra time 2 minutes should have been played but the ref blew 3 seconds before that time. The rest are just facts not interpretation.
doicare's posts make man united losses better. I have never seen a sorer loser.
Posting the truth in the face of United bashers = sore loser. Ok sure makes sense.

Don't remember Luiz doing anything particularly bad other than that, admittedly really stupid, loss of the ball in the middle. Would rather play Luiz than any other of Chelseas central defenders at the moment.

There where no substitutions or players taken off injured during the 3 minutes of injury time, there for 3 minutes is all that should have been played and Chelsea got their penalty after that time. Like wise in the second half of extra time 2 minutes should have been played but the ref blew 3 seconds before that time. The rest are just facts not interpretation.

Even if the ref got it wrong (which I don't think he did) then Chelsea didn't cheat, you said they did I pointed out you were wrong no more no less

Wow wtf, came home, friend was like how about that Chelsea win, I laughed in his face...I had stopped watching at around 90 minutes had to get going...as I'm laughing he pulls up the score. LOL. Don't care really, but sounds like I missed a crazy OT. Between this and the Arsenal game, good stuff.

Clegg

Don't remember Luiz doing anything particularly bad other than that, admittedly really stupid, loss of the ball in the middle. Would rather play Luiz than any other of Chelseas central defenders at the moment.

On Sunday I though it was very easy for RVP to get free from Luiz.

I know RVP is one of the best strikers in the world but I still thought Luiz should have done better than he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom