• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killer, if you want an alternative:

smrF9.png

Seconded.

Moobabe

Outside of Van Persie and Rooney this United side is nothing to be feared - saying that I have no idea what Arsenal were doing today. No control on the ball, no movement off it, no pace while in possession.

My favourite, and the defining, moment of the game was when the Arsenal fans were singing about shit the board is. Either Arsenal fans have no idea about economics or they're completely misplacing their disgust at the sides performances in the wrong place:

Did the board pick Ramsey to play wide right?

Did the board scout and sign Santos?

Did the board allow Van Persie to run his contract down?

Are the board the reason Arsenal have turned in shocking performances against Norwich, QPR, United and Schalke?

The answer to every single one of those is no; Wenger and his team are responsible - but if the board acted and sacked Wenger the fans would go absolutely mental. Easily some of the worst fans in the country - booing your own players to booing the board that have steered the club to financial security and allowing the manager to spend money even though he chooses not to.

Also - any links to Chelsea? You know where to send them

Salvadora

When the fuck is Diaby coming back? Why the fuck did Wenger think it was a good idea to risk our entire season on the most injury prone player in the PL??? I hope Diaby is sold in the summer (assuming he's not injured then...), but there's no denying that his dribbling ability and strength would have been a huge help in a game where Arteta and Cazorla were constantly losing possession in the middle of the park.

Wenger doesn't even bother to give a timeframe in which he may return. He's done.

scently

One more thing, I think Nani is done at Utd. He really should be sold and replaced by James Rodriguez or Isco. Technically he is good but he is too careless and sooo inconsistent.

GorillaJu

Shinji disappointing? Maybe, but keep in mind that has more to do with Ferguson than anything else.

I don't think so. I'm being completely honest here - Shinji hasn't been up to his standard since coming over to United and I think it's down to the change in league and opposition more than himself or the team. I'm sure he's working hard to adapt, but he isn't performing up to the standard United would demand. He has all the potential in the world, so I hope for him (even though it helps Cuntchester United) that he gets there, but right now it doesn't look like he's been a stellar signing.

Plasma

Banned
When the fuck is Diaby coming back? Why the fuck did Wenger think it was a good idea to risk our entire season on the most injury prone player in the PL??? I hope Diaby is sold in the summer (assuming he's not injured then...), but there's no denying that his dribbling ability and strength would have been a huge help in a game where Arteta and Cazorla were constantly losing possession in the middle of the park.

Though the last time Diaby played at Old Trafford he nodded past our own keeper so who knows :p

Really?

I'm not offended by it, it's just one of those things where I think "they really didn't think this one through." I understand the joke (as dumb as it is), but it's just a subject and a manner that is sensitive enough I wouldn't touch it.

Then again, I am from the States, and the "black people love fried chicken" stereotype is extremely prevalent there.

It's not even true - everyone knows the race that loves fried chicken are the Koreans. http://i.imgur.com/EtQIf.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]It would be one thing if they had a bunch of black dudes with their KFC, water melon and orange soda dancing about going "ooh ooh ooh, monkey bites". But you know, they don't.

I don't know, I think to not make the joke because you assume that peoples minds would instantly jump to a stupid stereotype would be a pretty sad state of affairs.

Outside of Van Persie and Rooney this United side is nothing to be feared - saying that I have no idea what Arsenal were doing today. No control on the ball, no movement off it, no pace while in possession.

My favourite, and the defining, moment of the game was when the Arsenal fans were singing about shit the board is. Either Arsenal fans have no idea about economics or they're completely misplacing their disgust at the sides performances in the wrong place:

Are the board the reason Arsenal have turned in shocking performances against Norwich, QPR, United and Schalke?

The answer to every single one of those is no; Wenger and his team are responsible - but if the board acted and sacked Wenger the fans would go absolutely mental. Easily some of the worst fans in the country - booing your own players to booing the board that have steered the club to financial security and allowing the manager to spend money even though he chooses not to.

You should look into how some people on the board speak about Arsenal fans before making that judgement.

Just have a look at some of the quotes from the latest AGM.

Arsenal fans have every right to be disgusted with their board.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think so. I'm being completely honest here - Shinji hasn't been up to his standard since coming over to United and I think it's down to the change in league and opposition more than himself or the team. I'm sure he's working hard to adapt, but he isn't performing up to the standard United would demand. He has all the potential in the world, so I hope for him (even though it helps Cuntchester United) that he gets there, but right now it doesn't look like he's been a stellar signing.

Yeah, agreed. I was very impressed against Everton and Fulham despite iffy performances from the team as a whole, and he's had a few moments of magic since, but we're trying to fit him into a system without displacing Rooney or RVP. I'd have the two of them rotate between up top and wide left with Kagawa in the hole, but he's the one being forced out wide at the moment.

It's a combination of Fergie and Shinji so far that it isn't great, but I'm keeping the faith!

Fry

You got one thing wrong there.

It's Mancuntser United

Clegg

It's interesting that you can criticise Arsenal as much as you like, but as soon as you question the form of Cazorla, Meus gets pissy.

Moobabe

You should look into how some people on the board speak about Arsenal fans before making that judgement.

Just have a look at some of the quotes from the latest AGM.

Arsenal fans have every right to be disgusted with their board.

Any choice quotes? And if they talked about Arsenal fans reducing one of their own players to tears by booing him then I sympathise entirely.

I agree. All tactics and new surroudnings aside, he's been miss-placing 5 yard passes and miss-controlling simple balls.

He will get there but it's not the start we hoped for, he looked very sharp early on but since then he didn't kick on. To me it seemed like he was playing within himself a little to try and settle in and get to grips with the league. If that's the case he will be doing it from the bench because there is alot of competition for places.

Injured now anyway.

It's interesting that you can criticise Arsenal as much as you like, but as soon as you question the form of Cazorla, Meus gets pissy.
He's just upset, genuinely though they'd do something today.

It's the hope that kills you.

GorillaJu

The bad thing for Kagawa is United are looking very good with the 2 up top.

Actually looked more to me like a 4-5-1 with RVP up top and Rooney tucked in behind him, rather than a strike partnership. Seems like Rooney's doing the Kagawa role at the moment (and he's looking not bad at it).

Clegg

To be fair you did say 'not been impressed with Cazorla'.

I should have said that I haven't been impressed by him lately. I made a mistake and amended it. But Meus just blindly goes forward with his sense of injustice.

And Cazorla han't played well in a while. You can't really say he's been good over the last while.

jtb

Banned

The main question is: is the sell to buy policy the board's? or Wenger's? We know there's a strict wage structure at Arsenal—is that Wenger's fault or the board? That wage structure was responsible for players like RVP, Nasri not signing new contracts. Santos was signed because Clichy was sold (also, ran down contract to a year). The team put in awful performances the past couple weeks—but the blame has to be shared between Wenger and the lack of quality in the team. Wenger chased Mata, but the board refused to cough up a couple extra million pounds to match the release fee. I think the board absolutely needs to take some blame for the declining quality in the team.

One thing I will refuse to defend Wenger on is selling Fabregas (because the board would have forced him to stay, and rightfully so) and not building a proper team around him when he was here. There is still a giant gaping hole in midfield in Fabregas' absense and Cazorla is not going to make it up all on his own. That and his tactical naievete, but that's nothing new.

Wilbur

Banned
The bad thing for Kagawa is United are looking very good with the 2 up top.

We do have the option to play without width and still have two up front, but I'd miss the protection Valencia gives to Rafael. I honestly think if we just rotate RVP and Rooney wide left depending on duties, then Kagawa can easily play behind whoever is up top with Valencia still wide right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom