• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Isn't his girl pretty hot as well?

Yes.
bD847.jpg

K1LLER7

So, judging from what we've seen of Pogba so far ... Conte should start thinking about how to mold our 3-5-2 to accommodate Black Verratti. I think he's wasted as Pirlo's substitute, as Conte seems to have figured out as well. He can certainly play decently as a DM / deep lying playmaker, but he's just too talented and dangerous up front to be confined there. He's got it all: first touch, fantastic shooting technique with both feet, dribbling, strong heading, great vision and he's a fucking beast of a man. In a Boateng-like role he'd be a 10+ goals per season player.

this makes me sad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So, judging from what we've seen of
Pogba
so far ... Conte should start thinking about how to mold our 3-5-2 to accommodate Black Verratti. I think he's wasted as Pirlo's substitute, as Conte seems to have figured out as well. He can certainly play decently as a DM / deep lying playmaker, but he's just too talented and dangerous up front to be confined there. He's got it all: first touch, fantastic shooting technique with both feet, dribbling, strong heading, great vision and he's a fucking beast of a man. In a Boateng-like role he'd be a 10+ goals per season player.

3-6-1? I mean who are we kidding here, our midfielders know how to score better than our strikers.

Yeah he's a mix between Marchisio and Pirlo. He could be vice-anyone in midfield!

Edit: Credit to Nicky B again, he made four tackles and tracked back like an animal. AND HOW ABOUT THAT GIOVINCO. <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Old: Andrea Pirlo hasn't lost a game in Serie A since October 30th, 2010. TWO YEARS!

New: His last loss was to Juve. :p /INCEPTION

That goal doesn't happen in the Premier League. Jonny Evans lunges at him two footed, and Messi gets sent off.

Brilliant! :lol

Zabojnik

3-6-1? I mean who are we kidding here, our midfielders know how to score better than our strikers.

Yup, that's the real tragedy. Imagine if we had Cavani ... Btw, any truth to the Villa rumors? Is Barca really thinking about getting rid of him? Seems complete bullshit to me.

Messi

Yup, that's the real tragedy. Imagine if we had Cavani ... Btw, any truth to the Villa rumors? Is Barca really thinking about getting rid of him? Seems complete bullshit to me.

It's bullshit, Villa has been really consistent since coming back. Much better than expected. Sanchez on the other hand... Not so much. It rather have Pedro on the field than Alexis.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dorados de Culiacán just became the new Copa MX champion. I don't particularly care for the team, but I lived in the state of Sinaloa for three years. People are going mental.

I'm happy Cuauhtémoc Blanco won a title. :) He may have been an Americanista, but I cannot deny his talent. Sad he only won two club trophies in his entire career.

EDIT: the cup is really snazzy

My 3-step guide to make us decent

Tap up Huntelaar now
Get a real second choice DM
Fuck Carragher off*

*whether he played well or not

Suarez is so, so important. If he carries on like this, will he be world class?

edit: Wow this Wooton guy seems clumsy

Chelsea's fifth: Dat Hazard

Linius

My 3-step guide to make us decent

Tap up Huntelaar now
Get a real second choice DM
Fuck Carragher off*

*whether he played well or not

Suarez is so, so important. If he carries on like this, will he be world class?

I would love to see Suarez and Huntelaar coming back together. As an Ajax fan I know how awesome they are in the same team.

He's been one of the best players in the world lately. He would be world class if he didn't waste so many chances.

He's putting a decent percentage of them in the net recently though. Even his winner against Everton, they're the types of chances where you're not surprised when he twats them over

Fuck off Nazio

Fry

He's putting a decent percentage of them in the net recently though. Even his winner against Everton, they're the types of chances where you're not surprised when he twats them over

True, he's up there with the top scorers of the premier league. Would be first if the legal goal against Everton had been validated. But three of his 6 goals came from one match, so it's a little misleading. Also:

'Luis Suarez has missed the target from inside the box 22 times this season; 9 times more than any other player in the top 5 leagues.'
He needs to be putting those away. Or just sign Huntelaar already!

True, he's up there with the top scorers of the premier league. Would be first if the legal goal against Everton had been validated. But three of his 6 goals came from one match, so it's a little misleading. Also:

'Luis Suarez has missed the target from inside the box 22 times this season; 9 times more than any other player in the top 5 leagues.'
He needs to be putting those away. Or just sign Huntelaar already!

To be fair, that stat is misleading since he;s the only player we have who consistently gets chances inside the box.

For instance, Bayern have Mandzukic, Robben, Muller and Ribery regularly shooting from inside the box

We need to get Sterling, Assaidi, Downing and Suso trained up in attacking the right areas of the box depending where the ball is

edit: And why do people keep mentioning Suarez's hatrick at Norwich as a misleading record, but not Van Persie's at Southampton?

GorillaJu

When you have one player who is head and shoulders over everyone else, it's hard not to call them a one man team. I mean, Utd is basically RVP + Rooney, and then 9 others that don't really matter.

I think you're not giving enough credit to Xabi Alonso and Mascherano. That was a beast of a team.

They were a brilliant axis, the cogs of the team. Without Torres and Gerrard, there was no magic or consistent goal threat though

RAWK seem to think that Coates played particularly well. Seems like whenever he plays well, we concede 3+

GorillaJu

They were a brilliant axis, the cogs of the team. Without Torres and Gerrard, there was no magic or consistent goal threat though

RAWK seem to think that Coates played particularly well. Seems like whenever he plays well, we concede 3+

Coates did a job when he came on vs Everton.

He's also always partnered with Carragher, and usually two young fullbacks and a weak midfield. It's not his fault, really. You rarely see him out of position or making an error that results in a goal.

Blablurn

some weeks ago i mentioned one friend who was totally destroyed over her last relationship? now she is going to the psychologist. wat

Oxx

I should have learned after Tuesday that watching just the first-half of a Capital One Cup game would come back and bite me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom