• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
1351950082177.gif

Moobabe

The main question is: is the sell to buy policy the board's? or Wenger's? We know there's a strict wage structure at Arsenal—is that Wenger's fault or the board? That wage structure was responsible for players like RVP, Nasri not signing new contracts. Santos was signed because Clichy was sold (also, ran down contract to a year). The team put in awful performances the past couple weeks—but the blame has to be shared between Wenger and the lack of quality in the team. Wenger chased Mata, but the board refused to cough up a couple extra million pounds to match the release fee. I think the board absolutely needs to take some blame for the declining quality in the team.

One thing I will refuse to defend Wenger on is selling Fabregas (because the board would have forced him to stay, and rightfully so) and not building a proper team around him when he was here. There is still a giant gaping hole in midfield in Fabregas' absense and Cazorla is not going to make it up all on his own. That and his tactical naievete, but that's nothing new.

I agree the board has to take some blame - but I don't believe the wage cap forced out Van Persie and Nasri; players want to win things. With the quality that Arsenal have had over recent years in those 2, Hleb, Fabregas, Flamini etc they should have won things. I couldn't tell you why those players left - but I refuse to believe every single footballer only thinks about their income vs their chance to be successful.

Like this Walcott situation - scores a hattrick midweek and Wenger sings his praises, says he wants the lad to sign a new contract, values him highly - then starts Ramsey wide right. I don't understand that at all.

Salvadora

Like this Walcott situation - scores a hattrick midweek and Wenger sings his praises, says he wants the lad to sign a new contract, values him highly - then starts Ramsey wide right. I don't understand that at all.

It's be mentioned numerous times already in this thread that he played 120 minutes in the week.

Anyway happy with the win but we need to score as much as we can. Cleverley was really good today but Anderson should be given more chance as he is a more creative and direct midfielder and can actually move with the ball. Its easy to see why their partnership early last season was so good. I hope we can get to see them play together more often.

Me too, he's one of my favourite players to watch

You're such a bad loser.

Can't take any criticism of your favourites.

I congratulated Utd on their victory, they deserved it. We weren't good enough. I've expressed that a few times already. I've even gone to criticise the side. The issue isn't therefore that I'm a bad loser, I'm just not interested in your opinion of Arsenal or Cazorla. I'm open to reading the opinions of others on these topics, regardless whether they are critical or not. But anyone who thinks of Cazorla as the first name to come into their mind as to who to criticise, well I'm sorry but I have better things to do with my afternoon than to read stuff like that

qindarka is just too sensitive if I'm honest.

Football fans do not follow any worthy moral code. Football as a sport in general does not. You can't expect fairness from it - you will only be disappointed.

Football fans do not follow any worthy moral code. Football as a sport in general does not. You can't expect fairness from it - you will only be disappointed.
I think he's more so bothered by the fact that many fans will say the exact same thing you did, but still act like subjective dick holes who talk shit for the sake of it.

But that's the way of things.

Clegg

Me too, he's one of my favourite players to watch

I congratulated Utd on their victory, they deserved it. We weren't good enough. I've expressed that a few times already. I've even gone to criticise the side. The issue isn't therefore that I'm a bad loser, I'm just not interested in your opinion of Arsenal or Cazorla. I'm open to reading the opinions of others on these topics, regardless whether they are critical or not. But anyone who thinks of Cazorla as the first name to come into their mind as to who to criticise, well I'm sorry but I have better things to do with my afternoon than to read stuff like that

Cazorla is Arsenals fulcrum. When he plays well, Arsenal play well. Cazorla has looked flat for the last month and Arsenal have suffered. Yes, Arsenal have plenty of other problems. But Cazorla is the main man in attack and he hasn't actually done much in a while. He deserves his criticism.

Your reaction is completely disproportionate to the statement. There was nothing inflammatory with what I posted.

Bumhead

Banned
Only watched about 20 minutes of the Arsenal game. The overwhelming thing that stood out was how bad Arsenal were at the back.

Bad day at the office? Early season suggested they had sorted that out, at least from an outside neutrals point of view.

qindarka

Banned

Perhaps I am. Don't think that's a fault on my part though.

I've always been annoyed with the culture around football. Tribalism and club loyalties blinding fans. Hypocrisy is rife. Outright venom often being spewed, commonly being justified as banter. There are plenty of football fans who genuinely believe that the fans of their rivals are morally inferior, for example.

Thats not even getting into really big issues like violence or racism.

Salvadora

So did a number of our players - which was against Man United - and they're playing today. These are professional athletes.
Wenger said that some players felt heavy legs & that he would manage that in the regards to the United game & CL game. Walcott did come on in the 50th minute.

TrueBlue

Perhaps I am. Don't think that's a fault on my part though.

I've always been annoyed with the culture around football. Tribalism and club loyalties blinding fans. Hypocrisy is rife. Outright venom often being spewed, commonly being justified as banter. There are plenty of football fans who genuinely believe that the fans of their rivals are morally inferior, for example.

Thats not even getting into really big issues like violence or racism.

That's just the way things are I'm afraid. Been that way for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom