• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is Meus had a point, United aren't exactly anything to fear, at least not relative to 2 or 3 years ago.

And we STILL should have won 4-0, at least.

Arsenal are very bad. That wasn't even a good United performance and it was not a competitive game at all.

Salazar

Santos and Bébé should go on the road together. Travelling show.

I'm imagining them playing on the same wing. Linking up.

GorillaJu

"He's still a cunt." - Most Arsenal fans here.

Someone's got their panties in a twist.

I'm not sure what you expected, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill here. This has been one of the tamer United vs. another big team fixtures in terms of FootyGaf banter.

So the KFC commercial has 4 white guys calling fried chicken "monkey bites" and when they eat it they make monkey sounds.

Okay I know this isn't intended to be what it sounds like, but come the fuck on...
:lol, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. If anybody genuinely thought that was even a thing, it would be the greatest case of looking for racism, ever. I doubt that train of thought even enters most peoples heads.

Fry

... really, Fry ?

Cazorla hasn't been completely amazing because Arsenal have been tame all competition so far. But he's clearly their standout player and very good for the league's standards.

Kagawa has been a bigger disappointment than him, so far.

What has Kagawa got to do with anything?

I've said Cazorla isn't playing well, and he isn't. I don't see the need mention another player.

You've just WAYNE ROONEY'd yourself.

It's the NeoGAF way, isn't?!

kharma45

So are we gonna have a vote on Killer's next avatar?

How about this one?

pMmZP.jpg

Ugh, fucking that one should win automatically, perfectly cunty looking :p

Messi

He didn't hear the chants, enjoyed his time at arsenal and they are great fans. He said his lack of a celebration speaks for itself.

Players/weg did not seem to have an issue with him .

He was just very well spoken.

Ferguson was right to take cleverly off, Wenger should have done the same with Wilshere. If Wilshere was going to go through the ball and clash with Evra he could have at least seriously injured him or ended his career. So inconsiderate!

True though, he did fuck all until the goal. Don't know how you thought he was the best on the pitch first half, constantly marked by Carrick. I think you're suffering from Cleveritis concerning Cazorla.

And I think he's brilliant. For Villarreal two years ago and Malaga last year he was one of my favourite players.

I thought he was very good in the first half. Constantly moved and passed, often tried to link up play. Second half, he was anonymous, granted, but the suggestion that he isn't impressive is..its like an old man yelling at a cloud

Soi-Fong

Cazorla hasn't been completely amazing because Arsenal have been tame all competition so far. But he's clearly their standout player and very good for the league's standards.

Kagawa has been a bigger disappointment than him, so far.

Again, being constanly moved around isn't helping him.

Clegg

My god, you're annoying

He did nothing today. Scored a goal right at the very end but failed to influence the game at all. It's been the same story for a while now.

You've let your infatuation get the better of you.

You were right to sing his praises at the start of the season. But you really should make a note when he's not playing well.

Slizz

Wow. How did Clev not get sent off?! HOW THE FUCK?!

Because a couple of minutes before that Wilshere did something similar on a yellow and got a talking to. Same with Clev. Difference is Clev was taken off and Wilshere stayed on and got another yellow.

jtb

Banned
Cazorla's been poor for the last couple of games, including this one. I don't think there's any way to deny that.

Empty

he just gave wilshire a final warning for a second yellow offense a minute or so early so he evened it up.

fergie then took off cleverly and wenger chose to risk it and well

Kyoufu

Not serious here BUT still fun to comment that:

Man United were awarded a penalty and the opposition was red carded. SAF has the PL referees in the bag.

Wilbur

Banned
Funny thing is Meus had a point, United aren't exactly anything to fear, at least not relative to 2 or 3 years ago.

Arsenal are very bad. That wasn't even a good United performance and it was not a competitive game at all.

The misguided optimism was beautiful.

Damning United, fair enough.

Suggesting Arsenal will be the one to show them up... bwahahahahahaha

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

I wanna see United against a decent defence before lighting up the fireworks. I don't think there's anyone in the Premier League that fits the criteria.

GorillaJu

:lol, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. If anybody genuinely thought that was even a thing, it would be the greatest case of looking for racism, ever. I doubt that train of thought even enters most peoples heads.

Really?

I'm not offended by it, it's just one of those things where I think "they really didn't think this one through." I understand the joke (as dumb as it is), but it's just a subject and a manner that is sensitive enough I wouldn't touch it.

Then again, I am from the States, and the "black people love fried chicken" stereotype is extremely prevalent there.

It's not even true - everyone knows the race that loves fried chicken are the Koreans.
EtQIf.jpg

dc89

So United are top of the league. Last time United were top Phil Jones took his top off, 60 seconds later it was back on. You know the rest ;)

Wilbur

Banned

Wilshere fouled someone, yellow card.

Cleverley fouled someone, yellow card.

Wilshere fouled someone again, final warning.

Cleverley fouled someone again, final warning.

Wilshere fouled someone again, red card.

Cleverley substituted.

That's why, dc. That's why. The referee was being fair.

I also thought Cazorla was very quiet today. Especially considering he wasn't playing against a particularly good midfield. His team-mates didn't help but he was giving it away very easily and getting dispossessed quite alot too.

Think he made a great start to his Arsenal career but I've now seem him be pretty average against Norwich, QPR and then today.

FWIW - I have been impressed, very much, but he needs to raise his level once more, Arsenal really need it.

TeegsD

So United are top of the league. Last time United were top Phil Jones took his top off, 60 seconds later it was back on. You know the rest ;)

I'm so happy that you at least have that memory to hold onto for the next few years as you become comfortable in 3rd place ;)

dc89

Wilshere fouled someone, yellow card.

Cleverley fouled someone, yellow card.

Wilshere fouled someone again, final warning.

Cleverley fouled someone again, final warning.

Wilshere fouled someone again, red card.

Cleverley substituted.

That's why, dc. That's why. The referee was being fair.

Ahhhh! Dean was ref. cool! Clattenberg and Webb rested this week?

Wilbur

Banned
I thought he was very good in the first half. Constantly moved and passed, often tried to link up play. Second half, he was anonymous, granted, but the suggestion that he isn't impressive is..its like an old man yelling at a cloud

He hasn't been impressive since the West Ham game for me. Granted its not too long ago, and don't forget when he came I actually did herald him as the best Spanish player in the league (Mata's turned up fucking trumps this season though). I just don't think he did enough today to influence things.

I wanna see United against a decent defence before lighting up the fireworks. I don't think there's anyone in the Premier League that fits the criteria.

We'll get shown up in the CL against a good team, no doubt in my mind really.

Clegg

Maybe I should have said I haven't been impressed with him over the course of the last month.

Even you will have to admit he hasn't done much recently.

I think he's a great player going through a bad run.

jtb

Banned
When the fuck is Diaby coming back? Why the fuck did Wenger think it was a good idea to risk our entire season on the most injury prone player in the PL??? I hope Diaby is sold in the summer (assuming he's not injured then...), but there's no denying that his dribbling ability and strength would have been a huge help in a game where Arteta and Cazorla were constantly losing possession in the middle of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom